NECA: TMNT Video Game Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Video Game Series

Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:44 am

Randy says the colored Foot Soldiers are "not dead", so there's still hope for this line continuing, at least long enough to get some colored Foot Soldiers.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Basil Elks wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:41 pm
If this series ends, without us getting Tora & Shogun, I'll be very sad. :'(
The TMNT Video Game line is not ending just going on a hiatus, while they switch over to comic book stuff. If I remember correctly back in an interview with Trevor from Neca, it was stated that they have the rights to several versions of the TMNT. Due to the way that their contract is set up they can only do certain figures at certain retailers. Such as how the cartoons figures are exclusive to Target and movie related releases are exclusive to Wal-Mart. The specialty/online stores like BBTS would alternate between releases of toys based on the Video Games and the comics. It was said that after Baxter they would be switching to comic based releases for a time and then after that they'd go back to doing video game figures.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:01 pm

My gf & I finally made room & assembled the 1UP cabinet she bought me for my Birthday/Valentine's Day yesterday. I definitely need more Foot Soldiers. Actually, I need the rest of the cast including Krang with laser eyes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:09 pm

knightmare10880 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:21 pm
The TMNT Video Game line is not ending just going on a hiatus, while they switch over to comic book stuff.
The Mirage and IDW figures are my most wanted versions right now. I hope to see them soon and I would be thrilled if they are fan channel/online exclusives instead of Target or Walmart.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:47 pm

If they are switching focus over to comic Archie would be my most wanted.

I wish they would have made all the Tournament Fighters first though...
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:36 pm

My unfounded guess is that NECA is going to use Loot Crate for Tournament Fighters figures, but select ones that cross-over with Archie so they can re-release them in a comic deco as a general release item. I guess we'll find out in a year if there's any truth to that if the next round of Loot Crates features a Tournament Fighters Ray Fillet or something. It just wouldn't surprise me if they didn't view the full roster of the game as essential for release given the crossover with other iterations.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:50 am

Misfit wrote:
My unfounded guess is that NECA is going to use Loot Crate for Tournament Fighters figures, but select ones that cross-over with Archie so they can re-release them in a comic deco as a general release item. I guess we'll find out in a year if there's any truth to that if the next round of Loot Crates features a Tournament Fighters Ray Fillet or something. It just wouldn't surprise me if they didn't view the full roster of the game as essential for release given the crossover with other iterations.
The only one from the game without a crossover is Aska right?

I'm kinda hoping the next round of Lootcrates are her and especially Karai.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:23 pm

Slixta wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:50 am
Misfit wrote:
The only one from the game without a crossover is Aska right?

I'm kinda hoping the next round of Lootcrates are her and especially Karai.
Correct. Supposedly she was going to be Mitsuo from the third movie, but they decided to change that when the movie didn't perform as well as the prior two. As far as I know, she's never appeared outside of that game which would seem to make her a potential Loot Crate candidate. Especially because it's not as if the parts used to make her couldn't be reused elsewhere, even if the actual character only appeared in one place.
Logan622
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:26 pm

Freditor wrote:Damn, this guy is fun to pose!

There looks to be some stress marks/flaking on his crotch piece, similar to Rat King
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:01 pm

Package shots of Bebop and Rocksteady have arrived! Shouldn't be too much longer!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 pm

From a Mercari listing based in Texas:

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:58 pm

I want to love those guys but I'm just not feeling it.

I wish NECA would just pull the plug on the pixel deco and just make them look like the 87 Toon.

Hopefully when they finally start doing Tournament Fighters properly they'll drop it.

I really want a Karai that'll fit in with my Toon Turtles. (Aska too.)

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”