Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Astrophro
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Unrelated - does anyone know who/what is this little guy?Image

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

dramsatx
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:28 pm

Baby Splinter??

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Shouldn't the baby Turtles match their teenage skin colors?
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:08 pm

dramsatx wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:28 pm
Baby Splinter??

That’s what I thought but he looks kinda mean for splinter :lol:
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:48 pm

It came in some of the later ooze canisters.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:07 am

Just got my wave 3 in from dorkside today, and man alive I must have the worst luck in the world with these things. Once again, I got wrong hands packed in with a figure. Mikey only came with a single vertical hinge grip hand, which marks my fourth TMNT with a hand mix-up error. Either I'm a lightning rod for simple misfortune, or this is more wide spread but people aren't checking their stuff that thoroughly. I just find it highly improbable that I get so many of this specific issue without it widely occurring.
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Must admit I know my Raph was ok as I swapped the hands out due to the pose I wanted but I don’t recall checking Leo. Mickey is due soon (just had the payment request) so I’ll try and remember to double check.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:45 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:04 pm
Shouldn't the baby Turtles match their teenage skin colors?
Now that you mention it... yeah. I hadn't thought about it before, but kind of bummed they're all the same color like the cartoon instead of the toy colors.

VeeBee wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:48 pm

It came in some of the later ooze canisters.
Wow, I have zero recollection of these.

jimbles wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:07 am
Just got my wave 3 in from dorkside today, and man alive I must have the worst luck in the world with these things. Once again, I got wrong hands packed in with a figure. Mikey only came with a single vertical hinge grip hand, which marks my fourth TMNT with a hand mix-up error. Either I'm a lightning rod for simple misfortune, or this is more wide spread but people aren't checking their stuff that thoroughly. I just find it highly improbable that I get so many of this specific issue without it widely occurring.
That sucks. Though I've heard Super7 (and BBTS, though I'd imagine Dorkside too) has been good about sending out replacements. I haven't gotten my Wave 1 or 2 figures yet other than a Shredder, but I got wave 3. I haven't had a chance to open them yet, hopefully I can get enough time this weekend to check them out and see if anything's missing. But for the four Turtles at least, I just want them holding their weapons. So as long as those hands are there, I won't be too stressed.
dramsatx

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Dorkside will NOT replace or accept a return on anything that has been opened. My Rocksteady came without the knife and I opened it without noticing. They basically said I was S.O.L and offered $8. I was forced to go to Super7's customer service.

Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:54 pm

Really? Glad I placed my orders with BBTS then. But at least Super7 customer service sounds like they've been helpful.
dramsatx

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:57 pm

Yeah BBTS will definitely take care of you when it comes to missing/incorrect accessories, regardless if it's been opened.

jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 pm

Hopefully it works out, I guess. I emailed Dorkside over it and will see what they say come monday. Worst case, I go to Super7.
dramsatx wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm
Dorkside will NOT replace or accept a return on anything that has been opened. My Rocksteady came without the knife and I opened it without noticing. They basically said I was S.O.L and offered $8. I was forced to go to Super7's customer service.

I spotted the hand issue without even opening the box. Well... the inner box, at least. The seals are still in place, uncut. Obviously to see the issue I had to open the mailer, remove the outer bag, and slide off the top slip cover. Not sure how DS would classify all of that, if removing the outer bag counts as "opened" or not.
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:10 am

Scrolled back through the thread a bit but didn't see: was it an intentional decision by Super7 to make April's red haired head substantially larger than her two brunette heads? It is in an entirely different scale.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:34 am

BAT wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:10 am
Scrolled back through the thread a bit but didn't see: was it an intentional decision by Super7 to make April's red haired head substantially larger than her two brunette heads? It is in an entirely different scale.
Yyyyeah, it gives her the over all proportions of a 4'11 woman. It's a very flawed figure throughout, from the head down. I imagine that the justification is that the other humanoid of the line, Shredder, has an enormous noggin, and as such they're kinda... unifying it with April? I guess?

And while we're on the subject of April: this is, hands down, the damned greasiest figure I have personally ever come into contact with. It's like it was dipped in mold release agent. The ankle joints are positively shimmering with greasy shit, and when I try and wipe it up it just returns. As soon as I put April away I had to wash my hands, and I am anything but a neat freak. Stuff's probably wildly cancerous...
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:50 am

jimbles wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:34 am
And while we're on the subject of April: this is, hands down, the damned greasiest figure I have personally ever come into contact with. It's like it was dipped in mold release agent. The ankle joints are positively shimmering with greasy shit, and when I try and wipe it up it just returns. As soon as I put April away I had to wash my hands, and I am anything but a neat freak. Stuff's probably wildly cancerous...
I finally opened my figures up today, April was fine but that stuff was all over Metalhead. Ended up wiping him down with some Clorox wipes, that seemed to work. I assumed it was something because of the metallic paint they used on him, but you're saying it was on your April too, so I don't know wtf that was.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics