NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 16, 2022 12:52 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:21 am
ODBJBG wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:03 pm
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:06 am

Just like the cartoon then.
Nah, doesn't look like the cartoon at all. Which is part of the problem.
Oh? That's pretty weird since all those screengrabs from the cartoon comparing them showed it does look like the cartoon.
Yeah, as I am watching the series, it looks like the cartoon, specifically, the way it looks in season 2 of the cartoon, more or less.

Though, I will say, that for all the talk of UA van being oversized, in the actual cartoon, all 4 turtles would be sitting up front at times, and you can only comfortably fit 3 in the front of the UA (maybe if you squeeze them in, you could fit 4), and the Neca one, we'll be lucky to fit 3 in front. I feel like it's probably undersized, based on the dimensions, it's not much bigger than the Playmates van.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 1:24 pm

citysushi wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:52 pm
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
ODBJBG wrote:

Oh? That's pretty weird since all those screengrabs from the cartoon comparing them showed it does look like the cartoon.
Yeah, as I am watching the series, it looks like the cartoon, specifically, the way it looks in season 2 of the cartoon, more or less.

Though, I will say, that for all the talk of UA van being oversized, in the actual cartoon, all 4 turtles would be sitting up front at times, and you can only comfortably fit 3 in the front of the UA (maybe if you squeeze them in, you could fit 4), and the Neca one, we'll be lucky to fit 3 in front. I feel like it's probably undersized, based on the dimensions, it's not much bigger than the Playmates van.
I would chalk that up more to the cartoon cheating reality for what the scene calls for at the time. Watching Mad Hatter's vid on that van, it does feel very oversized to me when you use it for those figures. The Super7 ones definitely feel more "at home" inside of it. But that's me.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 2:47 pm

The cartoon would have you believe that the Turtle Van started off as a standard passenger van so I take the dimensions with a grain of salt. The images for the NECA van look fine to me, and this third party one looks quite good as well. 100% screen accuracy is a fallacy for a cartoon that was produced cheaply and by multiple studios that went off-model many, many, times. Buy what you like.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
ODBJBG wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:06 am

Just like the cartoon then.
Nah.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 4:34 pm

Freditor wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:36 pm
And if that release schedule is correct, we won't be seeing anything new for a while.

On another note, I really hope they'll officially announce/show April V2 at SDCC in July. Don't know if anyone has seen this but someone did a mock-up of what she would look like with a 15% body increase back when she was released. It makes such a difference...

I really hope they won't just give us another head but also increase the size of her body.
Cat April proves that a proportionate head fixes nothing but the bobbleheadedness. She's still too small.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 8:44 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
ODBJBG wrote:

Nah.
Ooh, the third grader defense. Almost impervious to all rational thoughts and facts, much like the "Nanny nanny boo boo" defense of 1989.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 8:46 pm

:lol:
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 8:54 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:44 pm
ODBJBG wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:

Nah.
Ooh, the third grader defense. Almost impervious to all rational thoughts and facts, much like the "Nanny nanny boo boo" defense of 1989.
No, just the perfect response to chucklehead trolls.

And now you're blocked.

Flipping pathetic that some guys will go out of their way to quote you in posts because they're desperate goofs starved for attention.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 1:26 am

Misfit wrote:
The cartoon would have you believe that the Turtle Van started off as a standard passenger van so I take the dimensions with a grain of salt.
They were also able to push the van up the stairs to Baxter's workshop. I've never known any passenger van that could fit inside an apartment stairwell, so I'm just going to chalk it up to magic.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Tue May 17, 2022 1:44 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Freditor wrote:
And if that release schedule is correct, we won't be seeing anything new for a while.

On another note, I really hope they'll officially announce/show April V2 at SDCC in July. Don't know if anyone has seen this but someone did a mock-up of what she would look like with a 15% body increase back when she was released. It makes such a difference...

I really hope they won't just give us another head but also increase the size of her body.
Cat April proves that a proportionate head fixes nothing but the bobbleheadedness. She's still too small.

Is April's size issue supposed to be fixed in the ultimate version coming down the pipe, or is that unknown? The cat version with the C6 pack has me nervous.

