Playmates: TMNT Miscellaneous

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
CFFJR
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Other Playmates TMNT lines

Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 am

I keep coming back to look at that picture and see if I come around on these figures, but it's just not happening.

I genuinely like the classics figures, I think they're fun and mine are still on display. But the reuse (again) has never been less effective than it is here. More than anything else, the paint kills it. When Neca did this years ago they looked fantastic (I'm still bummed I missed out on those) but these don't look good at all. The shading on the faces look like scars, and Raph in particular apparently had his whole nose cut off and reattached at some point. And those big gray blobs on the chests really stand out in a bad way.

I really, really hate being a downer on toys, but these just don't work.
Jead
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Other Playmates TMNT lines

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:43 am

I'd actually love this kind of reuse if it were on the Super 7 figures. Give those alt heads with red masks and comic-style belts and I'd eat them up. These however? No thanks. I'd love for a cheaper collector's line that you can actually find in stores, but give us modern style molds.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”