NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Tue May 24, 2022 7:53 pm

I see Usagi is Q3. I wonder if he might ship early as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Freditor wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:14 pm
rtec1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:12 pm
The Baxter face looks really bad. Nothing like the cartoon, the hair doesn’t look right either. Another on par with April I think!

Doesn't really seem that bad:

I think the only thing that doesn't look all that good is the glasses, the frames should be much thinner. But that's a hard thing to do in 6 inch plastic form. Hell, human Baxter seems like a hard figure to pull off in general. I do wish they gave him a different mouth, maybe an open one similar to the one on the box art.
His hair also looks wildly different from episode to episode (or even scene to scene):

Looks nowhere near as inaccurate as April imo.
Agreed, it's the glasses that throw him off. I'm guessing they were worried if they went any thinner they'd be too brittle. Otherwise, I think he looks fine. He's probably going to be a tick short because it looks like he's using the mutated Baxter body. He might get a little extra out of the new feet. He should be as tall as the turtles, but will probably be closer in height to Splinter when all is said and done and I personally don't find that egregious. I certainly wouldn't compare him to the April figure in terms of missing the mark. She's still far and away the worst in the line.
ToyEcstatic
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm

Honestly, how can you do those glasses on him without them being to fragile or thin. They did their best, but thereś still room for improvement.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 9:32 pm

They could sculpt them on, make them out of metal wire, or use a translucent plastic like the Funko Scrooge McDuck. I'm sure they considered various options and settled on this one. It's fine.
Tenement Funster
Super Poseable

Wed May 25, 2022 12:29 am

I'll probably get it, but will be well yoinked if they do a pre and post mutation double release. of bebop and Rocksteady.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 pm

The more I think about this set the more i really just want Hamato Yoshi.
He’s my favorite of the set BY FAR.
Hopefully I can find someone to split the pack with.

I really really wanted Human Baxter but the figure isn’t doing much for me.
The glasses are one thing but my main issue is the thick black around his eyes.
I get that they’re going for that cartoon look but it doesn’t look right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 25, 2022 5:36 pm

Removing the black around the bottom of the eyes fixes the look for me.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:14 pm

I'm not bothered by Baxter, but that I looks like a change for the better to me.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:34 pm

Any shipping notices for mousers yet?
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:39 pm

Much better without the overly dark eyes.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 1:18 am

citysushi wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:34 pm
Any shipping notices for mousers yet?
Nope. They are probably just inbound. Mentally I wasn't expecting them so quickly so I can wait another month. Don't really care.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:32 pm

Getting a bit worried about my Usagi/mousers order... Aliexpress sellers have 9 days to ship an order. If not, you are automatically issued a refund and the order gets cancelled. That will be in about 18 hours for my order. I placed an order for Hunchback Leo from the same seller a day later and that's already been shipped. Yet no word on Usagi/mousers... contacted the seller 2 days ago and he replied it will be shipped as soon as possible. He also hasn't updated the listing with pictures of the actual product (like he did with Hunchback Leo) and I haven't seen any pictures or video's of these deluxe figures.

Has anyone that placed an order for Usagi or the mousers received a shipping notification?
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 pm

Freditor wrote:
Getting a bit worried about my Usagi/mousers order... Aliexpress sellers have 9 days to ship an order. If not, you are automatically issued a refund and the order gets cancelled. That will be in about 18 hours for my order. I placed an order for Hunchback Leo from the same seller a day later and that's already been shipped. Yet no word on Usagi/mousers... contacted the seller 2 days ago and he replied it will be shipped as soon as possible. He also hasn't updated the listing with pictures of the actual product (like he did with Hunchback Leo) and I haven't seen any pictures or video's of these deluxe figures.

Has anyone that placed an order for Usagi or the mousers received a shipping notification?
Nope. There is an "extend delivery" option under "order details" which I imagine will do just that, prevent you from getting the auto refund. Mine says I have 2 days left. I've noticed the seller has risen the price a decent amount. I plan on extending the delivery for a little while if it's not ready to ship in a couple days. I imagine he may have jumped the gun and taken these as preorders. It's worth the hassle on my end considering Usagi will probably be hard to track down at Targets.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:06 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 pm
Freditor wrote:

Nope. There is an "extend delivery" option under "order details" which I imagine will do just that, prevent you from getting the auto refund. Mine says I have 2 days left. I've noticed the seller has risen the price a decent amount. I plan on extending the delivery for a little while if it's not ready to ship in a couple days. I imagine he may have jumped the gun and taken these as preorders. It's worth the hassle on my end considering Usagi will probably be hard to track down at Targets.

Yeah, I will be doing the same thing (extend delivery). I'll probably contact him again to check if these are in-stock items. Would seem normal that they are, since NECA are starting to ship out the mouser packs. The listing also states that this is an in-stock item (under specifications).
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 4:56 pm

Freditor wrote:Getting a bit worried about my Usagi/mousers order... Aliexpress sellers have 9 days to ship an order. If not, you are automatically issued a refund and the order gets cancelled. That will be in about 18 hours for my order. I placed an order for Hunchback Leo from the same seller a day later and that's already been shipped. Yet no word on Usagi/mousers... contacted the seller 2 days ago and he replied it will be shipped as soon as possible. He also hasn't updated the listing with pictures of the actual product (like he did with Hunchback Leo) and I haven't seen any pictures or video's of these deluxe figures.

My mouser order has yet to ship. I've been checking my spam/junk folders religiously looking for a ship notification, but no dice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”