NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
ToyEcstatic
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:07 pm

BDCdiesel wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:45 am
Man, I'm seeing Channel 6 everywhere, but no TiD!!! I hate you Target!
I say that everyday dude, trust me.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:25 pm

rtec1 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:43 pm
Freditor wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:21 pm
Holy crap, am I pissed... Not only did I have to wait more than a month for my delivery with RR Donneley (Pizza Monster), now I have to pay import charges as well. $28... That wasn't the case for my Triceraton/RR order that was shipped with Fedex

So not only could I have had Ace Duck/Mutagen Man and Antrax/Scumbug months ago if I ordered them from Aliexpress... it would have also cost me less (assuming I also have to pay import charges for those orders).
Is that shipping to UK?
No, Belgium.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:09 pm

citysushi wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:24 pm
Freditor wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:25 pm
citysushi wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:52 pm
There's another accessory that isn't pictured there, it's like a handheld device type of thing, and the handle is on the left side.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean now. And is it possible to pop that cable off and plug it in on the other side of the back-pack? It seems like a flexible material.
Not sure. I tried, but it wasn't coming off easily, so I didn't want to risk breaking it. There is a similar tab on the other side though, so it MAY be possible. For now, what I did is use a pointy bit on the right side to go inside the opening part of the gun to kinda hang it there.
It can be swapped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGQ6b3n ... bleReviews

At the 9:28 min mark.
Merso
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:12 am

NMC in Canada is not replying to my emails on my preorders from 2020, and it's way too late to dispute the charges to my credit card. Any ideas? Or am I completely screwed? Anyone else on the same boat by any chance?

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

ToyEcstatic
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 pm

I have no idea what to do in this situation, but which orders do you need anyway?
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Merso wrote:
NMC in Canada is not replying to my emails on my preorders from 2020, and it's way too late to dispute the charges to my credit card. Any ideas? Or am I completely screwed? Anyone else on the same boat by any chance?

NMC/Northmen Collectibles. Ugh. I'm sorry.

Could you claim fraud with the CC?

I can guarantee you a reaction if you posted your story to a group like Northern Legends on Facebook. Austin likes to lurk or get reported to by friends and then blow off the handle when the post gets traction. And you will get traction and "told you so".

Really. If your CC or bank won't help you, your best recourse is to take it to Facebook or Insta and tell your story straight. He can be shamed into refunding you if only to look the hero and make you the villain screwing over small local retailers and killing the industry with your greedy impatience.

He also has a physical location in Toronto, but the last time someone went with an issue, I think it ended in an altercation.

He also gets into keyboard fights on Google reviews and the BBB site, but it's not the best route for a result.

NMC will claim they're too busy with real customers and orders to get back to you. Then claim you were rude so they didn't need to respond. Then claim they have extra staff who is incompetent at responding, but in truth they don't have extra staff. It's just him and occassionally his family.

You might have to take the L and in the future deal with eCollectibles or Outrun for NECA.

In NMCs... Defense... NECA dealing with any of these Canadian retailers is trash, but NMC is the only vendor who will take your money and gaslight you.
Merso
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:22 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Merso wrote:

NMC/Northmen Collectibles. Ugh. I'm sorry.

Could you claim fraud with the CC?

I can guarantee you a reaction if you posted your story to a group like Northern Legends on Facebook. Austin likes to lurk or get reported to by friends and then blow off the handle when the post gets traction. And you will get traction and "told you so".

Really. If your CC or bank won't help you, your best recourse is to take it to Facebook or Insta and tell your story straight. He can be shamed into refunding you if only to look the hero and make you the villain screwing over small local retailers and killing the industry with your greedy impatience.

He also has a physical location in Toronto, but the last time someone went with an issue, I think it ended in an altercation.

He also gets into keyboard fights on Google reviews and the BBB site, but it's not the best route for a result.

NMC will claim they're too busy with real customers and orders to get back to you. Then claim you were rude so they didn't need to respond. Then claim they have extra staff who is incompetent at responding, but in truth they don't have extra staff. It's just him and occassionally his family.

You might have to take the L and in the future deal with eCollectibles or Outrun for NECA.

