Playmates: TMNT Original Vintage Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Original Playmates Line

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Yup, I got rid of mine in that extremely brief, but incredibly dark time between childhood toy love & adult collecting, unfortunately.

The Turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Krang, B&R, and the Foot were all TRU rereleases. I still have my Groundchuck, who I've since added to the shelf after digging him out of storage, as well as a Sgt. Bananas I snagged off eBay years ago to add to my gorilla collection. All the rest have been vintage eBay purchases in the past few months.

Oh, and all of the Pizza Thrower pizzas are original from my childhood. Not sure why I hung onto them, or why their stickers remained so flawless, but there they are, lol. Same with the translucent mutagen cannisters. I don't even remember who they came with for me to have four of them. I only got one of the transforming baby Turtles back then (Donny - still have him), so that can't be it.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:22 am

I had most of the Aprils as a kid, but my brother always snapped their legs trying to play with her like the Turtles.

The only two he didn't break were the Green one that came with the news van, and the big ugly bulky mutatin' one.
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:54 am

Slixta wrote:
I had most of the Aprils as a kid, but my brother always snapped their legs trying to play with her like the Turtles.

The only two he didn't break were the Green one that came with the news van, and the big ugly bulky mutatin' one.
Sadness! I don't suppose you still have them? A few years back I got it into my head to dig out my old broken TMNT figures (there weren't many; those toys were pretty sturdy) and fix them. It was hella satisfying -- brought a tear to my eyes to restore them and be able to pose them afresh.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:31 am

Sick photo.

I had probably hundreds of them (and almost all the major vehicles) as a kid, but god knows where they are now.

About six or seven years ago, I reacquired the whole first series and some favorites from subsequent series from ebay. They're all loose and complete, so I have a nice collection. Those are still on a shelf in my bedroom. It's mostly just the original good guys and bad guys and then particularly cool later figures like Rat King, Ray Fillet, Wingnut and Screwloose, Leatherhead, Slash, etc.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:29 am

Wes Crayon wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:54 am
Slixta wrote:

Sadness! I don't suppose you still have them? A few years back I got it into my head to dig out my old broken TMNT figures (there weren't many; those toys were pretty sturdy) and fix them. It was hella satisfying -- brought a tear to my eyes to restore them and be able to pose them afresh.
No they are long long gone...

I probably have Green April at my parents house somewhere, but that's on the other side of the country.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:50 pm

My sister and her husband recently sold their house, and while they look for a new place, they've moved in with my parents. As a result, I found it necessary to rescue my old TMNT toys before my nephew, the toy killer, got his hands on them (RIP to my old Toy Biz X-Men which were left behind for him). I only saved the figures most important to me and they've been in an old, small, suitcase in my parents' basement. Somehow I ended up with two Raphaels and I don't know how. Mutating Rocksteady also somehow got saved while none of the other mutating toys can say the same. And apparently I didn't see a reason to save Splinter or Krang. Leonardo and Donatello were my first action figures from this line and I think I got them in 88 and gradually added the rest. The movie star turtles became my preferred playing turtles once they came out. I lost Shredder's cape many years ago while holding him up to an open car window to let his cape blow in the wind - oops. I also broke the hand off of my Super Shredder, and rather than glue it back on, I decided to insert a brass hook. I still have Toka's belt, but I swear the rubber has contracted or something over the years because I cannot get that thing back on. There's about a full centimeter gap on that thing. I also didn't save many accessories, and the weapons I do have are assuredly not originals, but probably taken from other figures (like the storage shell ones or something). I also still have a Classic Rock Leo upstairs in my bedroom not pictured. These guys were much loved, and it shows as these are definitely not collector grade by any means.

I just set them up on my bar to take these pics, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them going forward.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Yarrrgh! Cap'n Hook upgraded his outfit, that's fer sure!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 pm

Since recreating this thread, I've gotten a few more figures (still can't manage a Vernon for a reasonable price, though - I was hoping to keep up with both NECA & Super7), so I thought I'd share.

Also, when Slixta posted a screenshot of Dirtbag & Groundchuck from the cartoon together after I'd already put them next to each other on the shelf, I was quite happy with the coincidence.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:24 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:45 pm
Yarrrgh! Cap'n Hook upgraded his outfit, that's fer sure!
He's Aaaaarrrrguably the best Shredder Playmates ever made!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:38 pm

:lol:
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:11 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 pm
Since recreating this thread, I've gotten a few more figures (still can't manage a Vernon for a reasonable price, though - I was hoping to keep up with both NECA & Super7), so I thought I'd share.

Also, when Slixta posted a screenshot of Dirtbag & Groundchuck from the cartoon together after I'd already put them next to each other on the shelf, I was quite happy with the coincidence.
I can't imagine a Groundchuck & Dirtbag from NECA aren't right around the corner.

I never had Vernon or Burne, but I did get Irma & Kala from that Toon Turtles line, they're probably in my parents house somewhere with Green April.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:30 pm

I had Kala, but she's long gone now, so I definitely want to get all the Neutrinos, and the rest of Channel 6. I've only tried for Vernon recently, as NECA is making one soon, but haven't managed to be able to afford one yet, either not being able to BIN or got outbid once it got too high.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:08 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:30 pm
I had Kala, but she's long gone now, so I definitely want to get all the Neutrinos, and the rest of Channel 6. I've only tried for Vernon recently, as NECA is making one soon, but haven't managed to be able to afford one yet, either not being able to BIN or got outbid once it got too high.
Yeah the pricing is crazy, especially for the Toon Series.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Anybody interested in some psychotic-looking bootlegs?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FHFDQDZ/re ... s9dHJ1ZQ==
mattmurdog
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:17 pm

My favorite line growing up. I regret not getting any of the later figures as I had out grown Turtles and toys by then.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”