NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:54 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:46 am
SalemCrow wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:59 am
He shouldn't have "shiny" swords in this release, because he's an animated figure. :wink:

I'm sure we'll get another version for the comic lines.
Is he totally different in the comics? i didnt even know there was a comic of him.
Great, now i gotta spend more money on another usagi
Oh yeah, he's from his own comic called Usagi Yojimbo. The character's name is actually Miyamoto Usagi, but he ended up getting called Usagi Yojimbo in TMNT and now most of the world associates him with that name. There was a crossover with the TMNT comics in the 80s which lead to a toy in the Playmates line, appearances in the cartoon, and the rest is history, I guess.

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:55 pm

Misfit wrote:
Night Wolf wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:59 am
He shouldn't have "shiny" swords in this release, because he's an animated figure. :wink:

I'm sure we'll get another version for the comic lines.
Is he totally different in the comics? i didnt even know there was a comic of him.
Oh yeah, he's from his own comic called Usagi Yojimbo. The character's name is actually Miyamoto Usagi, but he ended up getting called Usagi Yojimbo in TMNT and now most of the world associates him with that name. There was a crossover with the TMNT comics in the 80s which lead to a toy in the Playmates line, appearances in the cartoon, and the rest is history, I guess.

Oh shit, so he is not really from TMNT? he is a stand alone comic. i like ihm even more now for that !!!!!!...........i did not know that. thanks for the info Misfit.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:58 am

super glued (Loctite gel) the bum leg that my usagi came with. I can still bend the knee, move the hip & feet, just cant spin it.

FYI: the Usagi robe fits perfectly on Storm Mike Tyson, you're welcome.
Tenement Funster
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:14 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:55 pm
Misfit wrote:
Night Wolf wrote:

Oh shit, so he is not really from TMNT? he is a stand alone comic. i like ihm even more now for that !!!!!!...........i did not know that. thanks for the info Misfit.
Bro, you gotta read those comics! They're cheap online and def entertaining. Panda Kahn is sorta a character too. Or at least an inspiration!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:08 am

FYI: if you have the Street fighter vs. Tekken mini arcade coin bank, it fits perfect with Usagi
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 am

Misfit wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:02 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm
I bought the Turtles in Disguise set today and am pretty blown away by it. Love all the variety with the heads/facial expressions, the hats, the coats, the pants. So much value packed into this set!

One big UH-OH on my particular set..........it came packaged with no Raphael sais! The set was new and sealed so I think it's a factory error. So a couple of questions:

Does NECA have a customer service email I can contact. I know this is a long shot. I bought it second hand and since it was sealed and new I figure contacting the guy I bought it from is a waste of time.

OR

Does anyone happen to have an extra pair of animated Raphael sais???
You can try [email protected]. I wouldn't mention that you bought it secondhand, just say you recently acquired the set and when you opened it the sais were missing. They might ask where you bought it after that, or just say you're being added to a list or something.
They may or may not ever help you. They rarely respond to emails and when they do, they pledge to address the problem without any followup.
Xaero Gravity
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:09 am

I've never gotten help from NECA. Last time I contacted them was over a year ago about my broken Bebop, they said I'd be put on a list but never took my information and ghosted me whenever I followed up lol.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:11 pm

They've always helped me when I contacted them. A couple times it's taken some time for that help, but I would eventually get the part/whatever I needed.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:47 pm

Xaero Gravity wrote:
I've never gotten help from NECA. Last time I contacted them was over a year ago about my broken Bebop, they said I'd be put on a list but never took my information and ghosted me whenever I followed up lol.
Same thing happened to me, but I followed up and they responded right away and sent out my replacement parts. I'd follow up
Popoman
CROM?

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:21 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Xaero Gravity wrote:
Same thing happened to me, but I followed up and they responded right away and sent out my replacement parts. I'd follow up
I followed up several times about my Donatello with the wrong kneecaps, got the same "you'll be put on a list" response every time. It's been more than a year at this point and I just bought another Turtles in Disguise set and took out the turtle I needed, put the mismatched one in the package, and sold it on ebay WITH A DISCLAIMER and photos of the mismatched figure. Ended up breaking even on the set but I really wish NECA had just helped me out.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:49 pm

Managed to get myself an android Krang at a good price. And snapped off one of his feet!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:30 pm

Blingoman wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
Xaero Gravity wrote:
I followed up several times about my Donatello with the wrong kneecaps, got the same "you'll be put on a list" response every time. It's been more than a year at this point and I just bought another Turtles in Disguise set and took out the turtle I needed, put the mismatched one in the package, and sold it on ebay WITH A DISCLAIMER and photos of the mismatched figure. Ended up breaking even on the set but I really wish NECA had just helped me out.
I'm still waiting on my replacement Baxter head from NECA. Mine arrived without glasses. They indicated one would be sent out, but that was back on August 25th. I've tried following up, but I get an automated response that they're dealing with a high volume of emails, but thankfully they tell me what to do if I'm waiting on a Metalhead or Super Shredder order! I've never had any luck getting replacement parts from them (diorama satellite dish, Leonardo foot), but I was able to exchange a Pizza Monster last year so I've had mixed results. I was hopeful the Baxter head would actually ship sort of quickly since it was a convention exclusive and if they have any parts for it I assumed they wouldn't last long. Now I just wish they offered to exchange the whole set.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:18 pm

The first week of Geekapalooza (or whatever it was called), I brought a Usagi with a missing foot to the girl in electronics. She said she would give it to the rep on her next visit. She even knew it was a neca branded item without reading the box. It recently ended up back on the shelf. I tried...
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:34 pm

mrboshek wrote:The first week of Geekapalooza (or whatever it was called), I brought a Usagi with a missing foot to the girl in electronics. She said she would give it to the rep on her next visit. She even knew it was a neca branded item without reading the box. It recently ended up back on the shelf. I tried...
There’s no helping sometimes. I took a swapped marvel legends figure to customer service once explaining the deal…next day back on the shelf with a clearance tag taking off $3. Waste of energy. Now I just say that sucks and move on when I see stuff like that.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:42 pm

Misfit wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:30 pm
Blingoman wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:

I'm still waiting on my replacement Baxter head from NECA. Mine arrived without glasses. They indicated one would be sent out, but that was back on August 25th. I've tried following up, but I get an automated response that they're dealing with a high volume of emails, but thankfully they tell me what to do if I'm waiting on a Metalhead or Super Shredder order! I've never had any luck getting replacement parts from them (diorama satellite dish, Leonardo foot), but I was able to exchange a Pizza Monster last year so I've had mixed results. I was hopeful the Baxter head would actually ship sort of quickly since it was a convention exclusive and if they have any parts for it I assumed they wouldn't last long. Now I just wish they offered to exchange the whole set.
They got back to me on the hand when I sent a follow up email and they said they were waiting for the warehouse to get the replacements. So I guess it's just waiting at the moment.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”