In NMCs... Defense... NECA dealing with any of these Canadian retailers is trash, but NMC is the only vendor who will take your money and gaslight you.
Appreciate the help. Fingers crossed I can solve this issue.
I learned about NMC's reputation after the fact. Everything I've heard online and even IRL reinforces that I should have never dealt with them.
I ordered the Traag/granitor, baxter/splinter, and rat king/vernon packs. What I thought happened is that the latter two packs were never distributed in Canada by NECA. Still, to have no communication on the issue sucks.
I've since got a hold of a splinter pack, last summer from somewhere else (europe of all places)

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:09 am

You might be okay with NMC in that you may still get the product. I'm guessing you ordered most of the 2021 releases through them? I did the same with eCollectibles and I haven't received anything and it's because NECA, or their distribution partner in CA, just isn't sending stock. I've been debating on whether or not I should reach out to eCollectibles about a refund at this point. It's been a year, all of the figures I ordered are now doubles, but I also get it that it isn't their fault NECA has been so slow and refunding a bunch of orders for a small shop is probably not easy.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:43 am

The only downside to cancelling with eCollectibles is you might lose status.

Not sure if you were one of the early customers that was able to preorder with nothing down. Store has since been burnt by too many ghosting customers so discontinued the policy, but if you're still in good standing it seems you're fine.

I'd reach out to them either way and see what they can do for you.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:48 am

Merso wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:22 am

I've since got a hold of a splinter pack, last summer from somewhere else (europe of all places)

I had Splinter through CMD and even they didn't get him in about a year (at the time) so I binned it.

As said above, in the end game, it's really down to NECA and their trash panda Canuck distribution.

But also NMC sucks sour frog ass, so you deserve your money back.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:05 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:43 am
The only downside to cancelling with eCollectibles is you might lose status.

Not sure if you were one of the early customers that was able to preorder with nothing down. Store has since been burnt by too many ghosting customers so discontinued the policy, but if you're still in good standing it seems you're fine.

I'd reach out to them either way and see what they can do for you.
Nah, I paid fully down. I'm friendly with the guy through Twitter and he follows my blog, and that's why I haven't gone looking to get my money back. I'm not in Canada so status definitely isn't an issue as I doubt I'll order again from them. It's more a stance on principle: I committed to purchasing the units and that's on me to honor that commitment, but at the same time, a year has gone by and we're more than half a year removed from the expected ship date so it's fair to wonder if these will even be fulfilled. Just taking a glance at Target, it sure doesn't look like NECA will be in a hurry to manufacture more frogs, Mondo, etc. so it seems legitimate to wonder if they'll be fulfilled. With a big outlet like BBTS, I don't fret about cancelling a preorder, but with the smaller ones it's probably a legitimate problem. It's not like they take your money and just set it aside until the order is fulfilled so I'd essentially just be hitting him up for 200 bucks out of the blue.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:13 pm

I understand completely!

I mostly use eCollectibles for Canadian Mythics. I learned a while ago it isn't worth it to do Black Series or Legends through my local stores when GameStop generally works on a faster timeline. (Not so much this winter)

Even up here, it's really tough wanting to support local or at least national, when the usual big retailers generally have risk free orders and no deposit.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:31 pm

Haven't found a new Turtles in Disguise set yet, checked a couple of the city Targets and they were pretty much the same as everywhere else. I don't think we've gotten them yet around here, at least.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:47 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:13 pm
I understand completely!

I mostly use eCollectibles for Canadian Mythics. I learned a while ago it isn't worth it to do Black Series or Legends through my local stores when GameStop generally works on a faster timeline. (Not so much this winter)

Even up here, it's really tough wanting to support local or at least national, when the usual big retailers generally have risk free orders and no deposit.
Unfortunately, I've found with this hobby it can be really hard to buy local and from smaller places. So many near me stocked the Super7 TMNT, for example, but up-charged them to 65 in most places, 90 in others. I'm willing to pay a few bucks more to get something local, but not 50 -100% in markup.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:14 pm

Is the new Turtles In Disguise set under the same DPCI and everything? Same box?

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”