NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Well, we're back! Currently, everyone is seeking Casey Jones and the Foot Two-pack as well as Metalhead. My local Targets in Norther Massachusetts are still barren. Hopefully, some of you had better success during the forum outage.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: NECA Cartoon Wave

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Board won't permit me to edit the first post, but here's a refresher of where we're at and what's to come:

This line is currently exclusive to Target stores. Upcoming figures include:

Casey Jones and Slash Foot - Out now
Metalhead Deluxe Figure - Out now
April O'Neil and Bashed Foot - 8/6 or 8/20
Slash and Leatherhead - 8/6 or 8/20
Bebop and Rocksteady Re-stock - 9/3

Splinter and Baxter the Fly - Q3
General Traag and Granitor - Q3
Triceration Solider with 2 Roadkill Rodney - Q3
Captain Zarax and Lt. Zork - Q3
Krand Android Body Deluxe figure - September

Rat King and Vernon - 2021
Mondo Gecko and Muckman (w/ Joe Eyeball) - 2021

Quarter Scale Raphael - Q3
Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo - TBD
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks for the schedule update! Looking forward these sooo much!
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:03 pm

I found one Casey set in CT on Tuesday. No Metalhead. I usually check Walmart on my lunch break, then Target after work. That may have been a mistake. No sign of the Turtles or anything new at my home store.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Can I request the OP change the thread to include “TMNT”? It would help identify it in Tapatalk, since it doesn’t show the sub forum depending on your view.
terp_fan99
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:11 pm

My Target had one Casey and one Metalhead. I was going to give up on this line, but looks like I'm still in. I really only want April, Splinter, Rocksteady, and Bebop going forward though. Oh and Android Krang.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:23 pm

september_death wrote:
Can I request the OP change the thread to include “TMNT”? It would help identify it in Tapatalk, since it doesn’t show the sub forum depending on your view.
Something is still up with the boards and editing posts appears to be unavailable.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: NECA TMNT Cartoon Wave

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:23 pm

Misfit wrote:
september_death wrote:
Something is still up with the boards and editing posts appears to be unavailable.
It worked though. Thanks!
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Got my April & Casey 2-packs in the mail today! Slash & Leatherhead should arrive next week.
I'm a European collector, bought these on ebay.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Casey looks nice, April is...a pleasant shade of yellow. I was hoping CMD Store would be receiving stock at the same time as the UK, if not sooner given Canada's proximity to NECA, but it doesn't seem like that has happened.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 pm

Misfit wrote:
Casey looks nice, April is...a pleasant shade of yellow. I was hoping CMD Store would be receiving stock at the same time as the UK, if not sooner given Canada's proximity to NECA, but it doesn't seem like that has happened.
Just my opinion of course, but April looks much better in person. Still not as good as the second prototype... but not as bad as those promo pics by NECA.

Even though my figures came with their share of (minor) QC issues, I'm still very happy with them. And I'm still all-in when it comes to the cartoon line, I'm getting everything that was shown at SDCC.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:04 pm

Freditor wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 pm
Misfit wrote:
Just my opinion of course, but April looks much better in person. Still not as good as the second prototype... but not as bad as those promo pics by NECA.

Even though my figures came with their share of (minor) QC issues, I'm still very happy with them. And I'm still all-in when it comes to the cartoon line, I'm getting everything that was shown at SDCC.
I'm all-in as well. It's April, so she's pretty essential. I've been going out daily to hunt Casey and Metalhead, if I were to find them I'd probably stop doing that until Slash/Leatherhead arrive. If I see her two-pack while looking for others, I'll get it, and if not then I'll hope CMD Store comes through for me.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 pm

Yeah, I hope everyone in the US can get their hands on these figures. I know it's been a bit rough with these releases...
If it helps: this is the first time we had it this easy to get our hands on these figures. Wave 1 hit my country 9 months after the US release. And even when they hit domestically, we're paying more than you guys. I paid 72 euro for all the wave 1 figures (about 83 dollars).

Something unrelated: I know some people are considering switching to Super7 for their TMNT fix. There's a review on YouTube for Raphael and honestly... he doesn't look that good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2nAMOvI1M&t=14s
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:09 pm

April's head...just isn't good. Or at least, her face isn't good. She almost looks like a factory screw-up. Reminds me of Scarlet Mitch.
KarlSpace
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Freditor wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 pm
Something unrelated: I know some people are considering switching to Super7 for their TMNT fix. There's a review on YouTube for Raphael and honestly... he doesn't look that good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2nAMOvI1M&t=14s
I've watched that review a few times, and I'm glad I have the 3 turtles shown so far on preorder. Even with the lacking articulation, I find myself much more interested in the 4hm sculpts from Super7. Looking at the new Muckman reveal from NECA, it's just so soft. I realize it's the cartoon style, but I may only be getting the main cast from the cartoon line, and sticking to Super7 for the more interesting mutants. There's something about the Super7 sculpts that just seem more toyetic and dynamic.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”