NECA: TMNT Movie Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Movie Line

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:07 am

I get people picking up an extra set for themselves, but wiping out a whole display reeks of shenanigans. WM should be putting limits on how many can be rung up. Or have them behind a counter and physically limit people. Guess a sale is just a sale, and they don't care if one person wipes out an entire display.
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Reminds me of Cobra Island when social media was full of entire displays ripped from the aisle.

"For the kids."
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 pm

In their defense, Walmart employees aren't paid enough to put up with this stuff. I do applaud the managers who do limit these things, but they're few and far between. My story had a happy ending though as my buddy was also out hunting and did manage to find them at another store, so he got his set (though his Donnie had a busted kneepad) and picked up a Shredder for me. I was only going to get Shadow Super Shredder if I could find him at retail. He's fine. I would have been all right missing him entirely, but the movie line is so small compared with the toon one that I don't mind having two big boy Shredders in my display.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:58 am

Oh, I don't really expect WM (or any retailer) to enforce restrictions on toys. There are certainly more essential or profitable items which require employee attention. Preordering online (or in store) may be the best solution. Not trying to enforce in-store purchases. The complication with this NECA TMNT stuff is the license restrictions. I do think the Turtle sets themselves are due for NECA online ordering at some point.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Randy keeps lightly shooting down pre-orders on the movie turtles for some reason. One would think that it would be a solid cure to this nonsense, but NECA seems to view the turtles as a gateway to get people into the store in hopes they'll buy other stuff. Though in reality, every Walmart I've been to has a barren NECA section save for maybe a Gremlin or a random Toony Terror. I'm assuming at some point this year they're going to start production on Secret of the Ooze turtles so hopefully at that point they make the first movie figures a pre-order for one last production run since they'll likely be out of production for at least a year, if not longer.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:38 pm

Hamato Yoshi tease from NECA:

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Misfit wrote:Hamato Yoshi tease from NECA:

Think im probably passing on this one. Feels very stand alone

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:44 pm

Yeah going to be a pass. I don’t need a character from a quick flashback sequence. This is stretching the line for me. Fine for anyone who’s die hard and this is an all time favorite movie but this is not necessary to me. Loot crate kid is at least a main character.

I don’t know what else they could put out from the movies that I’d actually be interested in. Besides April. I’d take a diorama of Raph in bathtub and sad Leo because it’s a great scene. Will be interesting to see what else they do to keep the movie line going.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:46 pm

I am a pass for now, but I’ll wait and see what the final set looks like and how it’s being released. If they put it up for preorder I’ll at least consider it, though with their shipping charges I’d probably pass like I did with the Foot two-pack. It’s almost certainly not something I’ll be chasing down.
samhain2731
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:16 am

Definitely not a pass for me :lol:
Can’t wait for more details.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:18 am

If I could walk into a Wal-Mart, and see it sitting there? Sure, I would bite for the novelty. Looks like a great figure.

But that will never happen. I have never seen a single TMNT set at Wal-Mart yet, including Shadow Shredder so far. The NECA sections at my store are one Gremlins or horror figure and that’s it.

So as an eBay exclusive I’d have to pay 2x or 3x retail on like almost all of my NECA exclusive TMNT? Most definitely a pass.

I wonder if they will ever dip into TMNT 3?
superdoug
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 am

I am known as being pretty carefree and laid back guy (even by my kids) but I have gotten to that sad state that when I read about a new action figure and see the words Walmart or Target exclusive I want to yell at the screen. On the bright side between TMNT and GI Joe’s Target and Walmart exclusives I have probably saved hundreds of dollars by missing out.

Thankfully this is one that I don’t feel I really need so I probably won’t even hunt for it at this point but
I probably would buy it in a heartbeat if I ever saw it in the store.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:47 am

Someone asked when we might see April and Neca said perhaps...April? Good to know she’s right around the corner.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:59 am

Finally scored a Super Shredder in Walmart last night, and it does not disappoint! It's always been a struggle to find these NECA TMNT figures.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:09 pm

Randy also indicated they want to do pre-orders for the Saki/Yoshi two-pack, but it hasn't been decided yet which is part of the reason why they've held off on doing a full reveal. I'm curious how that process works and my guess is he has to convince other folks at NECA to release it that way, be it marketing or his boss, unless it has something to do with this set being from the first movie and Walmart having some claim to that. I know with Tokka and Rahzar, that set was never offered to Walmart which is how they could just do it themselves. It's probably the same situation.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”