Playmates: TMNT Original Vintage Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Playmates: TMNT Original Vintage Series

Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:04 pm

$7.50!? Aw man...
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm

I found what was probably a fresh restock of the villains at Target yesterday. Grabbed all four. Also they had 1 12" Donnie among a sea of o Leo and Raph, so I had to grab him. 12" Donnie is so big and dumb and fun and I love him. Never got the giant Turtles as a kid.
But now I have all four storage shell Turtles, Splinter, and the four baddies. Gonna split them up between me and my son for our Easter baskets. Wouldn't mind finding a Krang though...

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:49 pm

I found Shredder/Foot/Rocksteady/Leatherhead, and all four Storage Shells. I have the SS 4-pack preordered on Amazon, and am hoping I can catch the Villains on Target, but I grabbed Leatherhead & Foot Soldier, thank you Detrimental Fig - I got a super nice self-checkout employee who price matched them to your Walmart photo! :lol:

I should've at least asked if she'd do 3 more, and gone back for my extra Storage Shells, so I can pay less & not end up with a third Leo, but I was so shocked at getting the two I did, I didn't think about it, lol.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:33 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:Again, you should check your Neighborhood Market Walmarts if you got 'em:

Pretty brilliant putting these by the frozen pizza!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:20 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:49 pm
I found Shredder/Foot/Rocksteady/Leatherhead, and all four Storage Shells. I have the SS 4-pack preordered on Amazon, and am hoping I can catch the Villains on Target, but I grabbed Leatherhead & Foot Soldier, thank you Detrimental Fig - I got a super nice self-checkout employee who price matched them to your Walmart photo! :lol:
Holy crap, they did? I never would've thought to do that. Haha. And awesome on the Foot Soldier! They seem to be impossible to find... I found ONE after all the Splinters I've seen out there...
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:08 pm

BOOM.

Because I've worked every customer-facing job possible, I am always THE NICEST customer myself, because I know what they go through first hand with the ones who aren't so nice. I was laughing the whole time, because I flat out told her "I don't think this would count, but I might as well ask," which definitely put her in a more helpful mood, lol.

The Foot is staying sealed, as I already have, I think, 10 of the TRU reissues opened on display, lol. And I want one of each of these vintage cards sealed.

Need to get that $50 "Cohorts" 4-pack so I can open that Leatherhead (not on vintage card), and keep this one sealed, lol.
felgekarp
Avengers Assemble

Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:31 pm

Is the re-release krang worth picking up, does he have any issues like some of the other figures have?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:48 pm

I wish I could find a Krang and Splinter to open.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:42 pm

felgekarp wrote:
Is the re-release krang worth picking up, does he have any issues like some of the other figures have?
I'd say so. The one I got seems to be really nice. The vein paint might be sloppier than the vintage version, but the legs were tight (glares at Super7), the arms are there, the hose is there (glares at Playmates), the gun is there, and the clear bubble isn't yellowed. No complaints.
felgekarp
Avengers Assemble

Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:18 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:42 pm
felgekarp wrote:
I'd say so. The one I got seems to be really nice. The vein paint might be sloppier than the vintage version, but the legs were tight (glares at Super7), the arms are there, the hose is there (glares at Playmates), the gun is there, and the clear bubble isn't yellowed. No complaints.
Cheers, i’ve seen them around for about 20 quid so i’ll pick one up as a stand in.
textual
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:28 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:48 pm
I wish I could find a Krang and Splinter to open.
It might be worth trying to get one of the older reissues with Splinter or Bebop if you'd like your display versions to have full paint apps of the originals.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:06 pm

You'd have to go back pretty far, though. I have the 2017/2018 TRU reissue of Bebop, and IIRC/AFAIK, he doesn't look any different than this new one.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:13 pm

Finally scored a Krang (and an extra Foot Soldier) to open. Now I just need Splinter. Hoping for eventual reissues of Slash, Baxter, Casey. I should have moved on the Module six pack a couple years ago.
Tmntfanatic4life
Customized

Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:39 pm

I finally saw Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Foot, Krang and Leatherhead in one batch at Walmart this morning and of course I had to buy them! There was just one of each on one peg. I really love the card backs on these so now I have the Storage Shell Bros to go with these.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:43 pm

Two down, two to go!

AND I managed an order for the villains pack! So I just need a Splinter, and to find the Pizza Slingers (and two of each, and the money for two of each...oi...)

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”