Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:25 am

I think this is currently Super7’s best performing line so they very much care about it. A wave is supposed to come out every four months, but COVID happened. There’s not much they can do about it - it is what it is. You’ll get your toys eventually. And on the vehicle front, they’ve been open that they wanted to have a van on the way already, but had to wait due to the actions of another company (most assume it’s due to Playmates reissuing the Party Wagon). It’ll happen and anyone who wants to spend $400+ on a Party Wagon will get their chance.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 am

Misfit wrote:
I think this is currently Super7’s best performing line so they very much care about it. A wave is supposed to come out every four months, but COVID happened. There’s not much they can do about it - it is what it is. You’ll get your toys eventually. And on the vehicle front, they’ve been open that they wanted to have a van on the way already, but had to wait due to the actions of another company (most assume it’s due to Playmates reissuing the Party Wagon). It’ll happen and anyone who wants to spend $400+ on a Party Wagon will get their chance.
They should give us the toilet taxi while we wait. :mrgreen:
MollyMillions
CROM!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 am

Can't relate, but I've never been a completionist.

Happy to get April and Mikey and see if Walkabout arrives. Mona Lisa would be dope.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 am

Went ahead and added Leatherhead to my pre orders on BBTS.
I never had the original figure and I didn’t like his design enough to grab the S7 version but he’s grown on me......a lot
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:44 am

Misfit wrote:
And on the vehicle front, they’ve been open that they wanted to have a van on the way already, but had to wait due to the actions of another company (most assume it’s due to Playmates reissuing the Party Wagon). It’ll happen and anyone who wants to spend $400+ on a Party Wagon will get their chance.
Oh. I got the impression through their thinly veiled hints, that they decided to make the thundertank first, and didn’t want to release two expensive vehicles too close together since some collect both lines and didn’t want to say this, because TMNT fans would get upset at thunder cats fans for causing the delay.

And from a marketing standpoint, most thunder cats collectors are also TMNT, but most TMNT are not thunder cats. The Venn diagram is skewed to either being a solo TMNT fan or a dual TMNT/thunder cats fan. And Bryan Flynn knew if they did the party van first, then the dual turtles/cats collectors would buy the van and then pass on the tank since they’d want both but would buy the van first and wouldn’t be as enthusiastic about liquidating stuff to get the $400 to buy the tank second.

But I’d they do tank first the dual collectors will buy the tank, and will figure out a way to pay for the party van since they’ll want it so much.

In other words, Bryan is a marketing genius because if he put out the tank first, he sells more vehicles in total, than if he puts van first. But he knows turtle fans would get upset at the delay and call it greed. When really if they did the van first, they likely couldn’t even make the tank since they wouldn’t clear enough sales to clear a tank listed too closely after a van.

Dual collectors will find a way to pay for a van, but won’t try as hard to find a way to pay for a tank.

I guess if playmates puts out a van in the next few months we will know I’m wrong.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:13 am

Shreddar wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:44 am

I guess if playmates puts out a van in the next few months we will know I’m wrong.
This month Playmates released a reproduction of the Vintage Party Wagon to Walmart. I understand it sold out quick. I saw it announced at Popculta in Australia for release this month too.

I'm not saying your theory, or anyone else's is incorrect. I just noticed it went up for sale.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:13 pm

I'm just going off of what Brian said in one of the interviews he gave recently (maybe Fwoosh?) where he literally said they wanted to have the Van out now, but another company got in the way. And that could be interpreted as Playmates literally blocked them, or they didn't want to go to market with a similar product potentially hurting their own sales. Either one is valid. And Playmates is currently selling a Party Wagon reissue through Walmart, which is why most assume that is what Brian was referring to.

Brian sat down with Pixel Dan over the weekend to talk GI Joe and the whole global shipping situation, toy making, and so on. It's a good conversation even if you don't care about GI Joe (like me). The only turtle nugget in there is that Mikey has been in their warehouse for about 7 weeks now and two other figures from Wave 3 have joined him, but one is still just sitting on a boat in port waiting to be unloaded. As impatient and frustrated we get as consumers over delays and things, I can't imagine how frustrating it is to be in his position just knowing product he wants to get out is literally sitting there doing nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIN6Ml6OAjA&t=2959s
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:28 pm

Looks like BBTS is expecting Wave 3 very soon. They might get their stock shipped from the factory, and not Super7, so it would be interesting if they actually end up with it before Super7's warehouse does:

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:33 pm

I also got the notice. Was hoping it would come later. Was surprised since we have not seen a bunch of yt reviews yet.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 pm

The lack of YouTube reviews could be indicative of BBTS just getting the figures first. I imagine review samples are provided by Super7, and most of the people who do reviews that had to pay for the product probably order direct too in hopes of getting it as early as possible. I ordered 3 of the 4 figures in this wave from BBTS and have not received an email yet, so they're just processing complete sets first. The image I posted is from ToyBro's twitter account.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Had to go look up what was in this wave. Pretty pogchamp lineup, just wish it was Don instead of Mike.
Shreddar
Super Poseable

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:00 pm

Misfit wrote:
. The only turtle nugget in there is that Mikey has been in their warehouse for about 7 weeks now and two other figures from Wave 3 have joined him, but one is still just sitting on a boat in port waiting to be unloaded. As impatient and frustrated we get as consumers over delays and things, I can't imagine how frustrating it is to be in his position just knowing product he wants to get out is literally sitting there doing nothing.
That is frustrating. Since Mikey is the only figure I have preordered direct from S7 and the rest I preordered from BBTS.

I guess S7 doesn’t want to ship out single figures for some reason. In spite of charging full price for shipping versus BBTS $4 POL. I paid the extra shipping to get Mikey faster but I guess going forward I’ll do all BBTS.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Shreddar wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:00 pm
Misfit wrote:
. The only turtle nugget in there is that Mikey has been in their warehouse for about 7 weeks now and two other figures from Wave 3 have joined him, but one is still just sitting on a boat in port waiting to be unloaded. As impatient and frustrated we get as consumers over delays and things, I can't imagine how frustrating it is to be in his position just knowing product he wants to get out is literally sitting there doing nothing.
That is frustrating. Since Mikey is the only figure I have preordered direct from S7 and the rest I preordered from BBTS.

I guess S7 doesn’t want to ship out single figures for some reason. In spite of charging full price for shipping versus BBTS $4 POL. I paid the extra shipping to get Mikey faster but I guess going forward I’ll do all BBTS.
They do it this way probably because collectors have a tendency to get outraged or feel aggrieved over the smallest slight. If Super7 shipped out to everyone who just ordered Mikey there would be a whole bunch of ticked off consumers who ordered a full set whining that they support the line to the fullest and should be first in line to get product, or that Super7 should ship partial orders. Super7 has made the call to only ship when they get the full wave in-house (which under normal circumstances probably happens all at once or within days at least) and begin processing orders at that time. And I think they do typically start with customers who ordered all 4. Maybe if they had any indication that Michelangelo would sit for 7-8 weeks without company they would have done it differently, but I'm guessing they're just as surprised and frustrated as consumers are that it has taken as long as it has.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:11 pm

I also received my preorder processing notice from BBTS for wave 3. But when it comes to the delays that Super7 is suffering with at the port, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if wave 4 comes out just as everything else is getting unclogged.

Workers at the port will be like “So what just came in off of that boat that pulled into the docks earlier this morning? Oh it’s more Turtle toys? Fantastic. I’m gonna use up all my sick days now.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:14 pm

To be fair, BBTS is usually the last to get Super7 stuff. So this is a complete reversal of fortune.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”