Playmates: TMNT Miscellaneous

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Other Playmates TMNT lines

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:41 am

I keep saying this, and I clearly need to contact Playmates directly, but if they want to print money currently going to eBay and cash in on nostalgia with old molds - go back to doing the classic rereleases they were doing at Toys'R'Us.

I bought 10 Foot Soldiers (which I never had any growing up). I replaced my original, incomplete, broken Turtle Van with a brand spanking new one. I was hoping for April & Casey (along with the Sewer), but they did the army Turtles, then TRU closed. (Did they also do the Blimp, and I just couldn't afford it, or am I imagining that?)

Start over, giving more people the chance, then keep going.
theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 am

thefamousnicknaro wrote:It’s just so weird to me that they have no idea what to do with the turtles if there’s not a show going on. Unless it’s some kind of edict from Nickelodeon, you’d think it would be easy enough for them to make some kind of aggregate line with all different versions of the turtles and their baddies. I can’t be the only one who’d jump at original toon versions or 2k3 versions done up with the modern articulation in that scale.
Having missed the boat on the 2k3 line the first time around, I would gladly buy straight reissues.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:58 am

I actually really like the idea here, but why not go the full way and just redeco the vintage turtles? It seems odd to use their Mirage TMNT. Sigh.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:02 am

Oh crap, this is only $40? Whatever, I'm in.
Whatif?
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:58 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
I keep saying this, and I clearly need to contact Playmates directly, but if they want to print money currently going to eBay and cash in on nostalgia with old molds - go back to doing the classic rereleases they were doing at Toys'R'Us.

I bought 10 Foot Soldiers (which I never had any growing up). I replaced my original, incomplete, broken Turtle Van with a brand spanking new one. I was hoping for April & Casey (along with the Sewer), but they did the army Turtles, then TRU closed. (Did they also do the Blimp, and I just couldn't afford it, or am I imagining that?)

I agree with you 100%, they’re turning down money by not reissuing more vintage figures. They don’t need to do everything but there are some popular ones that would absolutely sell like crazy that they haven’t reissued in over 20 years. Krangs Android body, Mutagen Man, Metalhead, Casey Jones, etc etc
They could also do what Hasbro is doing and fit some brand new figures done in the vintage style in. They did Tarkin and just showed off a Kenner style Mandalorian. My dream has always been to get an Armaggon in the vintage Playmates style. He just always seemed like something that should’ve been made.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:11 am

Whatif? wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:58 pm
TENIME_art wrote:

I agree with you 100%, they’re turning down money by not reissuing more vintage figures. They don’t need to do everything but there are some popular ones that would absolutely sell like crazy that they haven’t reissued in over 20 years. Krangs Android body, Mutagen Man, Metalhead, Casey Jones, etc etc
They could also do what Hasbro is doing and fit some brand new figures done in the vintage style in. They did Tarkin and just showed off a Kenner style Mandalorian. My dream has always been to get an Armaggon in the vintage Playmates style. He just always seemed like something that should’ve been made.
I say go one step further and do Scratch, Hot Spot, Robotic Rocksteady and Bebop, just go nuts with it. If you’re gonna rely on vintage give us something incredible. Give us something most of us can never get.

Bust out the figures like Scratch that are hovering around $1,000, even if you gotta remake the mold again.

Really make something unique to get people talking. I also love your idea of Armaggon. Throw in a Karai as well.

There is so many good ideas that Playmates could use.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:27 pm

And they could milk those old molds for all they're worth to pay for new sculpts.
Whatif?
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:13 am

Roufuss wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:11 am

I say go one step further and do Scratch, Hot Spot, Robotic Rocksteady and Bebop, just go nuts with it. If you’re gonna rely on vintage give us something incredible. Give us something most of us can never get.

Bust out the figures like Scratch that are hovering around $1,000, even if you gotta remake the mold again.

Really make something unique to get people talking. I also love your idea of Armaggon. Throw in a Karai as well.

There is so many good ideas that Playmates could use.
Oh yeah great idea with Robotic Rocksteady and Bebop. All those later year figures are getting ridiculously expensive. Even the turtle variants like the Forgotten Sewers, Adventurers, Sumo, etc are getting rich. And of course the undercover turtles. I think they’re just the toon Raph body with the undercover Don head and a fabric coat and yet they sell for thousands now. Easiest money Playmates ever made if they ditched the 88 turtles even once and made those instead.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:11 am

How many times can Playmates re-release those "vintage" Turtles? Why, as many times as they bloody see fit!

Both are up on EE for order, $100 a pop. Previews exclusive so other places will have orders too I'm sure. The packaging is nice, I will give them that.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 am

My LCS had the "classics" body style turtles with Mirage style heads and b&w comic style boxes this week. All 4 turtles in red bandanas. I don't know if these have been out before, I just noticed the packaging when I was checking out the SW figures hanging next to them.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:21 pm

I have the party van set because I really wanted these on card. (Wish they were the og cards but whatever). I really enjoy the way they fit into the van for storage so I decided to go with the villains set also. Why not?

I feel like they are good companion pieces to the super7 ultimates lines that I am very much into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Handsome
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:38 am

These are cool for people who don't already have them, though I have multiples of all of these except Slash and Baxter.

Personally I hope they someday re-release Toon Shredder and Krang's Android Body. The prices on those are ridiculously high and I've wanted them for years.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:26 pm

I want the big Android body. The 11" one.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:49 am

Playmates is the business equivalent of a washed-up high school athlete, who hasn't really accomplished anything since graduating, and keeps talking about his glory days.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:17 am

Psychography wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:49 am
Playmates is the business equivalent of a washed-up high school athlete, who hasn't really accomplished anything since graduating, and keeps talking about his glory days.
So they're Al Bundy. :lol:

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”