Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7 TMNT Ultimates

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:31 am

citysushi wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 am
In the Archie TMNT comics, Man Ray (Ray Fillet), Mondo Gecko, and Leatherhead were major players as members of the Mighty Mutanimals.

I'm guessing that's were some of this attachment is coming from?
Makes sense. There have been a lot of mentions of the Mutanimals so they must have been pretty poplar. Again, I am admittedly not a huge TMNT fan, but I do like the franchise so I'm just surprised I had no idea how popular he is.
VeeBee wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:01 am
I find the original (and this one) to be pretty perfect in terms of the character and toy designs. He has a lot of detail and personality the vintage line is known for, but not all of that over the top Playmates/Varner asymmetry and over design some of the figures got.
It's definitely a fun looking toy design. If I were maybe 2 years younger I probably would have wanted him as a kid.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:37 am

Between the price hike and me not being a die hard turtles fan, I think I might get Krang and that's it. Same with Tcats, I should add. So I do hope S7s strategies is working out for them. But I suspect I am not the only one who will skip a larger number of figures moving forward. 55$ (69€ for me, I think?) is just a bit much for a 7" piece of plastic, as cool as it may look ;)
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:10 am

citysushi wrote:Leo needs a mouth sword. Dual wielding is so outdated, all about triple wielding now.
Lol.

But that got me thinking- just where is the next logic place to wield a third blade?!
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:24 pm

citysushi wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 am
In the Archie TMNT comics, Man Ray (Ray Fillet), Mondo Gecko, and Leatherhead were major players as members of the Mighty Mutanimals.

I'm guessing that's were some of this attachment is coming from?
I have next to none in childhood attachment to most of the original TMNT line beyond the first couple series (which I still have). As the line went on I felt it was just getting silly what with all the mutated animals and all. It was only after the first movie I understood the reasoning. And really who needs that nonsense when you have a transforming truck, flying cars, a guy who dresses as a bat, muscle men with furry undies and green and purple cats, right? :wink:

But a well sculpted and painted figure is exactly that. I'm definitely picky choosey on this line and have no desire to be a completist. But I am buying some. I just hope the final products aren't as shiny as the past. They seemed to be getting away from that. But then Conan.
ChrisLyne
Customized

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Looks like UK retailers are absorbing the price increase rather than passing it on as you can pre-order wave 5 for £50 each. Still more than the dollar cost but no increase from previous waves.

On the Mutanimals, the Archie Adventures comic was never really that big in the UK so I don’t have the same nostalgia attachment to them that a lot of US fans have (would love a Ninjara though, probably because she was more prominent in the issues I did get back then).

I can’t remember if Brian said the first original figure was in wave 6 or not in the first 6 waves, but we’re definitely getting close (well, in Super 7 terms). Excited to see who they pick and how well they fit with the rest of the line.
Alienweirdo
Super Poseable

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm

ChrisLyne wrote:
Looks like UK retailers are absorbing the price increase rather than passing it on as you can pre-order wave 5 for £50 each. Still more than the dollar cost but no increase from previous waves.

On the Mutanimals, the Archie Adventures comic was never really that big in the UK so I don’t have the same nostalgia attachment to them that a lot of US fans have (would love a Ninjara though, probably because she was more prominent in the issues I did get back then).

I can’t remember if Brian said the first original figure was in wave 6 or not in the first 6 waves, but we’re definitely getting close (well, in Super 7 terms). Excited to see who they pick and how well they fit with the rest of the line.
Which UK stockist has them at that price? I'm looking at Kapow and they have them at £55 each
ChrisLyne
Customized

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 pm

Alienweirdo wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm
ChrisLyne wrote:

Which UK stockist has them at that price? I'm looking at Kapow and they have them at £55 each
Toysarama has them at £49.99 each or £189.99 for set of 4
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:42 pm

I've held out and tried not to pay much attention to this line as long as I could. Just didn't want to start a new collection when it was first announced and after the first series became so hard/expensive to find, I was content to pass. With BBTS making all of the waves available to order at one time, and their releases being relatively spread out, I can't hold out any longer, I'm in on this line.

The original Playmates line was so great to have as a kid. Not only were the characters crazy but the amount of vehicles, playsets and accessories was nuts. Between my brother and I, the only figures we didn't have from the '88 thru '91 releases (not counting all of the variants, disguises, etc) were Space Usagi, Wyrm, Dirtbag and Pizza Face.

I probably could have resisted this line if they just stuck with the Turtles (I have some other NECA and Plamates figures that fill that need), but seeing Metalhead, Casey Jones, Muckman, Baxter Stockman and Leatherhead.... I'm a sucker.

Think there is any chance Super7 goes crazy and offers something like Needle Nose and Killer Bee?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 pm

sepster wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:42 pm

Think there is any chance Super7 goes crazy and offers something like Needle Nose and Killer Bee?
Considering they just did a $450 Thunder Tank, I'd say pretty much anything is in play.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 am

Detrimental_Fig wrote:I mean they make pretty great toys
I respectfully, but strongly, disagree.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:02 am

Super7 needs to give me Walkabout, Usagi, Wingnut & Screw loose, Zak, & Wyrm & I could walk away happy.

Oh and a deluxe Krang's Android body to fight the NECA release. Not the lame carded version. The big box set version.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Alienweirdo
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 am

ChrisLyne wrote:
Nice, thanks!
ChrisLyne
Customized

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Alienweirdo wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 am
ChrisLyne wrote:
Nice, thanks!
You're welcome :D
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 pm

While we're talking UK any idea if Zavvi (I think they're UK based) is ever going to fill my Ren & Stimpy Deluxe order?
Alienweirdo
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm

DennyCrane wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 pm
While we're talking UK any idea if Zavvi (I think they're UK based) is ever going to fill my Ren & Stimpy Deluxe order?
How long is a piece of string?

Seriously though, Zavvi are a weird one. They're on the ball when it comes to Steelbooks etc but Action figures have always yielded different results for me. I honestly have no idea if they are primarily UK based, but I can assume they have UK warehouses.

Super7 Ultimates Shredder arrived straight from the U.S. to my doorstep within a week when I ordered it from them. But then, only after ordering it from them, they reduced the price and wouldn't let me cancel the order despite it not being dispatched yet. It also came sans mailer box.

Years ago I ordered SW BS 6" Kylo Ren from them, and they sent me the 3 3/4 figure..

Best bet is to message them, they usually get back within a day or so in my experience.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”