NECA: TMNT Movie Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Movie Line

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Misfit wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:20 pm
Anyone in NH or northern MA, brickseek is now showing stock at the Salem, NH Walmart for Shadow Super Shredder. This is the first "sighting" north of CT I've seen so it looks like they're finally moving into the area. I would assume they also got two-packs.
I can confirm that someone I know here in NH found the two packs and shredder today.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Good to know. Salem is a half hour from me so I never went and checked. If I really wanted the Shadow Shredder, I probably would have, but I'm going to see if he pops up at one of the two Walmarts that surround my town. If I miss out, I won't really mind as I'm perfectly content with the one from last year.
PSPS13
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 am

That Secret of the Ooze Shredder looks great!
After Yoshi and Saki, April, unmasked Casey...
I'm assuming the Turtles might be re-deco'd with paint schemes that match part 2 with new heads at some point in the future. Seems more and more likely.

Are the Loot Crate figures guaranteed never to be re-released? Still regret not knowing about the spirit of Splinter until it had been and gone.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Yeah, the Loot Crate figures are one and done. Some characters might see another release (Danny in a different shirt, Amraggon in comic colors, etc), but the figures as released by Loot Crate are not supposed to show up again. The only way I see something like Spirit Splinter getting a re-release is if Loot Crate were to go belly-up again and NECA said "screw it." Otherwise, the Loot Crate business model is predicated on the figures being exclusive to Loot Crate and it would undermine the business, as annoying as the whole thing is for collectors, to re-release anything.
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:40 pm

Just picked up the Shadow Master Shredder variant... and MAN! This is a really great figure! Glad I didn't let this one pass me by as he is a really fun figure to mess with. The only thing that would make this better right out of the box is if the cape was wired like Ming's was. But that should be an easy fix.
PSPS13
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Misfit wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm
Yeah, the Loot Crate figures are one and done. Some characters might see another release (Danny in a different shirt, Amraggon in comic colors, etc), but the figures as released by Loot Crate are not supposed to show up again. The only way I see something like Spirit Splinter getting a re-release is if Loot Crate were to go belly-up again and NECA said "screw it." Otherwise, the Loot Crate business model is predicated on the figures being exclusive to Loot Crate and it would undermine the business, as annoying as the whole thing is for collectors, to re-release anything.
Thanks for confirming.
Ah well, bit of a shame for me but I'm not gonna begrudge anybody lucky enough to have one (nor hope for a business' bad fortune!)
And I can't complain: got some absolutely dream figures I love with this line, didn't miss out on T&R nor the accessory set, and I've been much luckier in the UK in how I could access everything else than my fellow collectors across the seas. 1 miss isn't too bad in the scheme of things. He can just be added to the list of EBay purchases if I ever get a big payday, then.
GoldBlade6
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:40 am

MikeTRobot wrote:
Misfit wrote:
Anyone in NH or northern MA, brickseek is now showing stock at the Salem, NH Walmart for Shadow Super Shredder. This is the first "sighting" north of CT I've seen so it looks like they're finally moving into the area. I would assume they also got two-packs.
I can confirm that someone I know here in NH found the two packs and shredder today.
How many did they have? Enough that maybe they’re not sold out yet?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:27 pm

GoldBlade6 wrote:
MikeTRobot wrote:
Misfit wrote:
I know the Salem Walmart sold out in about a day. The other location was Seabrook and I would assume the same happened there.
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:18 pm

Misfit wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:27 pm
GoldBlade6 wrote:
MikeTRobot wrote:

I know the Salem Walmart sold out in about a day. The other location was Seabrook and I would assume the same happened there.
Ya, doesn't seem like they got as many as some Walmarts I've seen online.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:23 pm

I saw Shadow Shredder at my local collectibles store yesterday.

I don't want it. I don't want it. I don't want it. I don't want it.

If I do ever own it, that's the one I want. Like it was mentioned earlier, the first one looks too bright & gimmicky, like it's a video game deco (minus the pixels, obviously), or something. This one looks like what was in the movie. Also, the "cloth" is way more purple in person. All the photos make it look super desaturated, which was also a concern of mine. I want it purple, just not PURPLE, lol.

I didn't grab it, because while he usually has decent pricing (95% of everything I buy from him is below MSRP, and the cartoon sets he has are around $60-ish, which is spectacular if you can't find them at MSRP), it was higher than I'd want to spend on something I'm lukewarm about.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:07 am

The whole "this is what he looked like in the movie" conversation is JUST like the blue/brown Hoth Han Solo jacket debate. :lol:

Film lighting and color correction can play serious tricks on the color of a prop or costume. :mrgreen:
GuruAskew
CROM!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:16 am

I don’t think there are wildly different-looking versions of the movies floating around out there though. In the US there was one DVD version. There is only one Blu-ray version. I’m pretty sure the same VHS transfer was used til the end of the format. They get repackaged all the time but they’re the same discs.

The costume was purple and he looks purple in the movie, both before the mutation and after. The figure is movie-accurate. If you prefer the look of the shadow variant then good for you. If you haven’t watched the movie in nearly 30 years and you prefer the false memory version that actually bears no resemblance to the movie and you feel that the variant is a closer approximation then you’re in luck, but you can’t really argue that it looks more like the movie because it doesn’t. That’s a fact. He’s under a pier. It’s dark. He’s heavily shadowed. You can still tell his clothes are the same purple color that he wore for the duration of the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:25 am

Thought I was on Facebook for a minute.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:06 am

Still looking for the Turtles themselves. WM are only on the outskirts of L.A. and just aren't convenient to travel to. Too far to travel on a whim. There's one WM near where I work, but it's a smaller location and doesn't carry NECA product. However, on Brickseek I saw the 2pks pop into stock at this location. Went over there to find 2 Splinter/Shredder packs, which were marked down to $36. I wonder if this store is going to start getting the TMNT stuff.

Saw another store ~25 miles away get stock in for the 2pks. Took a chance and went up there this morning. Got there about 15 minutes after opening. Another collector was buying 2 sets of the Turtles (one to open and one to get MIB) and a stealth Super Shredder. The electronics guy went into the back looking for more but didn't find anything else. So that was a wasted trip.

I'm hoping NECA puts up the Turtle 2pks some time this year. I don't think they've offered them yet via their site.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:38 pm

I had a wasted trip myself this morning. I’m just trying to help my buddy get a set, since I have one from the SDCC set a few years ago. Brickseek showed Super Shredder yesterday, checked it out and they had nothing. Figuring they were on a truck to go out this morning, I went back. Got there a little after 8:30 and saw nothing anywhere. As I’m leaving, I see the green display cardboard things full of turtles by the customer service register in self check-out. I go to investigate and there’s a guy buying them all. He had just grabbed the whole display. He said they were for his friends, and it’s not like I was in a position to not believe him since I was literally looking to do the same. He had 9 boxes, more Raph/Mike than Leo/Don from what I could tell. Never did see a Super Shredder, which surprised me, unless he had those bagged already. The tracker did update to “out of stock” after I left so I guess I should have got there at 8.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”