Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:23 pm

Freditor wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:55 am

Would be cool if we could get this one at some point. So much nostalgia with this one.

Man, I loved that Turtlecycle. It was the next best option to me, if the Party Wagon wasn't available.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:47 am

Freditor wrote: Would be cool if we could get this one at some point. So much nostalgia with this one.
I could definitely see myself buying that. As well as a Cheapskate. To me, probably as much as the van, those are the iconic Turtle toy vehicles.

My big problem is how I would use them. I like having the four turtles posed together as a group with their weapons out. Not even sure how I'd use vehicles in the display. 'Cause then it'll have me wanting like.. colored belt variants or something so I have alternate versions of the Turtles for vehicles.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:09 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:47 am
Freditor wrote: Would be cool if we could get this one at some point. So much nostalgia with this one.
I could definitely see myself buying that. As well as a Cheapskate. To me, probably as much as the van, those are the iconic Turtle toy vehicles.

My big problem is how I would use them. I like having the four turtles posed together as a group with their weapons out. Not even sure how I'd use vehicles in the display. 'Cause then it'll have me wanting like.. colored belt variants or something so I have alternate versions of the Turtles for vehicles.
Yeah, I'm the same way. I want to put my figures on a shelve in some cool action poses, not in or on some vehicles. With the NECA Turtle van that won't really be an issue since I will have the wave 1 and TiD Turtles.
I only have 1 set of Super7 Turtles but actually wouldn't mind getting a second set (would be a good excuse to also have them displayed with their vintage heads). But I can't justify double dipping with those prices (these cost a lot more where I live).
KnightDamien

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:18 pm

Freditor wrote: I only have 1 set of Super7 Turtles but actually wouldn't mind getting a second set (would be a good excuse to also have them displayed with their vintage heads). But I can't justify double dipping with those prices (these cost a lot more where I live).
Yeah, I absolutely will not spend the money on another set of the same turtles. They'd have to be significantly different enough to justify buying them, but not SO different that I want to display them as a team like my regular turtles. Like, I won't put Rocker turtles on vehicles because I do want to display them together with their accessories.

That's why, for me, the best chance to get me to double-dip on turtles is to do colored belts/weapons on the regular turtles. That's different enough that I'd want to buy them, but they're still just the regular turtles, so I can split them up and put them on vehicles and such.

I get what you mean about cost, completely. I can't get them locally, but if I can find them somewhere that offers free shipping and charges regular price, they're about 70-80 dollars each, plus tax. And I don't know of anywhere you can get free shipping without buying 2 or 3 figures. Otherwise it's closer to 85-90 per figure. It's no joke.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:23 pm

So if this is what I think it is, a tease for an Ultimates Genghis Frog, then that would be a surprise considering we're still waiting on Wave 5:

starguarded
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:37 pm

Gonna be interesting if things have gotten so backed up they're slightly jumping ahead of their three waves ahead rule.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:36 pm

So that would make 4 announced but unlreleased waves for TMNT, 3 for G.I. Joe, 3 for Simpsons, 3 for Silverhawks... and just 1 for Thundercats?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:43 pm

I still have my bike.

No handlebars, lights, or sidecar, lol.

BUT I STILL HAVE THE BIKE.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:50 pm

Freditor wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:36 pm
So that would make 4 announced but unlreleased waves for TMNT, 3 for G.I. Joe, 3 for Simpsons, 3 for Silverhawks... and just 1 for Thundercats?
As well as 3 for Power Rangers and 3 for Transformers. Thundercats got caught up really fast after having some of their stuff delayed a real long time. We're also not counting the newly solicited glow-in-the-dark turtles and the lone Foot Soldier (or the vehicles they have outstanding from Thundercats (2) and TMNT). I suppose it's possible the picture posted today is for a ReAction Genghis. It doesn't look like it, but it's possible a ReAction accessory that's basically photographed by itself could look like it's for an Ultimates release. We'll know for sure tomorrow, but it is odd they would go to a fourth preorder for TMNT especially after the glow ones closed less than 2 weeks ago (and were obnoxiously expensive). I never preorder direct anymore from Super7 since you're not even guaranteed to get the product before EE, BBTS, etc so it doesn't really matter to me, but I did view it as a nice gesture and just general consumer awareness on their part to not have more than 3 waves outstanding per line. If they didn't just close that glow set, then this wouldn't feel that bad, but given that I feel like they're asking too much of their base.
KnightDamien

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:36 am

S7 are definitely the kings of unfulfilled pre-orders and it does feel like it gets a bit of out hand if you add up everything, compared to the size of the company. But that being said, what are the chances we're -actually- going to see a pre-order go up before Wave 5 is out? They already had flown-in samples at SDCC, right? And what are the chances we see an entire line-up and pre-order announcement tomorrow -- or even this week?

I could absolutely be mistaken, but I could have sworn wave 5 was teased for a good while before pre-orders went live. It's possible this image was released specifically because they're starting up their lead-in to two weeks of hints and reveals, or whatever, until wave 5 officially starts shipping.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:41 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:36 am
S7 are definitely the kings of unfulfilled pre-orders and it does feel like it gets a bit of out hand if you add up everything, compared to the size of the company. But that being said, what are the chances we're -actually- going to see a pre-order go up before Wave 5 is out? They already had flown-in samples at SDCC, right? And what are the chances we see an entire line-up and pre-order announcement tomorrow -- or even this week?

I could absolutely be mistaken, but I could have sworn wave 5 was teased for a good while before pre-orders went live. It's possible this image was released specifically because they're starting up their lead-in to two weeks of hints and reveals, or whatever, until wave 5 officially starts shipping.
I would be shocked if they just announce one character tomorrow I think it’s all or none
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:35 am

If anything, they expected Wave 5 to be out and about by now. It's done. Shipping may just be running long. But when you've got a schedule, you've got a schedule.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:30 am

Burkion wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:35 am
If anything, they expected Wave 5 to be out and about by now. It's done. Shipping may just be running long. But when you've got a schedule, you've got a schedule.
They don't seem to have a very good schedule going currently.

Also did anyone get any of the glow turtles? Seems like they soured most people with those. I did see they extended the cut off date, so I wonder if they were fishing for any last minute bites to make it worth it.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:10 pm

It’s possible they just want to show new product tomorrow without a preorder, but most if their stuff is just “Here it is, preorders are now open!” I think we’re just seeing their factory schedule, or even a schedule with the onshore resources, coming into conflict with their sales preference of only having 3 waves outstanding per line. It’s probably either put up the next wave now, or have a bunch of people twiddling their thumbs or lose out on a factory slot that could go to another company. If we are indeed seeing Wave 8 today, it would be nice if it coincided with a fresh update on 5 and 6.
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:47 pm

Ya'll think that's Genghis Frog? WRONG! It's Kublai Toad, the inspiration for Genghis that only ever appeared in a set of Valentine's Day cards sold in Mexico. He's a deluxe and costs $85.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”