Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:47 am

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

The image shows up for me.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:55 am

Are you a member of Technodrome forums? I couldn't see it until I logged in. Then I downloaded it & uploaded it to my own Imgur.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:38 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Interesting. Looking through Google Images of the original Playmates figure, it appears there are two versions. One with the blue "eyebrows" for lack of a better word, and one without.

I always had the blue eyebrow version. I had no idea there was any other version. I'm a little disappointed to see the Super7 prototypes don't include it. I hadn't noticed that paint app was missing before.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:20 pm

Freditor wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:40 pm
Toy Bro's Mikey review is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yba8DVt ... nel=ToyBro

There's definitely no gunmetal grey on his belt buckle. So another paint-error. Seriously Super7, get your shit together.
I will be royally pissed if they correct this on the re-releases.
The belt doesn’t bother me. Next to Raph, it’s probably not noticeable and I don’t mine a dash of uniqueness added to each turtles, it’s the Leo figure that’s the problem.

He didn’t draw attention to it, but the paint job on Mikey looks iffy. I like that dark wash, but it looks like it’s been applied in a sloppy manner. I’m curious if there’s much consistency from figure to figure. And his Mikey has an ugly blemish below the belt that would drive me crazy. And the paint looks sloppy on the alt head. Why try to create so much space between the teeth? It’s bizarre.

On the plus side, that waist looks improved in regards to the prior figures. Hopefully the knees aren’t as tight.
MrMisterSaturn
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:47 pm

The space between the teeth is a nod to the vintage figures. The OG Playmates Turts have the exact same thing going on.
DVD
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 pm

Got my Wave 3 in a couple days ago and can't put them down. So much fun! Cannot wait to have all 4 Turtles in a couple of months(hopefully). I will say this: I'm kinda disappointed by Rockstead. Bebop too, I guess, but he gets a pass because of the extra head. I would have loved to have opening mouths, or a removable hat on Rocksteady. Oh well. I still love them and they're *huge*. Great having these two together again.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Ooh, I love this Metalhead! But what is the alternate helicopter thing with the small peg for? I do not see anywhere it connects.
superdoug
CROM!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:47 pm

Are people getting their preorders in from Super 7 yet or just from retailers? I have the wave preordered from Super 7 but have not received any email or tracking info about these starting to ship. Thanks!
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 pm

BBTS

Figured it out, it plugs in as an alt hand.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Also, if it's anything like the vintage figure, it should also plug into the top of the backpack instead of the satellite dish.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:09 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:08 pm
Also, if it's anything like the vintage figure, it should also plug into the top of the backpack instead of the satellite dish.
There's two helicopters, one with a larger peg that goes into the backpack, and the smaller peg one is a hand replacement.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:10 pm

I received my set from BBTS today. I think my favorite of the wave might be April! Maybe because my expectations were set pretty low. I don’t think she’s nearly as bad as people are saying. I like all three heads, and the headset version was a really pleasant surprise. I like her accessories, though I need that thread for her badge to straighten. The tripod is a nice touch. That silly handgun camera carried over, huh? I don’t love the briefcase, particularly the fold, which feels like it could break if it is opened and closed too often. Already it feels like it won’t close properly with just a couple of openings.

Mikey is pretty standard at this point. His joints are much looser than those of his brothers, but not so loose that he can’t hold poses. I don’t feel anxiety when I try to move joints. I’ll be using the real chain nunchucks, because the fully plastic ones don’t bend very well.

Metalhead is nice. The light piping head needs some really strong light. That head popped off mine and I can’t seem to get it back on, but the other head fits fine. I love the throwback accessories. I totally forgot about that robotic nunchuck hand. His feet are totally flat.

Rocksteady is humongous. Really, his head is just massive. He feels light on the accessories. He can’t hold that sewer plate shield that well, so knife and rifle it is. My bad guys feel complete with him. Next wave will really make the whole collection feel complete to me.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:19 pm

I just can't understand how this MOTU 20$ figure looks somehow better in quality and presentation than 55$ April.

Sure, different styles and all, but come on...
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:29 pm

I think April misses the mark in.. virtually every category. But I also don't think that comparison is fair. They're definitely trying to do very different things, from wildly different companies on the success spectrum.
It would probably be more fair to compare April to Mattel's OTHER Evil-Lyn. From Origins. Which is also better. Hilariously.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics