Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:46 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:29 pm
It would probably be more fair to compare April to Mattel's OTHER Evil-Lyn. From Origins. Which is also better. Hilariously.
I agree, yeah, here is also that...If I was asked which of these figures cost more, I'd answer Evil-Lyn and would be wrong lol

Still... at least use a dull coat, Super 7
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:58 pm

Full April Review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V8Uy9kdAS

Looks much better than the initial pictures. Happy to place a pre-order for her!
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:06 pm

Andru wrote:
Full April Review...

Looks much better than the initial pictures. Happy to place a pre-order for her!
Still looks like a yellow turd to me but hey... to each their own.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:15 pm

I think it's safe to say April's never had a good figure

I do think like the Super7 better than the NECA, seeing them both next to each other.

KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:21 pm

Better or worse is definitely relative. The issue (from my perspective) is that NECA's figure is out of scale and has a terrible sculpt (in the face) but everything else is good, while Super7's figure is in scale and probably has a decent sculpt in there, but everything else is bad. They're both bad figures and both companies should feel bad about them.
Not everything is a win. Bad figures happen to every line and I'm not hating on NECA or Super7. But neither company is putting out an April figure, in my opinion, that is worthy of being on a collector's shelves.

I will give NECA a few extra demerits because they've known for a long time how bad the reaction to April was, and very intentionally decided not to offer a remedy when they put another April in a multi-pack. And that's kind of a world-class dick move.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:24 pm

Sure I'd love to protest with my wallet and not give them my money.. but if you're deep into either line, April's probably the most important character outside of the Turtles, Shredder and Splinter, so I feel like you kinda have to have her on your shelf, as bad as she may look.
chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:25 pm

How does the NECA April head scale on the Super 7 figure?

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:39 pm

When I got my splinter originally he had a pretty ugly paint chip in his eye. I couldn’t stand the sight of it and just kept him boxed up until I could try to fix him.
I finally got around to it today and ended up narrowing his eyes with black up to the chip instead of trying to go over it with white.
I’m happy with the fix and I actually think he looks way better with the less enormous eyes :lol: Image
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:45 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Better or worse is definitely relative. The issue (from my perspective) is that NECA's figure is out of scale and has a terrible sculpt (in the face) but everything else is good, while Super7's figure is in scale and probably has a decent sculpt in there, but everything else is bad. They're both bad figures and both companies should feel bad about them.
Not everything is a win. Bad figures happen to every line and I'm not hating on NECA or Super7. But neither company is putting out an April figure, in my opinion, that is worthy of being on a collector's shelves.

I will give NECA a few extra demerits because they've known for a long time how bad the reaction to April was, and very intentionally decided not to offer a remedy when they put another April in a multi-pack. And that's kind of a world-class dick move.
They gave us a different version of April in the 4 pack, but apparently, there is another version of April coming down the line.

I just got all this wave opened up.

I'm gonna say, Rocksteady is the weakest one, and Metalhead the strongest, IMO. Rocksteady just does not look as good as Bebop or the Neca version of the same character, IMO, and articulation is limited, no opening jaw, unpainted gun, and loose hips.

Metalhead is just super fun and comes with great accessories, and looks great.

Mikey is kinda what we expect from the turtles.

April, the face doesn't look bad in person, IMO. She moves well and has decent accessories (minus that dumb tripod that's too small). My issue with her is the lack of painted detail on the outfit. It's just blaring yellow.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:22 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Like citysushi said, Randy has confirmed an ultimate April. No real ETA given but i think he said it probably won't be this year. I'm guessing early next year. And I'm expecting that April to be the best one yet.

That being said, while I don't think the NECA cartoon April is perfect or even good... I think she's miles better than that eyesore Super7 has pooped out. I find it mind boggling that anyone thinks Super7 April looks better than NECA April. But as I've said... to each their own.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:53 am

Freditor wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:22 am
KnightDamien wrote:
Like citysushi said, Randy has confirmed an ultimate April. No real ETA given but i think he said it probably won't be this year. I'm guessing early next year. And I'm expecting that April to be the best one yet.

That being said, while I don't think the NECA cartoon April is perfect or even good... I think she's miles better than that eyesore Super7 has pooped out. I find it mind boggling that anyone thinks Super7 April looks better than NECA April. But as I've said... to each their own.
I hate to boggle your mind...but just based on that side by side photo alone, I prefer Super7 :mrgreen:
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:56 am

Yeah, individually I thought the NECA looked better. But seeing them side by side in Toy Bro's review, the Super7 looks better to me. Better isn't the right word, less terrible.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:59 am

MrMisterSaturn wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:47 pm
The space between the teeth is a nod to the vintage figures. The OG Playmates Turts have the exact same thing going on.
Yes, which is reflected on the default heads. The alt heads on Leo and Raph didn’t go that route so I don’t know why they would do that with Mikey.
Detrimental_Fig
CROM!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:39 am

Andru wrote:
Full April Review...

Yeah, still not good. Maybe they'll do another version of April down the line too.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:45 am

To each his own, but I don't know how anyone can look at those Aprils together and not say the Super7 one is a homerun. Yes, the plastic looks a bit waxy, but the sculpt is good and it PERFECTLY nails what it is supposed to be, a modern version of the retro figure, but actually has a much nicer head sculpt to boot.

Easily the best April figure to date. Which may be a low bar to clear, but still.

NECA's April is an abomination IMO.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”