NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:49 pm

I'm personally hoping we get another set of heads for the disguise turtles. Maybe with "beaks" like the intro/first couple of episodes.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:04 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:49 pm
I'm personally hoping we get another set of heads for the disguise turtles. Maybe with "beaks" like the intro/first couple of episodes.
Yeah, that's a huge want for me as well. Maybe some gritting teeth or open mouths with the teeth showing.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:27 pm

Misfit wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:18 pm
mattmurdog wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:20 pm
AgentLionel wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:19 pm
So the accessory pack won't include the portal, or the little turtles... what do you guys think will be in there? Aside from Rocksteady's hat. I'm guessing maybe Big MACC will be part of a two pack with the turtle tots? The toon turtle line has had 10 times the releases as the movie lines have, and each figure has already come packed with accessories.

Will it be mainly stuff to flesh out the sewer play sets?
Pretty sure they said MACC will be part of that accessory pack.
That piece of info came from that Speeky Geeky channel which also reported the Turtle Tots being in the same pack, which has been debunked, basically, so I don't know how trustworthy that info is/was. Could be someone at NECA just gave him the wrong info on the Turtles, or they changed it up between SDCC and Power Con. I certainly hope he's in that set and not taking up real estate in a two-pack.
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
AgentLionel wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:19 pm
So the accessory pack won't include the portal, or the little turtles... what do you guys think will be in there? Aside from Rocksteady's hat. I'm guessing maybe Big MACC will be part of a two pack with the turtle tots? The toon turtle line has had 10 times the releases as the movie lines have, and each figure has already come packed with accessories.

Will it be mainly stuff to flesh out the sewer play sets?
Has there been any talk regarding when that accessory pack is supposed to be released or what exactly will be in it? Rocksteady needs his helmet. :lol:
Randy has only floated "fall" as for when the accessory set will go up for preorder, which means it probably won't be released until sometime next year.
A fall pre-order and next year delivery is okay by me. I can be patient with this line. It's taken some time to get the figures I've wanted as is do to problems with availability. A little waiting is good for the soul. :lol:
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:18 am

Maximoff wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:10 pm
I really hope the top of the Sewer Lair has notches for the city to slot into or something.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:56 am

I assume Donnie’s lab is the same size as the living room since it shares all the same door openings. Which works for me since I also have the normal street dio next to the toon one. But I don’t know how the kitchen is going to work. Just off to the side with nothing above it? Would just be nice if they were all planned to work with the street dioramas. Too bad there wasn’t super future forethought because it would be great to pop open a manhole cover and there be a hole. Could be tempting to drill one out if I figure out the space to stack display them.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:07 am

Maximoff wrote:
I assume Donnie’s lab is the same size as the living room since it shares all the same door openings. Which works for me since I also have the normal street dio next to the toon one. But I don’t know how the kitchen is going to work. Just off to the side with nothing above it? Would just be nice if they were all planned to work with the street dioramas. Too bad there wasn’t super future forethought because it would be great to pop open a manhole cover and there be a hole. Could be tempting to drill one out if I figure out the space to stack display them.
Maybe a little street piece is coming in the accessory pack or something?

We'll need a spot for the Turtle Van after all?
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:43 pm

Yeah, a smaller street piece to go above the kitchen would be cool, but one step at a time. Still very curious what the price will be on the lair sets as I think that will be make or break for me.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:54 pm

Slixta wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:07 am
Maximoff wrote:
Maybe a little street piece is coming in the accessory pack or something?

We'll need a spot for the Turtle Van after all?
That would be cool, or maybe they're planning a Turtle Van garage area with the big sewer grate it often emerged from behind, Batmobile style. An actual street piece to bridge the two dioramas when Donnie's lab and the kitchen are in place would be nice. It would basically function as an ally in between them. I currently have a similar setup with my two dioramas and I chopped up the street image from the disguise four-pack to put in the between them. I like the idea of having an actual manhole cover to remove too and that would be the place for it since the diorama itself doesn't actually feature a street, but sidewalk.
WildBill
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm

Maybe the kitchen diorama will end up with a ceiling/alley roof piece? An alley would be a great addition to connect two street scenes. It could come with a brick wall toward the back, a milk crate basketball hoop and a dumpster and/or some garbage cans. Have it extend forward a bit enough so that a manhole entrance could have characters not descending onto the kitchen table?

I think it would be cool too if they made another street scene dio with the street level being a commercial space with change out windows to make it either a pizza place or a Quick Stop type bodega. Have the second either be recessed to line up with the other dio or able to be pegged in to be flush with its ground floor so that it adds a bit of diversity to the architecture like a real city street would be. Since it wouldn't be as wide they could also maybe add another level; maybe a fire escape? Maybe something that could be repurposed for a movie version that doubles as April's apartment with the antique shop downstairs?
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:23 pm

I hope when they re-release the building diorama that they do something to make the top shelf more secure. Those weird clips that were supposed to help give it support from the back…well I couldn’t get any of them to clip and gave up on them. Top definitely feels more flimsy though and don’t know how good it’s going to be having it just sitting on top of a sewer piece.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:58 pm

I worry about about the sewer not having any sort of center bracing for the building above. I guess the back wall will work to a degree, but I wouldn't be surprised if these started to sag if that's not sorted out.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:39 pm

SpiderHulkThing wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:23 pm
I hope when they re-release the building diorama that they do something to make the top shelf more secure. Those weird clips that were supposed to help give it support from the back…well I couldn’t get any of them to clip and gave up on them. Top definitely feels more flimsy though and don’t know how good it’s going to be having it just sitting on top of a sewer piece.
I couldn't get those to work either, especially the clips for the background. I just have it in-between the diorama and a wall so it's fine for now, but once elevated, I will have to secure it somehow. As far as potential sagging, I'm not too worried about it as just a piece of wood, plastic, or maybe even foamboard in between the lair and diorama should take care of it. Hopefully NECA renders it moot by including a firm piece of plastic to place on-top of the lair.

NECA sure is taking their time with those SDCC preorders. The event ended almost 3 weeks ago and I have yet to see anyone get a shipping notification.
bricknator
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:35 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:58 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if these started to sag if that's not sorted out.
This has been bothering me as well. There's already sagging in that slide.
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:15 am

I really hope they plan on releasing the street diorama again. Or an updated version of it. I’m still upset that international orders were cancelled on the original run of the dio.
The new sewer pieces look like a lot of fun and I’m excited to get them though. I feel like I’m winding down on my collecting of the cartoon line and will shift over to the Archie comics figures though.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:52 am

When are we suppose to get our 2-packs and the SDCC set? Aug is half way through. Almost feel like we should be getting updates about when our SDCC sets are going to begin shipping along with the much delayed LC#2.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”