NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
superdoug
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: NECA TMNT Cartoon Wave

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:54 pm

Misfit wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:38 pm
I think they got up to as many as 3, maybe more, haven't watched it in awhile. It's easy to find streaming for free online though, if anyone is curious

Three is what I remember but I could be off. I was actually going to buy 3 too until I saw the limit. Wish they had made it 3 for these. If it is an open ended preorder I don’t know why they limit the amount. I totally understand if it is a set production run though.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:38 pm

I got two, and I'm already having buyer's remorse. :lol: We're all so conditioned for scarcity now, the minute things drop, it's like "Look's awesome! Gotta buy now before it disappears!". :rolleyes:
deadpool7
Super Poseable

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm

Got one Pizza Monster! Loving that Irma tease. Fingers crossed for an Irma/Rex 1 set!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:56 pm

They look great, but not "whittle away at my toy budget and buy things I don't even remember from childhood" great. I am envious though, because all said and done the completists that manage to get everything in the cartoon line are going to have one hell of an epic cohesive display on their hands that will be the envy of toy collectors for decades to come.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 pm

superdoug wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:54 pm
Misfit wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:38 pm
I think they got up to as many as 3, maybe more, haven't watched it in awhile. It's easy to find streaming for free online though, if anyone is curious

Three is what I remember but I could be off. I was actually going to buy 3 too until I saw the limit. Wish they had made it 3 for these. If it is an open ended preorder I don’t know why they limit the amount. I totally understand if it is a set production run though.
Yup, I stand corrected. Rewatched the episode, there's 3 of them. Also reminded me how much I want a human Baxter Stockman. And Irma.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Was at Target for the first time in a while. It doesn't look like a rep has been there to restock since before the last time I went. They still had the tags for the restocked TMNT sets, and no Rat King/Vernon tag, and of course, no Disguise set.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:59 pm

TENIME_art wrote:Threeps & I just realized that because the preorders stay up for 10 days, but the preorders go up every 7, you can conceivably wait & get weeks 2 & 3 together. But that's still $30 in shipping, lol.
This depends on if it’s that thing Neca likes to do where there’s a preorder window but they do have a limit on how many preorders they accept and they sell out before then. But if it does work yeah I would like to combine weeks 2 & 3. This first week is safety and see how it works. I’d still like to know if these will end up in store. Exclusive toon figures on their site would seem like a break of the target deal. Need them to do a new release schedule like they used to do.
GuruAskew
CROM!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:14 pm

They’ve already had exclusive cartoon figures in the loot crates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:16 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:00 am
Lol if this were a figure I wanted, I wouldn't have even posted until I got back from the store.

I think someone here was keen on the idea of splitting the box with me, but I'm not caring enough to run out in a storm to spend $50 on a shirt I'll definitely wear & a hat I might wear occasionally during the winter (which is pretty much over here).
Yeah seeing the final Shredder I decided I don't want it. I was hoping for a cape that wasn't soft goods, but it was so hard to tell from the initial tiny pic that leaked.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:17 pm

Really excited that Irma is coming!

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:18 pm

Slixta wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:16 pm
Yeah seeing the final Shredder I decided I don't want it. I was hoping for a cape that wasn't soft goods, but it was so hard to tell from the initial tiny pic that leaked.
Oh no, you're good, I don't blame you, lol.
Thatman
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:04 pm

Honestly, Irma's the last figure I really want from this line....they've already covered everyone else that's a "need" for me - so definitely psyched to see she's coming.

The only other character I think I'd might want, but can live without, would be Usagi - but I don't know if there's a rights thing with him.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:17 pm

Thatman wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:04 pm
Honestly, Irma's the last figure I really want from this line....they've already covered everyone else that's a "need" for me - so definitely psyched to see she's coming.

The only other character I think I'd might want, but can live without, would be Usagi - but I don't know if there's a rights thing with him.
I'm pretty sure they've said on Twitter they are either working on that, or have already secured the rights?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 pm

Brian Flynn confirmed they had Usagi when he did the Fwooshcast last year, though in a more recent interview he was a bit more coy. I don't know if anyone from NECA has come out and said they did get that deal done for certain, I know it's been discussed though. Honestly, it doesn't seem like anyone affiliated with TMNT has ever had any trouble licensing the character so I think it's a safe assumption he'll get made. The fact that we made it past Easter though without a tease might indicate he's still a little ways off though.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:26 pm

Usagi is probably SDCC exclusive for this year.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”