NECA: TMNT Movie Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Movie Series

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:07 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:55 am
Have there been any hints or rumors about a possible re-release of Tokka & Rhazar (movie versions, not the cartoon look)? Or is that ship long sailed?
As long as NECA has the TMNT license, everything will get rereleased in due time. But with the rate of inflation, they will only go up in MSRP with each reissue.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:02 pm

If movie T+R don't get reissued, you can always hope for a videogame version. Would be the same sculpts, just with that videogame paint scheme.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:02 am

citysushi wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:02 pm
If movie T+R don't get reissued, you can always hope for a videogame version. Would be the same sculpts, just with that videogame paint scheme.
I think they will be based off the cartoon sculpts. Only way NECA and double dip. Movie T&R will make their money back from straight up reissues.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:10 am

The NECA Turtles from movie one in individual boxes are on sale at an Aussie retailer, so i just wanted a quick assessment of how they are without reading 150 pages! :P Is the articulation good, or limited. Any QC issues? I say they're on sale, but we're still talking about $200 AUD, so it isn't CHEAP.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:20 am

The Scream Man wrote:
The NECA Turtles from movie one in individual boxes are on sale at an Aussie retailer, so i just wanted a quick assessment of how they are without reading 150 pages! :P Is the articulation good, or limited. Any QC issues? I say they're on sale, but we're still talking about $200 AUD, so it isn't CHEAP.

I like them, if that means anything. My quick thoughts are that they're probably a bit more poseable/mobile than you'd expect in certain regions, like they've got a tilty upper torso and good head movement. But they're not doing deep crouches and I've never gotten even a full 90 degree bend in the elbows. Not saying they can't do it, but if they can it's nerve-wracking and looks likely to shred the soft elbow pads. I'd say the best I get from them is a little less than 90 degrees. Leo doesn't have up-down wrist hinges because NECA hates me.

So... they get into some good, fun poses, but they're not as poseable as basically any other collector-oriented toys I collect. They do make up for that, however, by being absolutely beautiful. They've spent a lot of time in my collection downstairs in the living room and have always been a conversation piece no matter who comes in.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:20 am

The Scream Man wrote:

QC wise I’d say they have a pretty good reputation. They’re not likely to break or fall apart and the joints are typically at a good tolerance. The only consistent issue I’ve seen is with the eyes, in particular Raph. His eye slits are pretty thin and sometimes his eyes wind up misaligned. You also probably don’t want to go too crazy with the ropes on Mikey’s chuks.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:30 am

The Walmart I work at got in at least 3 of the turtles and Splinter/Shredder sets
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Thanks for the advice, fellas :)
Jett
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:05 pm

Gonna throw this out there in the hopes that someone can help...if anyone comes across 1 each of the movie turtle 2 packs I would be forever in your debt. I'm only missing the turtle boys from what I consider my definitive TMNT movie collection. In fact I've been building a movie collection for the last couple of years and never added the actual turtles themselves as I've never once seen them in a store. I have stopped myself from buying those knockoff aliexpress movie turtles a bunch of times in the hopes I would finally see them in store or they would get offered online but local to me all the Walmarts have are Splinter/Shredder packs and Foot Soldier packs.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:36 am

My Gamestop Leo's ankles suck. He's my favorite Turtle, and feels like the most fragile weapons, and he takes dives off the shelf frequently. Sticky tack does nothing to prevent it. Leaning him backward does nothing to prevent it. Don't wanna stick any of the Turtles behind anyone. :|

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk

Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
My Gamestop Leo's ankles suck. He's my favorite Turtle, and feels like the most fragile weapons, and he takes dives off the shelf frequently. Sticky tack does nothing to prevent it. Leaning him backward does nothing to prevent it. Don't wanna stick any of the Turtles behind anyone. :|

Hm. Try posing him with a wider stance with one foot slightly forward and the other to the side? I like to pose problem figures that way. Or you could put him down on one knee -- or, since it's Leo, sitting down meditating. :)
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:02 pm

I saw the Foot Soldier 2-pack for the first time ever at my Walmart this morning! Where were you when I ordered a bunch from NECA months ago?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:38 pm

TENIME_art wrote:

Heat the ankle, pinch the plastic together to squeeze the joint more. Or when in doubt add a dab of super glue to the area
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:15 pm

https://youtu.be/y1b1zPlKeQQ

First review I’ve seen on the Farmhouse 2pack
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:17 pm

Seeing that video makes me even more annoyed that Walmart canceled my preorder.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”