Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Thu May 06, 2021 3:43 am

Handsome wrote:Are there any difference in the variant versions besides the weapon racks?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/103012

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/152406

I've got the first set pre-ordered for 4th quarter 2021. The second set is the variants, but that's is in stock right now. I'm tempted to just get that one instead because I'm getting excited to have these. Though it'll be a while before I put them up for display, I want to get at least the four Turtles before I put them up, so I guess I could wait til the end of the year.
Only difference should be the color of the weapons racks according to Brian from Super 7.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:43 am

Handsome wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:34 am
Are there any difference in the variant versions besides the weapon racks?
None. Some people speculate that joints may have been improved in regards to friction and insertion, but it's all anecdotal.
frymasterak
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 3:22 pm

I encourage everyone to hit up Super7 and recommend they include an alternate head with Leatherhead. It doesn't make sense why they would do it for so many characters and not him.
citysushi
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 3:29 pm

frymasterak wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:22 pm
I encourage everyone to hit up Super7 and recommend they include an alternate head with Leatherhead. It doesn't make sense why they would do it for so many characters and not him.
Too much plastic. He has a larger head than other characters. Only needs hinged jaw.
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 07, 2021 9:54 pm

I'd rather recommend something like articulated eyebrows. As weird as they are, you can squeeze two or three extra emotions out of him just with placement. And an opportune time to throw in swappable green ones in case your biggest gripe about the vintage figure was an alligator having eyebrows.

Sometimes I wondered if that vest wasn't a vest but an organic part of his body sort of like dinosaur feathers...
Handsome
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 6:57 pm

I made a quick checklist of the figures I owned as a kid, outside of the million different Turtles variants which I did have a bunch of. Like the variants where they're all playing sports or whatever.

At this point, I'm just need Super 7 to make Slash and the Rat King and I'll be set.

Was Metalhead a good guy in the cartoon? I haven't watched the original series in decades, but I remember him as a villain, I think because he's a boss in Turtles in Time. Speaking of Turtles in Time, I wouldn't mind them making Tokka and Rahzar as well. If we got Slash and Rat King, getting those four would give us all the Turtles in Time bosses.
citysushi
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 9:50 pm

I think he was reprogrammed or something.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 09, 2021 10:42 pm

Yup. Started out as a villain, was reprogrammed by Donatello.
PG-Superfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 09, 2021 10:53 pm

Handsome wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:57 pm
I made a quick checklist of the figures I owned as a kid, outside of the million different Turtles variants which I did have a bunch of. Like the variants where they're all playing sports or whatever.

At this point, I'm just need Super 7 to make Slash and the Rat King and I'll be set.

Was Metalhead a good guy in the cartoon? I haven't watched the original series in decades, but I remember him as a villain, I think because he's a boss in Turtles in Time. Speaking of Turtles in Time, I wouldn't mind them making Tokka and Rahzar as well. If we got Slash and Rat King, getting those four would give us all the Turtles in Time bosses.
Somebody on another board speculated Wave 6 would be:

Space Cadet Raph
Slash
Rat King

And since Flynn said around wave 6, we'd be getting "concept figures" that never got a vintage toy, Dreadmon or Jagwar since waves 4 and 5 have started to go hard on Mutanimals.

From there, I could see Wave 7 being:

Undercover Don
Wingnut and Screwloose
Groundchuck
Armaggon

Wave 8:

Sewer Surfin' Mike
Jagwar/Dreadmon (whichever didn't make wave 6)
Scratch
Triceraton
citysushi
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 11:00 pm

I doubt Rat King and Slash in one wave. Those two are both kinda heavy hitters, so they'll probably be split up.

You don't think we'll see any Channel 6 team in the next wave?
Shreddar
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun May 09, 2021 11:25 pm

My favorite turtle alternate appearance is space cadet Ralph.

My favorite yet-to-be announced villains is Scumbug.
KarlSpace
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun May 09, 2021 11:41 pm

citysushi wrote:
I doubt Rat King and Slash in one wave. Those two are both kinda heavy hitters, so they'll probably be split up.

I hope we don't see Channel 6 team members for a few years honestly. Are people wanting them?

Won't the Neca line scratch that itch for folks who are interested in them?
weizie
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 pm

KarlSpace wrote:
citysushi wrote:

I hope we don't see Channel 6 team members for a few years honestly. Are people wanting them?

I don't understand why people would want them. Not on my list at all. But for those who do, hope they eventually get them.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 am

KarlSpace wrote:
citysushi wrote:

Yeah I don't need them in this line because I prefer them cartoon accurate.
Handsome
CROM!

Mon May 10, 2021 12:37 am

By the time the Toon Turtles wave came out, I think I had moved on from Ninja Turtles to X-Men. So I don't have any nostalgia tied to toys of those characters: http://www.tmnttoys.com/93figures/toons/index.html

I would love a Toon Shredder variant, though I don't know if that would be stepping on NECA's toes based on the licensing they've agreed to: http://www.tmnttoys.com/93figures/toons/5411.htm

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”