Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:43 am

I'm assuming the skintone on SSMikey (beach clothes, not black uniform) don't match given how the pictures look on BBTS. I like the Surfer expressions more than the jackolantern teeth look from the standard figure though. So my purchasing it hinges largely on whether the heads can be swapped over.

And if I end up getting him I feel like I may be obligated to get Ray Filet in keeping with the beach theme.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 am

I don't know, the skin tones look pretty similar to me.
nilocomic
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:46 am

Handsome wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 am

I don't know, the skin tones look pretty similar to me.
Yeah, but those are just painted prototypes. The actual product from the factory could still be off for any number of reasons, even if they intend to match them up.
hisdudeness9829

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:53 am

I saw that Bebop is up for preorder on BBTS. Is there a re-release coming or is it a mistake? Just trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and order him for $70 on eBay or wait til Feb for the BBTS one.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:13 am

Honestly, $70 isn't bad to avoid waiting several months...
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:52 am

Really hoping the sewer surfin mikey heads match the standard figure in color.
I’m all about the nostalgia high with these figures and matching the originals as much as possible but that smiling head sculpt is definitely my favorite of all the Mikey heads.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:59 am

I was wondering when S7 was gonna get to Slash since while I love the sculpting of TiT Slash, my copy having glops of dried glue on one side of his face and the pixel paint scheme don't make him ideal for me.

This one being chunky and dense while modernizing the savage look of the vintage toy makes him exactly what I'd want, so he's preordered. Also preordered a Mouser set for good measure.
Merso
HULK SMASH!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:56 am

weizie wrote:
citysushi wrote: Scratch looks like an awesome character. Did he ever appear in the cartoon or comics? I mean, I guess Hobb in the IDW comics is based on him, but I don't remember ever seeing Scratch in the show or toy line back in the day.
Was in a gameboy tmnt game

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
In the Archie comics there was character called Hallocat which is considered to be the proto Scratch.

Scratch also appears in my unofficial fan game, does that count even a little? LOL

https://youtu.be/3YhvfN2XVno

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:42 am

I know of Scratch solely because of the rareness of the figure. I was long out it TMNT by the time he was originally released but I think Super7 has done an amazing job with him so I’m going to get him.

I also got Ace Duck, Slash and a couple of Mousers. It’s a bit steep to army build too much but I think this will be more than enough.

Sewer Surfin’ Mikey looks really good but I was never a fan of the variants so these are a pass for me. He would be great to get to have the different heads for regular Michelangelo but I’m not willing to pay that much for accessories, the Mousers are bad enough for that
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:05 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:43 am
I'm assuming the skintone on SSMikey (beach clothes, not black uniform) don't match given how the pictures look on BBTS. I like the Surfer expressions more than the jackolantern teeth look from the standard figure though. So my purchasing it hinges largely on whether the heads can be swapped over.

And if I end up getting him I feel like I may be obligated to get Ray Filet in keeping with the beach theme.
Playmates kept the same skintone for each turtle throughout the line, for the most part, so I'm sure Super7 intends for them to match. The BBTS images are all likely rendered images with artificial lighting so I wouldn't place much stock in them. They'll likely be close, but slight variations can occur so I doubt we'll know for sure until we have product in hand.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:26 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:31 pm
BUT, I can't look at that Slash and not get excited. I just hope it turns out as nice as it looks now. Damn near perfect. Did I also pre-order the Mousers and Ace Duck? Of course I did. Because I'm a fool.
You poor, simple fool!

Toy Hound
HULK SMASH!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:52 pm

Not complaining, just a small part of me wish that Rat King was in this wave. Don’t get me wrong, I think this is a solid wave and I ordered all 5. I hope they keep doing 5 figures per wave from now on, to make up for a turtle variant.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Toy Hound wrote:
Not complaining, just a small part of me wish that Rat King was in this wave. Don’t get me wrong, I think this is a solid wave and I ordered all 5. I hope they keep doing 5 figures per wave from now on, to make up for a turtle variant.
They gotta save heavy hitters to anchor future waves.

They know folks want Rat King and Triceraton, that's why they'll be in separate waves.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:08 pm

After having checked off all of the 1988 releases they were down to Ace, Genghis, Rat King and General Traag of the 1989 releases. I'm pretty sure we are going to keep getting just one figure from 1989 per wave until those run out. There are also 7 left from the 1990 releases. They might double up 2 releases from 1990 for one release of 1989 but they would be wise to keep some of those 1990 releases held back and mix in later years to stretch things out.

Once 1990 hits a lot of people will be done. Heck 1989 might be the cutoff for a lot of people. Stretching things out opens up the possibility of those buyers picking up an extra character from a later wave that they didn't originally plan on.
Garlador

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:22 pm

citysushi wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:59 pm
Toy Hound wrote:
They gotta save heavy hitters to anchor future waves.

They know folks want Rat King and Triceraton, that's why they'll be in separate waves.
Yep. Given their popularity, we KNOW some characters are practically a "lock".

But, honestly, getting surprise updates of characters like Scratch might make me even MORE excited, because that means they're open to doing the same to many other characters from the vintage line that never really got their due. I'm now imagining an Ultimates take on Hothead, Groundchuck, Merdude, Scale Tail, Sandstorm, etc.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”