Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:45 pm

I like the weapon racks when they're interesting or memorable colors, like Slash, Ray Fillet, Surfer Mike, Casey, and Scratch.

If they're grey or brown or another boring color, though -- and sadly, most of them are -- I keep them in the box.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:09 pm

I've currently got 16 of these

And then I've also got Krang, Leatherhead, and Slash pre-ordered. And the Surfer Mikey, just for the heads. If they make Rat King, General Traag, a Toon Shredder, or an Android Krang, I'll get those as well. The display I have in mind requires 21 figures, 3 shelves with 7 characters on each shelf. So if they don't make Rat King or General Traag, I'll get two other villains to take their spots. So a lot of my money going to Super7.

These figures do bring me a lot of joy. Ninja Turtles were probably my biggest collection as a kid, well Turtles and WWF Hasbro Figures. But these take me to that sweet nostalgic spot more than any other figure line I've collected as an adult. Even with their flaws, they make me really happy to look at them.

That said, I do think Super7 is needlessly stubborn, and sometimes outright ignorant on how to improve their figures. And they are definitely overpriced.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:04 pm

I just watched the weekend stream with Kyle from Super7. I'd agree Donnie is a bit hard to action pose, but here's what I've got on my shelf currently, which I'm pretty happy with.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:23 pm

That's, more or less, the same pose I have him in. I'm bored of the old two-handed bo grip with him so most of my Donatello's are in some variation of this pose.
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:30 pm

I keep the brothers on my desk and repose them a lot. It took me a while to get used to their articulation because it's different from everything else I own, but I'm pretty happy with the poses they can hit.

Kinda funny a lot of us put Donatello in a similar "pose hand forward, staff hand back" pose.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 am

Finally got around to painting their belt buckles to make them match

MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:53 am

I think they look so much better with the black buckles.

I’m thinking about double dipping for a reissue Leo for that reason. I wish I could just trade in my first release.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:05 pm

I wouldn't have minded the silver if they were consistent on all four. I just didn't like that they were different from each other.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:25 pm

I loved the gun metal gray they used for the first edition of Raph, I don't know if they kept that for the reissues or not. I wish they had just stuck with that for all of them. It added a touch of a "premium" quality to the figures because it was a painted embellishment that didn't necessarily need to be there.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:12 pm

Are the rest of the 2nd versions black-belted? I was very happy to see Leo was, so that's the one I gave the vintage head & sprue weapons, and would like to do the same with the rest.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 pm

I actually just got the Version 2 Raph from EE since they dropped it to a decent price. And I wanted those fists. It does still have the gunmetal on it. I'm thinking about grabbing a V2 Leonardo at some point for that belt difference. They seem to have messed with the joints on Raph though, he poses much smoother and less wobbly. He's akin to how Donatello is.

Did Mikey ever have a V2 or just a "less painted bad"? I think there was some talk going on about the matte or glossy look... Too many variants for expensive toys, ai.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:55 pm

Yeah, my V2 Ralph did have the metal colored buckle before I painted it black. The belt is also more weathered looking than the other three. I don't know if that's a standard thing with all Raphael figures or just mine.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:01 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 pm

Did Mikey ever have a V2 or just a "less painted bad"? I think there was some talk going on about the matte or glossy look... Too many variants for expensive toys, ai.
I was wondering that too. I haven't seen any comments on the Mikey reissue that was part of that all turtle wave. I don't think the Wave 3 version ever really sold out at online retailers so it might be hard to know what version of Mikey one has unless it was ordered direct from Super7 as part of that all turtle wave.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:05 pm

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:06 pm

Just received the "Processing Soon" email from BBTS for Krang and Leatherhead.

EDIT: CORRECTION!!! Krang, Leatherhead, and Ray Fillet have been moved to September.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”