Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
KarlSpace
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7 TMNT Ultimates

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:20 am

thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:24 pm
Whenever you’re putting a figure back together, make sure the peg is cool and solid, and the other side is heated and pliable. For anything you’re really worried about, a little Vaseline or lubricant on the peg helps as well.
I may have tried the first few times with the peg and socket warm, but then switched to keeping the peg cold, and it broke even like that. Not sure about putting lubricant or vaseline on a joint you're trying to tighten though.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:36 pm

It took a while buf I finally got my Super7 Leo (had some bad luck getting him, won't bore you with the details). Man, what a fantastic figure!
Kinda lost track of this line since there was such a huge gap between getting Raph and Leo, has there been any recent info on when wave 3 will come out?

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Freditor wrote:
(had some bad luck getting him, won't bore you with the details)
I mean, I don't want to make you relive trauma, but isn't that what these boards are for? Conversation?
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Freditor wrote:
I mean, I don't want to make you relive trauma, but isn't that what these boards are for? Conversation?
Well yeah... conversation about how awesome action figures are. Not about the pain in the ass they can be to acquire :D

To keep it as short as possible:

Went in on this line when the pre-order window for both wave 1 and 2 already closed on the Super7 website. It was still pretty easy to get Raph through local retailers (I live in Belgium), bought him from a webshop.
Was very pleased with said webshop's service so I decided to pre-order Leo from them as well. They originally had him for a dec 31 release date, got an e-mail a couple of weeks before that saying he got delayed till march. Then somewhere in March, I got an e-mail that they had to cancel my pre-order because their supplier cancelled the order as well.

Luckily, I was still able to get him at a reasonable price from a UK seller. But I completely forgot that we have to pay import fees for items from the UK as well now (since January 2021). Got charged with 48 euro in custom fees (about $57)... which is almost as much as the figure.

So not only could I have had him since December, I also paid way more than I should have.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:10 pm

Well, that sucks, I'm sorry. :(
ChrisLyne
Super Poseable

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:02 pm

As someone who voted remain please accept my apologies for the madness we have inflicted upon you and ourselves since January :(
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:53 pm

ChrisLyne wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:02 pm
As someone who voted remain please accept my apologies for the madness we have inflicted upon you and ourselves since January :(
Apologies accepted and my condolences to you :(
figureitout
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:51 am

We’re sure there’s a 5th wave, right? I’m hoping for Krang, Slash, Leatherhead, and Rat King. And a Wolfman Leo. If that’s not asking too much. How bout Usagi?

Oh, anymore Toxic Crusaders are welcome, too. Especially Major Disaster.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:18 pm

figureitout wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:51 am
We’re sure there’s a 5th wave, right? I’m hoping for Krang, Slash, Leatherhead, and Rat King. And a Wolfman Leo. If that’s not asking too much. How bout Usagi?

Oh, anymore Toxic Crusaders are welcome, too. Especially Major Disaster.
Lots of more wave planned and for sure they confirmed Usagi but I think they said not in wave 5
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:26 pm

I think Usagi may be up in the air now. At one interview with the Fwoosh, Brian Said Usagi would come out this year and the contract was signed. Then in an interview with someone else many months later, he said that it was complicated (likely because of an upcoming Usagi show) and they hoped to be able to work with him at some point.

Something changed between those two interviews. Usagi may not be a sure thing anymore. I hope we get him. He's a must have.

Here is the relevant part of the transcript from that interview. This is what Brian had to say about Usagi and speaking with the license holder: "We've, we've talked to them a lot. They've got some things going on, so one of these days we will make something. I hope, uh, but not right away"

Around the 18 minute mark of this video from February 4th : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAOyCy4n8M8
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:53 pm

In order for there to be an issue with Usagi, the Netflix show must have included some merchandizing rights that would conflict with anything Super7 (and likely NECA) did. It's odd for it to go from "contract's signed" to his last update, which maybe it just means he thought the contract was further along than it was or after it was signed it was discovered to be in conflict with another contract that superseded it. It would be weird, after 30 years, for there to be an issue with the character as it relates to TMNT, but we're definitely in an era where content is exploding and everything is getting tied down to some entity so I guess if it was going to happen it's now. I personally don't need Usagi, and I don't know if I'd even get a Super7 version (unless it's Space Usagi, that figure was just rad), but I think I'm in the minority so it would be a bummer if fans couldn't add him to their collection.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Freditor wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
Freditor wrote:
Well yeah... conversation about how awesome action figures are. Not about the pain in the ass they can be to acquire :D

To keep it as short as possible:

Went in on this line when the pre-order window for both wave 1 and 2 already closed on the Super7 website. It was still pretty easy to get Raph through local retailers (I live in Belgium), bought him from a webshop.
Was very pleased with said webshop's service so I decided to pre-order Leo from them as well. They originally had him for a dec 31 release date, got an e-mail a couple of weeks before that saying he got delayed till march. Then somewhere in March, I got an e-mail that they had to cancel my pre-order because their supplier cancelled the order as well.

Luckily, I was still able to get him at a reasonable price from a UK seller. But I completely forgot that we have to pay import fees for items from the UK as well now (since January 2021). Got charged with 48 euro in custom fees (about $57)... which is almost as much as the figure.

So not only could I have had him since December, I also paid way more than I should have.
America at least had an opportunity to reverse their 2016 stupidity. UK has shafted itself and EU for a generation.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm

For those of you that aren't all-in on this line: which figures are you getting?

I'm definitely getting the 4 Turtles, Bebop and Rocksteady. Other than that though, I'm a bit undecided. I'm thinking about getting Metalhead (absolutely loved that figure when I was a kid and he looks fantastic) and April if she has changed as drastically as Brian said she has (what's taking so long with those updated pictures Super7?). And if that change is for the better of course.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 pm

Freditor wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm
For those of you that aren't all-in on this line: which figures are you getting?

I'm definitely getting the 4 Turtles, Bebop and Rocksteady. Other than that though, I'm a bit undecided. I'm thinking about getting Metalhead (absolutely loved that figure when I was a kid and he looks fantastic) and April if she has changed as drastically as Brian said she has (what's taking so long with those updated pictures Super7?). And if that change is for the better of course.
I’m mostly all in 4 Neca so I am somewhat picky for Super 7 and don’t need them all but so far I’ve gotten Raph and Baxter from wave one and Leo,bebop and mutagen man from wave two. And getting Mikey, rocksteady and metalhead from wave three and for wave four just Donnie and muckman. I just wanted the turtles and whatever looked really cool which Super 7 has made a lot look awesome!!
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:48 pm

I think I'm in for just mutants going forward. I wasn't particularly impressed with Shredder. And though the foot was good, I feel like it is too fragile. I think I'll stick with NECA for my humans and build around that collection with Super7. I don't mind buying the same characters in both lines for mutants, and Mutants being larger works for me.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”