NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Cartoon Wave

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:52 am

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 am
So I'm very curious if it'd be worth ordering a Rat King and Vernon to see if this (I assume) future shipment of the set fixes the Rat King's crotch rot.
I know, I was tempted by that thought too.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 pm

Brickseek showed 4 of the Pinball Loot Crates @ my local Walmart last night so I went hunting. They were not in the collectibles aisle so I had an employee look them up on the their scanner. Turns out they were on a random back endcap with Super Shredder & some Batarangs. I was quite shocked since my Walmart never receives this stuff.
bricknator
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:00 pm

After some debate I think I'd like a third Pizza Monster. Emailed NECA CS this morning to see if they'd frown upon adding a third to next Friday's order. We'll see if they answer.
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:30 pm

I've decided to put some items on ebay I've been on the fence about selling or not as I really want pizza monsters.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:10 pm

The Pizza monsters look cool, but it's not something I need to have, so I can easily pass on them.

I don't think I need Irma either, but depending on who/what she comes with, it might be worth an order.
superdoug
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 pm

bricknator wrote:
After some debate I think I'd like a third Pizza Monster. Emailed NECA CS this morning to see if they'd frown upon adding a third to next Friday's order. We'll see if they answer.
Let us know what they say because I would really like a third one too.
GuruAskew
CROM!

NECA TMNT Cartoon Wave

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:00 pm

I ordered 2 and my friend ordered 2 and I had my sister order 2 so we could each have the episode-accurate group of 3. I sent her the money via Paypal and she was like “I’m having them shipped to your house” and I was like $%@&#

They certainly should have upped the limit to 3. Since they’re obviously using the made-to-order model there is no reason to have any limit of any kind. It’s certainly going to be bullshit if they cancel my order for ordering 4 when they have a pic of a group of 4 on the product page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bricknator

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:18 pm

superdoug wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 pm
bricknator wrote:
Let us know what they say because I would really like a third one too.
Will do, if they respond.

My backup plan to get a third is to send next Friday's order to my nearby mother-in-law under a different account/payment/etc. Not ideal but the only way to be sure.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:22 pm

One of the nearby Walmarts is showing the pinball set in stock, but it's the one I don't really want to drive to.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:04 pm

Are the Pizza Monsters made-to-order or are they also coming to Target? I'm assuming they're coming to Target as well, but these preorders are just a first dibs offering.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Ash Talon wrote:Are the Pizza Monsters made-to-order or are they also coming to Target? I'm assuming they're coming to Target as well, but these preorders are just a first dibs offering.
Made to order

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GuruAskew
CROM!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:30 pm

I think they might be something Target passed on. The release model is unlike anything they’ve done with the Target-exclusive figures and the characters are the most obscure of the full line which would fit with Target not wanting to stock them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bricknator

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:50 pm

^ That's what I've been thinking. If these sell decently well then they may lead to more obscure characters/items sold directly.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:03 pm

First review for the Turtles in disguise 4-pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ2Vk5wfPQ4

Gotta be honest... I'm not really a fan. They look a lot glossier, the head looks too big/wide and sits too high up.

I also dislike how the lines from the corners of the mouth seem to continue to the top of the nose (on some of the faces).
Huge plus (we already knew this but I guess now it's confirmed): they fixed the ankle articulation. They now have proper rockers.

Pretty sure I'm still getting them (since I wanted a second set of these figures anyway) but I definitely prefer the wave 1 Turtles. Just my opinion of course, I just prefer my Turtles with an angry, battle ready face.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:40 pm

That dude apparently doesn’t understand wrist hinges for sword wielders. Also looks like the elbows are still single joints. I think the wider head is more show accurate to everything post season one, and if it’s a little too wide I’ll still take it over just the odd head shape of the originals. I can’t decide if the head sits too high or the shell too low, I feel like we should see more shell. And I do dislike that glossy finish. It’s just weird because it’s so out of place in a line that’s very matte because of all the paint use. Hopefully it’s not as apparent when not under lights.

I still think they look like an improvement over the first release. The trench coats turned out nice too, which is almost a shame because I don’t know if I’ll use them. Now the new “grail” will be for season one/original intro accurate turtles that have the actual beaks.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”