NECA: TMNT Video Game Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Video Game Inspired Line

Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:46 am

Joda wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:38 am
Misfit wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:26 am
Per Randy on Twitter, after Baxter is a Turtles in Time 2-pack. Pretty sure that will be a pirate boss battle...
I would have assumed it'd be the rock soldiers, since we saw the protos already?
They weren’t in Turtles in Time, though the generic rock soldier resembles Traag. Randy had teased Bebop and Rocksteady a few weeks back so that’s why I’m assuming that’s the two-pack.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:56 am

But no, we saw specific pixelated Turtles in Time deco'd rock soldiers before we ever knew we were getting the toon versions. Leatherhead at the same time, too.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:09 am

Misfit wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:46 am
Joda wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:38 am
Misfit wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:26 am
Per Randy on Twitter, after Baxter is a Turtles in Time 2-pack. Pretty sure that will be a pirate boss battle...
I would have assumed it'd be the rock soldiers, since we saw the protos already?
They weren’t in Turtles in Time, though the generic rock soldier resembles Traag. Randy had teased Bebop and Rocksteady a few weeks back so that’s why I’m assuming that’s the two-pack.
That makes sense.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:58 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:56 am
But no, we saw specific pixelated Turtles in Time deco'd rock soldiers before we ever knew we were getting the toon versions. Leatherhead at the same time, too.
I don’t think it’s the rock soldiers for the following random string of thought reasons:

1-Randy described it as an “amazing” two pack in the tweet... do near identical figures of C-List characters who spent weeks hunting down at Target but in the less-popular-for-no-good-reason pixel deco really count as “Amazing”... that would just prove former top level comedian/ current human pile of garbage Louie CK right that we use “Amazing” to describe such mundane things the word no longer means anything.

2-The tweet says it’s “An UltimateBaxter” and an “Amazing Two Pack”... why are the Rock Soldiers who have been “done” for years a secret but Baxter, who we only just saw in an progress shot of is identified?! If it said “an Ultimate Figure and An Amazing Two Pack”, maybe... but why not just say “Baxter and the Rock Soldiers”

3- there’s this tweet too, which list their fate as “TBD”, which sure! Maybe they got slotted into the slot after Baxter since TBD is only TBD until the determination is to be completed, but c’mon...

4- I mean, c’mon! That’s Randy speak for “Coming Soon”
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:12 am

I wonder if this "Ultimate" TiT Baxter will be comparable to the Super7 Baxter.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:52 am

Romaji wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:12 am
I wonder if this "Ultimate" TiT Baxter will be comparable to the Super7 Baxter.
I don’t think so. I think he’ll be comparable to Metalhead, except he’ll be Baxter. Bigger than the toon version with multiple effects pieces for the various guns he wields in the video game.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:12 am

And likely a few Mousers. You can see them in the background of the teaser pic they share during the comic con reveals.

And if I was betting, I would guess Pirate B&R for the two pack. It has been hinted at too strongly.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:18 am

Wonder if they would be new sculpts or fabric over the old ones like the loot crate ones.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:30 pm

I’m guessing a lot of parts reuse with pliable, rubbery, plastic over them where needed. I’d be surprised if they did soft good for Rocksteady’s jacket as it might be tough to do the pixel-deco with fabric (they didn’t attempt it with Shredder’s cape). Bebop actually looks like he should be pretty easy to convert as he mainly just needs a striped shirt, bandanna, and ripped pants. I wonder if they’ll redo his eyes though so if you flip the glasses up it looks like he’s taking damage and they’re popping out of his head.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:52 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:58 pm
1-Randy described it as an “amazing” two pack in the tweet... do near identical figures of C-List characters who spent weeks hunting down at Target but in the less-popular-for-no-good-reason pixel deco really count as “Amazing”... that would just prove former top level comedian/ current human pile of garbage Louie CK right that we use “Amazing” to describe such mundane things the word no longer means anything.
Fair point. Also, hilarious. ;)

Though, personally, I don't find either Rock Soldiers OR Pirate Bebop & Rocksteady to be particularly "amazing." But then, the only video game figures I've bought were because I liked their versions better than their cartoon offerings (LH/S).
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:24 am

I mean, what other Turtles in Time related 2 pack would be "amazing? Tokka and Rahza? Super Shredder (since apparently the one that came out already is only regular Shrdder) and Krang with the wings? I mean, Metal Head will probably be a standalone release, apparently Baxter is standalone, a pair of foot soldiers wouldn't be 'amazing', and I don't know anyone they could pair Rat King with to make an amazing 2 pack, other than mabe his vehicle... or the pizza monsters.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:27 am

Ooh, ooh, the raptors and pterodactyls from Slash's stage!

That was always my favorite level.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:58 am

Romaji wrote:Ooh, ooh, the raptors and pterodactyls from Slash's stage!

That was always my favorite level.
It could be a rock soldier 2-pack. One that comes with a bazooka and another that comes with a steel girder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:57 pm

BBTS now has the video game wave 2. Preorders are starting to ship!
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:45 pm

Any word on more releases for this line? Know I saw different color foot soldiers with different weapons. Hope those are not too far off, and hopefully come with hoverboards.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”