Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Toydome
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7 TMNT Ultimates

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:58 am

I did my preorder through dorkside for wave 2 and it seems like everyone else got there’s already. Is there anyone who didn’t get their wave 2 yet other than us dorkside folks?
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:45 am

I ordered an extra Leo via DS and that shipped months ago.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Raph appears to be back up for pre-order at BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/152397

I don't know if it will actually work, or if it means more pre-orders were opened up by Super7 itself.

EDIT: Looks like all of wave one is open again: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/152406
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 pm

Looks like Baxter and the foot soldiers are the only ones left
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:25 am

The pre-order window for the Thundertank closes Friday. Will Wave 5 of TMNT be shown next? And how soon? I'm looking forward to it. :D
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 pm

Maybe we'll get another wave of cats instead.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:29 am

They should just shut down all their other lines & concentrate on TMNT.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:33 am

TENIME_art wrote:They should just shut down all their other lines & concentrate on TMNT.
Totally. Everyone knows they sell the best and Super 7 actually loses money on everything else they sell. Especially Thundercats. I heard Flynn was taking out a second mortgage just to keep that passion project of a line afloat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:37 am

You heard that, too? I think Misfit told me.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:40 am

Totally. I don’t know why they’re bothering with Transmorphers and Power Cops.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:12 am

:lol:
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:34 pm

I think they pushed the Wave 5 pre-orders back a month due to the Thundertank. I've heard Brian mention in a couple of interviews that he knows that while some people may only be collecting the TMNT or Thundercats Ultimates that there are other fans out there that are collecting several of the franchises that are featured in both the Ultimates and Re-Action lines and is trying not to over load customers.
Alienweirdo
Super Poseable

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:37 pm

Hi all, loving these Super7 TMNT figures. Baxter and Bebop have become two of my absolute favourite figures ever. I bought Leo as well, him being my favourite turtle. Love him to bits as well, but the looseness of the figure in certain areas is incredibly disappointing, and I'll probably hold off on the other turtles because of it.

In the meantime, has anyone figured out a way to tighten the loose joints on the Turtles? Specifically, the swivel parts of the knee and thigh? I saw a video on youtube (from He-Bro I think..) where he is able to successfully boil and pop apart a Thundercats Super7 figure and work on it from there, but since these are different figures I wasn't sure if they were the same types of plastic and would have the same amount of malleability.

I'm apprehensive to take apart such an expensive figure, for fear of ripping the pegs or warping the legs to the point of no return (which I have done in the past with a heat gun, never again lol) but the looseness of these joints are making my Leo hard to pose and fully appreciate.

Cheers!
Neanderthal
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:31 am

christianpyro wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:25 am
The pre-order window for the Thundertank closes Friday. Will Wave 5 of TMNT be shown next? And how soon? I'm looking forward to it. :D
Me too, I want to see a Leatherhead, a Pizzaface or a Scumbug figure. There are so many good other options too. I love this line.
KarlSpace
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:17 am

Alienweirdo wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:37 pm
Hi all, loving these Super7 TMNT figures. Baxter and Bebop have become two of my absolute favourite figures ever. I bought Leo as well, him being my favourite turtle. Love him to bits as well, but the looseness of the figure in certain areas is incredibly disappointing, and I'll probably hold off on the other turtles because of it.

In the meantime, has anyone figured out a way to tighten the loose joints on the Turtles? Specifically, the swivel parts of the knee and thigh? I saw a video on youtube (from He-Bro I think..) where he is able to successfully boil and pop apart a Thundercats Super7 figure and work on it from there, but since these are different figures I wasn't sure if they were the same types of plastic and would have the same amount of malleability.

I'm apprehensive to take apart such an expensive figure, for fear of ripping the pegs or warping the legs to the point of no return (which I have done in the past with a heat gun, never again lol) but the looseness of these joints are making my Leo hard to pose and fully appreciate.

Cheers!
I wouldn't recommend pulling apart the thigh swivel. I did the same thing when I got my leo to try to fix the hardness, and due to hardness of the plastic, I ended up breaking off the thigh peg trying to get it back into the socket. And, the amount of trying to force that leg back in was enough to doom the hip joints as well as they got ground around.

The knees and ankles come off pretty easily, and you can put some super glue in the socket to give it more resistance, but the thighs are a tough one. Using a really runny super-glue with a pipette attachment might be your best bet if you can get the pipette in between the parts?

My issue is the looseness of the legs where they meet the torso. Contemplating popping out the crotch piece, cutting it open to get some superglue resistance in there, then gluing it all back up.

Here's a picture of the crotch piece and the broken peg if it helps at all:

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”