Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:52 pm

This wave is a pass for me. The only figure I had in this wave as a kid was Sewer Surfin’ Mikey and I always resented that toy as a kid because I could never find a basic Michelangelo in stores after my sister trashed my first one. And I can honestly say that I haven’t been able to look back on those days with any hint of nostalgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:14 pm

Awesome wave I’m in for Slash as he was my all time favorite, Mikey looks good so I’ll get him and scratch wow I knew they would have to get to him but so early is great so at least those three are in my collection but I think I can pass on the mouser and ace duck
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:36 pm

I'm a bit jealous that Ace Duck comes with a cigar because that was never going to happen with any Marvel or DC figures at retail. This wave looks great. I just hope Super7 can catch up on the production side a bit in 2022 and we're not waiting two years for this release.
starguarded
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:47 pm

Welp, all-in on this wave, again. Everything looks incredible, there's no one in this wave I feel mixed or undecided about.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:24 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:44 pm
I'm actually let down by how Slash looks. Not sure WHAT I was wanting out of that, but he's pretty meh for me. Everyone else looks fantastic though, especially Scratch. That's a great looking toy right there. And now I can have a Sewer Surfin' Mikey with arms again...
I think I know what you're getting at. Some of these figures stay so close to the vintage figure that they come across as rather underwhelming and Slash fits the bill. His posture doesn't really lend him well to this sort of figure because he's not going to move much, same with Mutagen Man back in wave 2. The torso is big and bulky and there's no room for articulation in it. That said, I like him because I like that old sculpt, but I've definitely felt that way about other releases in this line and they're figures I passed on.

theflicker wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:44 pm
Any idea what those airplane struts that come with Ace Duck are supposed to be? Just them trying to "plus up" the accessory rack?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
On the weapon rack? I think they're just an embellishment to personalize the rack as they've done that with most of the figures so far. I'm not sure if Super7 intends for people to even remove them.

This is a somewhat surprising, but solid-looking wave. Ace Duck looks pretty sweet, but I just don't need two Ace Duck figures after pre-ordering the NECA one. I also never was that into the Playmates toy, but Super7 did a good job of making him more distinct from the original. Slash, I mostly covered already, but I'll get him. Scratch and Mikey I have to think over a bit. I love those Mikey headsculpts and I'm tempted to use one on the previously released Mikey as long as the skin-tone is consistent. The issue though is if I get Mikey to go along with the Samurai Leo I already preordered then I'm going to feel like I have to get the other two. As for Scratch, I just think they did a really good job of making him interesting. With the original toy, if you remove the scarcity component then it's not very remarkable and is arguably one of the more boring releases in the line. I probably won't grab the mousers as this isn't a line I have any interest in "army building" for. I'm curious if those sais included will be the chrome-painted ones that basically all were warped to some degree with the series one Raph and they're intended as a make-up? I'm surprised they're not tossing in another communicator since Mikey didn't feature one.

So, with the first waves the turtle order was Raph, Leo, Mikey, Donnie. Now it's going Leo, Mikey...so Undercover Don next?
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:22 pm

So Scratch seems most likely to be the figure Brian was referring to when he said people would go bananas.

I wonder what happened to the original figure that was mentioned as coming in this wave? Guessing whoever it was got pushed back a wave or two.

Also wondering if this fifth figure is a one off for the Mousers/accessory set or if we'll be getting five figure waves from now on. Which would be really cool if they do!
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Wave 6 looks fantastic, hopefully they will ship next year!
I especially like the Slash figure and I really dig the second head sculpt.
sanityattack
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:33 pm

This is what I've been waiting for.
Whilst a lot of the figures have looked great, I couldn't justify spending the best part of £60 per figure and you can't only get one turtle can you?
Slash is the exception.
The original Slash was probably the figure I most remember coveting as a kid.
I still have it now and it's still in great condition because I loved it too much to play rough with it.
Getting a fresh update on possibly my favorite figure of all time is a must have for me.
starguarded

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:33 pm

TheFallen wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:52 am
I love that they worked the hot pink into his painted weapon color scheme, but this is gonna be the first figure where I take the weapons off the sprues. The unpainted hot pink weapons are too iconic for me.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:34 pm

I’m so happy about this wave.
If rat king was included it would be perfect but Ace Duck, Slash, and Sewer Surfin Mikey have it close enough for me.

