Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:50 pm

Just reviving the Super7 thread after the blip.

Anyone grabbing the glow-in-the-dark Baxter? Not my tastes but excited for the folks that enjoy those figures.

Also, just a little disappointed with the Turtle Power episode yesterday. I was hoping that Flynn would show off production samples of wave 2 or final product of wave 1... and nothing. Still A LOT of fun to watch just nothing really in the way of reveals.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Super7 TMNT Ultimates

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:54 pm

I grabbed him just as a way to support Super7's TMNT line. Glow in the Dark isn't really my thing but, as this line is the most accessible TMNT line and I love the toy designs, I absolutely want it to succeed.
Astrophro
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:05 am

Rogers1938, transferring over from the other thread (ha, I think we created them right about the same time). These are all several months old. That first shot came from Toyark.com, I think from Fall Toy Fair last year, and then the last two I got from Super 7's Instagram. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:21 am

I bought a Baxter just in hopes that I get him before I get wave 1 (since I'm buying it from BBTS, no telling how long it'll be before those are in my hands). I like the glow in the dark gimmick anyway, it looks like a fun toy. But I was also really shocked there was practically nothing for a reveal. I guess that's fine, I'm already spending enough money as it is.
ANewHopelessReviewer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:53 am

I have Bebop and Shredder on pre-order, and plan to do the same for Rocksteady and April. Hopefully it's easy enough to track down a Splinter after he's released. The ease in preordering these guys really takes the stress out of the hobby, unlike some other experiences I've been having recently trying to order figures.
bigsexy_j
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:55 am

I really like some of the S7 offerings but can’t commit. Can anyone explain to me (I’m in Canada) why it cost $35 to ship 1 Baxter to me from S7 but only $19 for the tmnt and predator SDCC from NECA? Not like NECA has that many more products to ship out and would get such a better deal. I know shipping costs have gone up but at almost the cost of the figure there’s just no way.

For Canadians at least Baxter is cheaper from bbts even with them charging $15 more for the figure but their shipping is just over $10.
Unclassified
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:39 pm

bigsexy_j wrote:I really like some of the S7 offerings but can’t commit. Can anyone explain to me (I’m in Canada) why it cost $35 to ship 1 Baxter to me from S7 but only $19 for the tmnt and predator SDCC from NECA? Not like NECA has that many more products to ship out and would get such a better deal. I know shipping costs have gone up but at almost the cost of the figure there’s just no way.

For Canadians at least Baxter is cheaper from bbts even with them charging $15 more for the figure but their shipping is just over $10.
Their shipping has always been funky. Sometime it's astronomical sometimes it makes sense. I was charge 14 and change for one baxter. Usps. 15 and low change for fed ex. Makes no sense lol. So I added a baxter and a top hat king diamond to make me feel batter about the shipping. But was cheaper than to get 2 from bits as they tacked on that 15 shipping cost to their sale price already.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Astrophro
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Some good shots of Baxter here:

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

ANewHopelessReviewer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:31 pm

Hm, it looks okay, but still not completely sold until I see the regular version. Cautiously optimistic though.
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:07 am

This is one of those lines that I am really excited for and also slightly pessimistic on LOL

I think I just want it to work and be the best it can be. But I am glad that insta poster enjoyed the figure - sounds a lot better than the guy who reviewed Raphael. I just hope that wave 2 is not that far behind wave 1. Leo is my favorite (next to Donny) and he just looks like a fun toy.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:06 am

Guy who reviewed Raph seemed to be a real goof.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:23 am

Why is that? I watched the whole thing and, honestly, I have come across much much worse tyo reviews. And none of the stuff he said is news, exactly, when it comes to S7 figures. But I guess weill see soon enough, since these will ship out within the next week or two.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Same dude has a review up of Splinter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH4bf5h0Khk

Now ok, I have to agree... the guy does kinda annoy me. Nothing personal, just his style of reviewing.
But the video does speak for itself... these don't really look like 45 dollar figures.

The loose joints, the soft plastic weapons (look how warped Raph's sai look), the fact that Splinters rubber robe doesn't close properly...

People commend Super 7 for having these up for pre-order but honestly... I'm glad I didn't. Just not my cup o' tea.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:39 pm

I find the guy amusing. He doesn't hold back on his true thoughts, that's for sure. I do think he's not coming at these toys as a fan of the Playmates stuff. In particular, his comments on Splinter's paint job. It seems like Super7 is trying to find that fine line between paying homage to the old toys while also trying to improve upon them. Splinter looks almost the same, from a paint application approach, and maybe that's intentional. I think we're going to see a lot of varying opinions on this line because of how much people want them to mimic the toys of 88. I personally never liked the Playmates Splinter. I was just a kid who wanted his toy to look like the cartoon and Splinter looked way off so I just don't have much affection for this sculpt.

He does raise plenty of valid points the rest of the way though and that articulation isn't great, and the warped accessories do give the figure a cheap look. The made-to-order model Super7 opts for does add cost to the figures so while it's a 45 dollar figure (plus taxes and shipping, since there's no retail option) the quality is always going to be a bit less than that just because of the business model. Value is subjective though. I'm not collecting this line as it's not for me, but I do hope for those who have pre-ordered and have really been looking forward to it have their expectations met. It definitely sucks though that fans basically have to be all-in on the first three waves before knowing what to expect.
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Freditor wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:01 pm
Same dude has a review up of Splinter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH4bf5h0Khk

Now ok, I have to agree... the guy does kinda annoy me. Nothing personal, just his style of reviewing.
But the video does speak for itself... these don't really look like 45 dollar figures.

The loose joints, the soft plastic weapons (look how warped Raph's sai look), the fact that Splinters rubber robe doesn't close properly...

People commend Super 7 for having these up for pre-order but honestly... I'm glad I didn't. Just not my cup o' tea.
Why is he so out of breath during the review?

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”