NECA: Musical Mutagen Tour SDCC Set

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Musical Mutagen Tour SDCC Set

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 am
Mannie_Bothans wrote:So is it safe to assume if my stores have the accessories packs but not the figures that I missed the window?
Most likely. I saw the big box these are shipped in & they were the only items in the box.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Damn... that's what I thought.

Well I'm playing the wait game on eBay it seems. Scalpers suck.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 pm

Mannie_Bothans wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:53 pm
Nebraska wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 am
Mannie_Bothans wrote:So is it safe to assume if my stores have the accessories packs but not the figures that I missed the window?
Most likely. I saw the big box these are shipped in & they were the only items in the box.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Damn... that's what I thought.

Well I'm playing the wait game on eBay it seems. Scalpers suck.
Eh somebody before mentioned their Neca rep only put out the swag packs at their store. Depends on the motivation of your rep on that day I guess. I think tags on the shelf are a good indicator. If you saw an empty location with the price tag then I would say you probably missed them.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 pm

Yea, I called a store on Tuesday and the NECA rep was there restocking right when I called — they only got in swag packs.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:36 pm

Always a sad feeling to find a Target has these but can’t hold. No way these are still there by the time I get off work in a few hours.
lovable-bill
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:32 am

Went to Target after work and managed to find one lone set and two XL swag boxes. I really hope everyone is able to find this set. It is such a goofy joy.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:46 am

I just wanted to address the part I bolded.
Guardianmonkey wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:49 pm

that's what he does and has done every single time this has happened. it's a way of "proving wrong" all of us "complainers" that the product is available, all we have to do is buy it! it's obnoxious and i wish ANY toy company would come along and fill the niche that NECA occupies.
This "NICHE" they occupy is BECAUSE of Playmates. I'm happy we at least have a chance to get these characters in this style at retail (spotty as that might be).

It was only, what 5 (?) years ago that the ONLY way to get ANY collector oriented TMNT product.

Is this sporadic distribution and quick online sellouts frustrating? Hell yes it is, BUT the regular waves will be refreshed in store.

I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't need this SDCC set this year, but after fighting to get the last 2, I was happy to not have to deal with it.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:19 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:46 am
I just wanted to address the part I bolded.
Guardianmonkey wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:49 pm

that's what he does and has done every single time this has happened. it's a way of "proving wrong" all of us "complainers" that the product is available, all we have to do is buy it! it's obnoxious and i wish ANY toy company would come along and fill the niche that NECA occupies.
This "NICHE" they occupy is BECAUSE of Playmates. I'm happy we at least have a chance to get these characters in this style at retail (spotty as that might be).

It was only, what 5 (?) years ago that the ONLY way to get ANY collector oriented TMNT product.

Is this sporadic distribution and quick online sellouts frustrating? Hell yes it is, BUT the regular waves will be refreshed in store.

I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't need this SDCC set this year, but after fighting to get the last 2, I was happy to not have to deal with it.
Seriously, and it's really because of NECA that we're even getting things like the Super7 figures. The Turtles license has had to be pried from Playmates' [email protected]#$ fingers like they cemented it on. It's all they really have and they know it. But I think with each success (good or bad for collectors) Nickelodeon seems more and more open to helping pry and parcel out the rights more.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:32 pm

My target.com order arrived today. Interestingly, the swag bundle just comes in the shipping box and doesn’t get its own box like the retail version. Not that I care, but when the package arrived I was initially worried they split them up.

These figures are pretty much what I expected. Nice articulation, joints aren’t too tight, and I love the soft goods. NECA definitely captured the ugliness of these costumes, in a good way. I need to see if I can rig up a nice display for these that incorporates the stage packaging. I saved an old TMNT organizer that might play a role.
Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Still looking for this. Went to my local Target on Wednesday and the employee who helped me and a friend get Metalhead and Casey and foot two pack checked the back but said they only had gotten the merch packs in. Anyone else run into this or seen this? I mean I'll try next week but either someone already got to the figures or the employees were hoarding them.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:21 pm

The figures and the merch come in the same box. They're gone, man.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:36 pm

Saw the Mutagen Tour boxes on the shelf at Target, almost none of my Targets ever get in TMNT figures. Got excited, then realized it was just the dumb swag pack crap. Almost a cruel prank my NECA releasing that garbage into retail too knowing it'll sit on shelves and torture collectors on what they can't actually find.

At least I don't like want these badly or anything.
Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:34 am

Well then it looks like I'll be scoping out Ebay and Mercari to see is I can cop a set for less than $200
kingkahn
Super Poseable

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:45 am

my set arrived today. AMAZING!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:37 pm

I saved the sides of my son's old organizer/shelf thing that basically fell apart after a few years and used one of them to make a makeshift shelf for this display. I just need some mini stage lights or something to complete the experience.

Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:53 pm

People can trash those figures all they want. This is an incredible set and display. Definitely gonna be scoping out ebay and mercari for the cheapest set I can find.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”