Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 pm

Some thoughts after inspecting Mikey a bit closer:

- It might be just the picture, but it seems like his belt buckle isn't painted at all this time around. So we have gunmetal grey for Raph, silver for Leo and now no paint for Mikey. I really dislike these inconsistencies.
- I like the alternate face, but it seems like there's some white paint missing in between the teeth. Makes it look like there are some gaps.
- The color green on the hinges seems different to the rest of the body
- The finger and toenails don't seem to be painted this time. Not a huge deal but again... I dislike these inconsistencies.

I wonder if this is because the production of these is spaced out. There were some inconsistencies with Raph and Leo as well. For example: Raph had a glossy white paint for his eyes and teeth, Leo had a matte white paint.
KarlSpace
Super Poseable

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:08 pm

Neanderthal wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:05 am
KarlSpace wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:43 am
Not stoked on those hoses, but we'll see how they hold up. What I'm wondering about is why Metalhead has his toes pointed up. Would have much rather had two flat fleet to help with stability, and an overall more planted look.

The vintage fig had a flat floot for the one on the ground, so it's a strange interpretation of the old "one foot flat, one foot midstep" thing those vintage figures had going on. Hopefully it doesn't continue.
Where did you saw the pointed up toes? looking at the photos, I can only see that his feet are flat.

Going from the images from @TMNT4Me on Twitter. In the photo above, there's some shadow happening under his righthand side foot, and it's in some of the others. Looking closer, it's hard to tell if the foot is supposed to be flat and it's just the angle of the sculpt and this figure has a wonky foot, or they all have that slight bend up on the bottom of the feet.

Also, regarding April, looking at the pictures Toybro posted on Instagram, I'm wondering if part of what we're all reacting to is the fact that her eyes are spaced just a bit too far apart, and we're in an uncanny valley situation here. Not sure if anyone has brought the spacing up yet.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:36 pm

Freditor wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 pm
Some thoughts after inspecting Mikey a bit closer:

- It might be just the picture, but it seems like his belt buckle isn't painted at all this time around. So we have gunmetal grey for Raph, silver for Leo and now no paint for Mikey. I really dislike these inconsistencies.
- I like the alternate face, but it seems like there's some white paint missing in between the teeth. Makes it look like there are some gaps.
- The color green on the hinges seems different to the rest of the body
- The finger and toenails don't seem to be painted this time. Not a huge deal but again... I dislike these inconsistencies.

I wonder if this is because the production of these is spaced out. There were some inconsistencies with Raph and Leo as well. For example: Raph had a glossy white paint for his eyes and teeth, Leo had a matte white paint.
Toy Bro seems to have confirmed with Super7 that Leo’s belt was painted in error, at least the large, metallic, squares. Maybe the edging around the belt buckle is supposed to vary slightly in color similar to the shells, or they’re all supposed to look like Raph’s. Hard to tell with Mikey if his is more or less the same as Raph’s and it’s just the pictures making it appear different or not.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:03 pm

Just opened my rocksteady and I’m beyond impressed!
I think he might be my favorite in the line so far. Those eyes!
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:40 pm

Toy Bro's Mikey review is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yba8DVt ... nel=ToyBro

There's definitely no gunmetal grey on his belt buckle. So another paint-error. Seriously Super7, get your shit together.
I will be royally pissed if they correct this on the re-releases.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:04 pm

I guess I am in the minority but I really like Mikey's updated head.

However, the plain black belt and unpainted toe & fingernails is going to bug me a bit when he's next to Leo & Raph.

Still very much looking forward to him though!
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:23 pm

I think I'll just paint all the silver/grey on the belts black. I'm not the best at customizing, but that should be easy enough. I wouldn't mind if Leo/Don were the same and Raph/Mike were the same, but all four being different would bug me.
Astrophro
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:47 pm

Looking at this pic from ToyBro, I can see Mikey does indeed have a red tongue.Image

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

thatguy
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:23 pm

This has been making the rounds--apparently this is a fan-made mockup with a third head showing the default Mondo Gecko paint style variant in the middle. I really wish Super7 would do this.Image
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:32 pm

So I see BBTS have preorders of first two waves. Are these some kind of re-releases that should definitely come out? I want to buy a couple of figures that I missed in the first place, but not sure if they will be re-released at all
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/116086
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:18 pm

Aleks wrote:
So I see BBTS have preorders of first two waves. Are these some kind of re-releases that should definitely come out? I want to buy a couple of figures that I missed in the first place, but not sure if they will be re-released at all
I'm using BBTS. They should come out, just later. And I'm hoping they can fix some of their "factory errors" by then.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 pm

Handsome wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:18 pm
Aleks wrote:
I'm using BBTS. They should come out, just later. And I'm hoping they can fix some of their "factory errors" by then.
I do to, but with these things you never know.

And yeah, I hope too.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:56 am

“One fricasseed toitle comin’ up”
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:03 am

Those 2 look great together! Really cannot wait to have them both.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:15 am

thatguy wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:23 pm
This has been making the rounds--apparently this is a fan-made mockup with a third head showing the default Mondo Gecko paint style variant in the middle. I really wish Super7 would do this.Image
Not loading. The forum you are linking the image from wants me to sign in to view it.

You can post it to https://imgur.com and link it that way.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”