Playmates: TMNT Miscellaneous

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Other Playmates TMNT lines

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Pics? I wasn't aware of SotO Classics, and I only ever saw 90's Donny once but had no money & didn't want to end up with just one Turtle (and he's not even my favorite - sorry, Robo).
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:23 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm
Pics? I wasn't aware of SotO Classics, and I only ever saw 90's Donny once but had no money & didn't want to end up with just one Turtle (and he's not even my favorite - sorry, Robo).
It seems like they're basically the 90s movie Turtles in slightly different colors and with a ton of accessories. Each Turtle has 4 headsculpts, and they come with some shuriken (I think like 8 of them), a pizza, a box of donuts with 3 donuts, a mop, a nerf bat, and a pair of sausage chucks. Grip is super weak, though, due to the articulated fingers.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 pm

Thanks!

Woof, those are rougher than I remember, lol. I think I'm good with just the cartoon Classics & the NECA movies.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 pm
Thanks!

Woof, those are rougher than I remember, lol. I think I'm good with just the cartoon Classics & the NECA movies.
Yeah, they definitely don't look anything like the turtles did in the movies, but I kinda like them as the toys they are. Having the sausage chucks almost makes it worth it just for that, lol.

Still waiting on the cartoon classics to arrive. Pretty much gonna have all the 1/12 scale Turtles soon.

EDIT: Plus, found that set at a really good price and could not pass it up. Just need my KO Revoltech set to get here, and I'll have all the collector turtles in 1/12 scale. :)
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Hey, I get it, trust me, lol:

chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:49 am

Anybody have any experience with the plastic from the original line getting sticky? I have a few random ones from over the years that I never felt the need to bother with (duplicates in lots or cheap), but my coworker brought me his old mutagen man and he's a figure I never had - I'd like to desticky him. I tried hand soap to no avail, maybe dawn? Anybody been successful?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:34 am

I have a set of those original Playmates "Classics" movie figures that I 'customized' with some spots on their skin to make them look a little closer to the Henson suits.

I sold all the cartoon versions I had, but kept those 4 for eventual TMNT display with all my other versions.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:16 pm

I got the cartoon classics ones yesterday. Collection almost complete. lol Just need them Revoltechs.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 pm

chris350 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:49 am
Anybody have any experience with the plastic from the original line getting sticky? I have a few random ones from over the years that I never felt the need to bother with (duplicates in lots or cheap), but my coworker brought me his old mutagen man and he's a figure I never had - I'd like to desticky him. I tried hand soap to no avail, maybe dawn? Anybody been successful?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Successful de-stick-ifying? No, I haven't tried.

Experience with them being sticky? Yes, a few of them are. Ray Fillet is the worst, and I got him MOC a few months ago & was the first person to ever open him up.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Playmates holds the crown for laziest of lazy attempts at catching collector interest. And yes, those are the vintage molds for Splinter and Shredder. SO IMPRESSIVE.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Just a way to keep the master license is my guess with no cartoon going on they have to do something just sucks that these look like well they suck
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:45 pm

It’s just so weird to me that they have no idea what to do with the turtles if there’s not a show going on. Unless it’s some kind of edict from Nickelodeon, you’d think it would be easy enough for them to make some kind of aggregate line with all different versions of the turtles and their baddies. I can’t be the only one who’d jump at original toon versions or 2k3 versions done up with the modern articulation in that scale.
Whatif?
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:35 pm

I haven’t seen anyone say anything positive about this since it was announced but I’m pretty excited to get the Shredder and Splinter. I just wish instead of the 2012 era comic turtles they had done straight vintage and painted the original turtles all in a single skin tone with red bandanas, brown pads and belts without letters. The price was cheap enough that I’ll just donate the turtles to toys for tots and keep Shredder and Splinter as oddities in my vintage collection.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:10 pm

thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:45 pm
It’s just so weird to me that they have no idea what to do with the turtles if there’s not a show going on. Unless it’s some kind of edict from Nickelodeon, you’d think it would be easy enough for them to make some kind of aggregate line with all different versions of the turtles and their baddies. I can’t be the only one who’d jump at original toon versions or 2k3 versions done up with the modern articulation in that scale.
Or if they want to keep redoing vintage, I don’t know, do what Mattel is doing with Masters of the Universe Origins, you know? Just make figures in the same size and proportions but cut in more articulation.

Or just remake Scratch and Hotspot and some of the other big money guys and watch TMNT people fight in the aisles over them.

Do figures based on the IDW comic?

Take your idea and do a TMNT Universe like that celebrates all eras of the TMNT?

It’s always the same handful of vintage figures recolored over and over, made even worse because stuff like this is why NECA has to be so restrictive.

I don’t get how Playmates can see literally everyone else having massive success with TMNT toys and their answer is “here is the same six figures again but recolored.” They could be really capitalizing on this revival if they weren’t so awful.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:38 pm

What's more baffling is them thinking it's okay to mix the two vintage figures with the four newer turtle toys. I just want to see the moment they decided to do that. I'm sure someone got a pat on the back for that madness.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”