NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:52 pm

So does anyone know if that Usagi is episode specific? Or is this something that was thought up by NECA? (like they've done with the Fred Wolf inspired Last Ronin that was teased at SDCC)
Also: love that alt head for Mona Lisa!

mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:04 pm

Only thing I'm seeing there that I want is Mona Lisa. The gang is cool but I'm not feeling the need to complete it (I do have the other three). I'd still love to see Wyrm and Tattoo but I'm not holding my breath.

I do hope they show the van. I didn't order one but I'm curious to see if they fixed that awful roof.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:12 pm

Man, who on the TMNT cartoon line just hates Tempestra that they would rather do the gang members and characters not even in the cartoon before her.
TinkerersAssistant02
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:47 pm

Freditor wrote:
So does anyone know if that Usagi is episode specific? Or is this something that was thought up by NECA? (like they've done with the Fred Wolf inspired Last Ronin that was teased at SDCC)

Usagi was only in two episodes and didn't have that look at all on the show.

Tempestra and Tattoo remain my biggest unrevealed wants after this new stuff.
Guardianmonkey
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:51 pm

TinkerersAssistant02 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:47 pm
Freditor wrote:

Usagi was only in two episodes and didn't have that look at all on the show.

Tempestra and Tattoo remain my biggest unrevealed wants after this new stuff.
It's a version of Space Usagi from the comics:
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:52 pm

They gotta get their money's worth on that Usagi license somehow.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Misfit wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:52 pm
They gotta get their money's worth on that Usagi license somehow.
And I have absolutely no issue with that :lol:
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Man.... Imma have to buy that Space Usagi. That is such a cool look.

Also... no idea who it is but the bug guy on the top shelf is a definite buy. And the blue skinned samurai. Those are the 3 figures I am excited for from this display and I don't even know who two of them are.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:32 pm

Haha what the hell, I don’t remember the hulk frog. But I’m down, I love it.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:09 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:32 pm
Haha what the hell, I don’t remember the hulk frog. But I’m down, I love it.
Yeah, neither did I. It's from the season 5 episode "Napoleon Bonafrog: Colossus of the Swamps". Looks cool as hell so I'm down too.
Nothing
CROM!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:11 pm

Freditor wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:22 am
Nothing wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:59 am
Tho I will admit, it is really kind of weird that we haven't been getting more releases of them since the original 2-packs dried up 3 or 4 years ago was it?
Well, they did release the Turtles in Disguise set since then. And people are still spotting those in Targets. They were also up on costumes.com a few months back. So I guess the dark green Turtles (which I agree look much better than the style guide ones) are still kinda in rotation.
I'm aware; I didn't think that set looked very appealing. Probably should have mentioned it in that preceding post tho.

Especially not for a NiB / boxed collector. I believe that the two-pack windowed boxes of the original turtles were MUCH more appealing to the average buyer. Really don't understand why they went away from those completely.

Just to raise pent up demand and price points I suppose. Seeing as they went to 4-packs-only.
Nothing
CROM!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:14 pm

That's the gateway drug. The original 2-pack turtles and Shredder. Knowing myself, there has to be many buyers on the fence and admiring these animated figures but unwilling to commit bc they can never find any of the original turtles. Seems like a pretty obvious problem to me, an oversight by Neca, with all the pegwarming packs of Wingnut and surfer frogs.

My closest store has looked like this more or less for most of the year. 80% of these packs are not hard to find in the least. The in-demand stuff sells out quickly but there's always additional (minor) restocks. If you keep checking, you'll find it a month or two later.

People aren't buying tertiary, expensive deluxe sets in this economy. Same goes for all adult / Hasbro toys. We have to take our time, pick and choose. We're in the 'Golden Age' of mass market (non-designer) toy collecting and have lots of product offerings to choose from.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:20 pm

I like the human gang figures. Sorry, I'm not well versed on the show. They look cool, since we never really get human thugs in lines. But having the one guy buried behind Loot Crate just makes the idea of assembling them moot for me.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:22 pm

Nothing wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:11 pm
Freditor wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:22 am
Nothing wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:59 am
Tho I will admit, it is really kind of weird that we haven't been getting more releases of them since the original 2-packs dried up 3 or 4 years ago was it?

Well, they did release the Turtles in Disguise set since then. And people are still spotting those in Targets. They were also up on costumes.com a few months back. So I guess the dark green Turtles (which I agree look much better than the style guide ones) are still kinda in rotation.
I'm aware; I didn't think that set looked very appealing. Probably should have mentioned it in that preceding post tho.

Especially not for a NiB / boxed collector. I believe that the two-pack windowed boxes of the original turtles were MUCH more appealing to the average buyer. Really don't understand why they went away from those completely.

Just to raise pent up demand and price points I suppose. Seeing as they went to 4-packs-only.
Why do you think it's less appealing for boxed collectors? Seems a whole lot more interesting to me than the 2-packs:

Don't get me wrong, I have the wave 1 2-pack Turtles and I think I still prefer the head sculpts on those compared to the TiD Turtles (though I don't have those yet). But if I was a boxed collector, I would definitely prefer the TiD packaging.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:13 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:20 pm
I like the human gang figures. Sorry, I'm not well versed on the show. They look cool, since we never really get human thugs in lines. But having the one guy buried behind Loot Crate just makes the idea of assembling them moot for me.
Yeah, it's weird to see them doing the rest of the gang when the most recognizable is stuck behind the Loot Crate wall. If Loot Crate is dying, then maybe NECA won't feel like it needs to protect the exclusives they did through it and just releases Scrag again. Then again, the only people interested in the rest of the gang probably bought Scrag through Loot Crate anyway so maybe it's a moot point. I'm just curious how they get released. They'd die at retail, so maybe NECA just sells them through their website? They also won't be able to cleanly change into their mutated forms due to their design so I wonder if that's coming. If so, they should have just planned for two-packs where it's the human form paired with the mutated one. Or maybe they're released only in human form with Scrag as two-packs and the only thing that remains exclusive to Loot Crate are Scrag's bat parts.

One of my Twitter mutuals was able to stop by the booth and ask some questions. Sounds like we may see some more stuff tomorrow if FedEx comes through:

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”