NECA: Musical Mutagen Tour SDCC Set

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

NECA: Musical Mutagen Tour SDCC Set

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Out of the Shell / Musical Mutagen Tour Set

Going live on Target.com at 4:00 PM today. Wasn't sure if anyone tried to find one in stores today. There are several links for the shirt sizes, but I've only been able to find XL/XXL so far:

XL
XXL
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: NECA Musical Mutagen Tour SDCC Set

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:09 pm

Those are the only two links I have found. Didn't see any in store, haven't seen anything on social media either of people finding them.
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Struck out in store this morning. Hopefully the online sale will be worth the effort.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:10 pm
Struck out in store this morning. Hopefully the online sale will be worth the effort.
Since Target already has placeholders some 4 hours before it goes live, I'm guessing it's going to be nothing but bots like all of the other Target sales.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Fingers crossed that my going for the medium size will help, lol
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Link for Small Size: https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant ... A-80778753

That's probably it. No idea if Target has any limits, and if they do, if it prevents people from ordering one of each. I think NECA is purposefully not drawing attention to these links because their very existence at this stage isn't likely a good thing.

The international sale at The Neca Store just ended, hopefully any international fwooshers who wanted a set scored one. Sounds like it wasn't a repeat of the instant sell-out from earlier this week of the two-packs.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Misfit wrote:

That's probably it. No idea if Target has any limits, and if they do, if it prevents people from ordering one of each. I think NECA is purposefully not drawing attention to these links because their very existence at this stage isn't likely a good thing.

The international sale at The Neca Store just ended, hopefully any international fwooshers who wanted a set scored one. Sounds like it wasn't a repeat of the instant sell-out from earlier this week of the two-packs.
If we know the links, the bots know the links. Having multiple shirt sizes won't stop the bots either. The sneaker and Funko retailers have already tried these methods. Hell, Funko had two different captchas on their site yesterday and still couldn't stop the bots for their SDCC sale.

The limit is one per customer I believe, but again, people have ways around that sadly. I expect instant sellouts again.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Misfit wrote:

If we know the links, the bots know the links. Having multiple shirt sizes won't stop the bots either. The sneaker and Funko retailers have already tried these methods. Hell, Funko had two different captchas on their site yesterday and still couldn't stop the bots for their SDCC sale.

The limit is one per customer I believe, but again, people have ways around that sadly. I expect instant sellouts again.
Yup, which is why I'm not getting my hopes up. If I am to have this set, I'll have to find it in-store. Thankfully, it's more of a "like to have" than a "must have" for me. I'll certainly give it a shot this afternoon on target's website, but I'm expecting a repeat of the Metalhead/Casey Jones sale from last week.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Misfit wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:13 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Misfit wrote:

Yup, which is why I'm not getting my hopes up. If I am to have this set, I'll have to find it in-store. Thankfully, it's more of a "like to have" than a "must have" for me. I'll certainly give it a shot this afternoon on target's website, but I'm expecting a repeat of the Metalhead/Casey Jones sale from last week.
Same. Disappointing to see retailers even try to combat the bots and nothing works. In addition to two captchas, Funko took their entire site offline until the minute the sale started, and only loaded the new products then. The limit was also one per customer.

It still didn't help, tons of people got multiples of everything. Lots of people got locked out of buying stuff as the site crashed from all the bot attempts.

If Funko is struggling to get this under control, I don't hold out any hope for Target, who likely doesn't care.
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:14 pm

I wonder if theses will be released in stores after they sellout online and everyone gets the unnecessary/useless schwag that adds to the cost.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:14 pm
I wonder if theses will be released in stores after they sellout online and everyone gets the unnecessary/useless schwag that adds to the cost.
They are getting released in store, and some stores were supposed to have them today, though it looks like no one has found anything. In store, the figures and the swag pack will be sold separately too. I'm guessing a lot of people are going to hunt these at Targets, see a box from afar and get real excited, only to find it's the swag box and not the figures.
bigsexy_j
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:38 pm

Well ordered a set (int) at release. Had some trouble with the check out button. Got confirmation from NECA and PayPal. About an hour later get a refund notice from PayPal. Wtf NECA, I ordered 1 but for some reason was cancelled
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:42 pm

bigsexy_j wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:38 pm
Well ordered a set (int) at release. Had some trouble with the check out button. Got confirmation from NECA and PayPal. About an hour later get a refund notice from PayPal. Wtf NECA, I ordered 1 but for some reason was cancelled
NECA went through and cancelled bot orders, I saw on Twitter if you feel your order was cancelled mistakenly that you need to contact them ASAP. It happened to a few people.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 pm

I'm sitting here ready to go and my lights just flickered off and on. We're having some thunderstorms up in the north east, this could be some pretty amazing timing (not that I expect it will matter in the long run) for the power to go out.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”