Psychography wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:26 am
Misfit wrote:
The cartoon would have you believe that the Turtle Van started off as a standard passenger van so I take the dimensions with a grain of salt.
They were also able to push the van up the stairs to Baxter's workshop. I've never known any passenger van that could fit inside an apartment stairwell, so I'm just going to chalk it up to magic.

Turtle Power!
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 9:31 am

Capman wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
Freditor wrote:

Is April's size issue supposed to be fixed in the ultimate version coming down the pipe, or is that unknown? The cat version with the C6 pack has me nervous.

Unknown, unfortunately. That's why I'm hoping they'll show her at SDCC :wink:
I'm afraid they're just gonna give her a new headsculpt (or maybe several headsculpts) since the main complaints have always been "her head is too big!" even though it's her body that's too small. The size of the head is actually pretty spot on (not talking about cartoon accuracy here).
They'll probably throw in some new accessories to justify the ultimate price.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 1:17 pm

Freditor wrote:
Capman wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:

Unknown, unfortunately. That's why I'm hoping they'll show her at SDCC :wink:
I'm afraid they're just gonna give her a new headsculpt (or maybe several headsculpts) since the main complaints have always been "her head is too big!" even though it's her body that's too small. The size of the head is actually pretty spot on (not talking about cartoon accuracy here).
They'll probably throw in some new accessories to justify the ultimate price.
The head just isn't good period. Her face is too round.

She needs a new head and new body

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:42 pm

I think either Randy or Trevor's exact words on the April figure were something along the likes of "it wasn't one of our best." On the other hand, we already saw them reuse the figure for the cat version which might imply they view the body as fine and that the head is the only problem. I think it's been pretty well established here that both are the problem. While the body is well-sculpted and the paint was executed quite well, it's far too small and doesn't scale well with the turtles. And the head doesn't scale with the body, and on top of that, it's just not very good. Hopefully, NECA got enough use out of that initial set of tools so that the deluxe version is all new. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

On the subject of San Diego, I'm guessing we're getting another four pack because that's what they do, though I have no idea what it will be. Maybe they would do some special "Night of the Rogues" set with a Tempestra, new Slash, and minor variants on two other rogues from the episode (like a new Leatherhead with updated hips or the updated Rat King). Maybe the set will be used to give us Zach's sister and the suited Casey. Whatever it is, I just expect it will be something like last year's where we get one or two new characters with variants for existing figures which I'm sure will anger a few. A fun one though would be a four-pack of the geriatric turtles from the episode where they have to travel to the future. They usually show that stuff in July, right? I guess it will be awhile before we find out.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 8:05 pm

Misfit wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:42 pm
I think either Randy or Trevor's exact words on the April figure were something along the likes of "it wasn't one of our best." On the other hand, we already saw them reuse the figure for the cat version which might imply they view the body as fine and that the head is the only problem. I think it's been pretty well established here that both are the problem. While the body is well-sculpted and the paint was executed quite well, it's far too small and doesn't scale well with the turtles. And the head doesn't scale with the body, and on top of that, it's just not very good. Hopefully, NECA got enough use out of that initial set of tools so that the deluxe version is all new. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

On the subject of San Diego, I'm guessing we're getting another four pack because that's what they do, though I have no idea what it will be. Maybe they would do some special "Night of the Rogues" set with a Tempestra, new Slash, and minor variants on two other rogues from the episode (like a new Leatherhead with updated hips or the updated Rat King). Maybe the set will be used to give us Zach's sister and the suited Casey. Whatever it is, I just expect it will be something like last year's where we get one or two new characters with variants for existing figures which I'm sure will anger a few. A fun one though would be a four-pack of the geriatric turtles from the episode where they have to travel to the future. They usually show that stuff in July, right? I guess it will be awhile before we find out.

I don't see it happening but I would be absolutely ecstatic if it would be an Archie wrestling Turtles 4-pack:

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 9:44 pm

Oh sweet Jesus, yes please...

EDIT: Waitwaitwaitwaitwait... as long as it's as easy to get as Channel 6 was...lol

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”