Slash looks all around incredible.
I’m honestly surprised that we got Ace Duck so soon but I’m really glad we did and I love the alternate head sculpt

I’m Really happy that they included more baby turtles in the mouser set since it was weird that splinter only came with one, but why only two?
Are they saving one for another release?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:38 pm

ChrisLyne wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:22 pm
Also wondering if this fifth figure is a one off for the Mousers/accessory set or if we'll be getting five figure waves from now on. Which would be really cool if they do!
It seems like when they do five-figure waves the fifth figure is either an army builder or something with a lot of parts reuse. With this wave and Power Rangers, there's an army builder. This one also kind of qualifies as parts reuse since the mouser has been released before, and we saw with The Simpsons two figures that are basically the same (Itchy and Scratchy robots) with just minor tweaks. Though with Simpsons, I got a sense from the interviews conducted that they just really wanted to do the other three figures they ended up including and also weren't willing to do an Itchy without a Scratchy and vice versa. I'm expecting the next wave of turtles to be four, unless they do something like a battle damaged Foot Soldier, but it definitely is a good question to ask the company. It does sort of go against what Brian has discussed as far as minimizing the impact on people's wallets. Last year they were requesting 180 buckers per wave, then it went to 220, and now it's 275 with the addition of a fifth figure. Some of us should basically just start budgeting a 300 dollar payment per month to Super7 at this point.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 pm

Incredible!

That Ace Duck is everything and then some.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:52 pm

So much for my theory that they'd stick to the '88, '89 and '90 waves. Scratch didn't come out until 1993, long after I stopped buying these.

But glad to finally get Slash, even though he was expected since he's getting a ReAction figure. I like how they put both black and purple on his belt. I had the black belt as a kid, but I know they also made him with a purple belt. This is a smart way to satisfy people who prefer either belt without having to include two.

He's probably the only one I'll pick up from this wave, as I'm mainly just getting figures I owned as a kid. At this point, the only character I had a toy of that I'm missing is Rat King.

I am curious about the Mousers coming with sais. I haven't gotten my Raphael yet, but in some of the reviews I've seen his sais are often warped and curved. Are these going to be in some stronger plastic that doesn't warp as easily? I don't really want a bunch of Mousers, but I wonder if it may be worth it for some better sais..
starguarded

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:56 pm

Handsome wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:52 pm
So much for my theory that they'd stick to the '88, '89 and '90 waves. Scratch didn't come out until 1993, long after I stopped buying these.

But glad to finally get Slash, even though he was expected since he's getting a ReAction figure. I like how they put both black and purple on his belt. I had the black belt as a kid, but I know they also made him with a purple belt. This is a smart way to satisfy people who prefer either belt without having to include two.

He's probably the only one I'll pick up from this wave, as I'm mainly just getting figures I owned as a kid. At this point, the only character I had a toy of that I'm missing is Rat King.

I am curious about the Mousers coming with sais. I haven't gotten my Raphael yet, but in some of the reviews I've seen his sais are often warped and curved. Are these going to be in some stronger plastic that doesn't warp as easily? I don't really want a bunch of Mousers, but I wonder if it may be worth it for some better sais..
I suspect Scratch got special treatment because of his unique history within the line (so few of them being made that the authentic ones sell for thousands of dollars now). I don't think we'll see too many figures past '90 otherwise until we start to run out of the first three years.

I think the sais are included because the damaged mousers have three holes in their head where a sai can fit, so you can display a destroyed one without having to own another figure.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:07 pm

These all look great!

Even though I think Mikey looks awesome (just like Samurai Leo), I just don't want to get into the turtle variants.

Grabbing the other 3 though.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”