NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
ToyEcstatic
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:34 pm

citysushi wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:42 am
Anyone remember the order these sets went up? Want my other 2 peekza monsters!
I can tell you want your Pizza Monsters! Me too!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Freditor wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:19 am
citysushi wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:42 am
Anyone remember the order these sets went up? Want my other 2 peekza monsters!
They're not shipping in order, NECA ships on a 'what's done ships first' or 'what arrives in our warehouse ships first' base. The Pizza Monster was first, then Ace Duck/Mutagen Man, then Antrax/Scumbug.
I really hope Antrax/Scumbug is up next because I chose combined shipping for those and Ace Duck/Mutagen Man.

Glad Antrax/Scumbug aren't shipping first. I'm ok with them holding back Ace Duck/Mutagen Man but I'd be pretty bummed if it was the other way around.
Not that I'm not excited about them, it's just that I can wait for those. Same thing with the Pizza Monster since I already have one.

Antrax/Scumbug may be my 2-pack of the year.
Since the orders were all just separated by a week too, it probably matters very little which solicitation went up first. I would guess production started on all of them at roughly the same time. It's probably a matter of which container gets unloaded first and into their warehouse. I placed two separate orders myself, double Pizza Monster and combined the two-packs, so I'll be waiting awhile longer too.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:42 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:54 pm
I don't think you've been missing that for that long. My friend & I have only been noticing that "extra section in toys" start popping up & filling in over the last few months, and not even at every store.
This exactly. I've seen it at one local store, but not the other 2 near me.
The store I saw the stash of turtle product I posted the pic of wasn't even the store that had the "2nd" NECA section.
Freditor
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 pm

NECA put up a gallery of Ace Duck/Mutagen Man.

Something very interesting in the last pic: the Turtles in disguise in that lighter green that we've seen before:

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:59 pm

Freditor wrote:NECA put up a gallery of Ace Duck/Mutagen Man.

Something very interesting in the last pic: the Turtles in disguise in that lighter green that we've seen before:

Those new turtles better not be included in the new disguise packs that are shipping out shortly. The only reason I bought an additional pack was for extra face swapping parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Randy has strongly hinted that those style guide revisions were in the works. I doubt very much that NECA would pull a bait and switch with the 4-pack preorders. It will be interesting to see if they get released as a four pack or as a pair of two-packs.
Freditor
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:27 pm

panther10 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:59 pm
Freditor wrote:NECA put up a gallery of Ace Duck/Mutagen Man.

Spoiler! :

Those new turtles better not be included in the new disguise packs that are shipping out shortly. The only reason I bought an additional pack was for extra face swapping parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highly doubt that. The disguise packs that were up on NECA's store clearly had pictures of the dark green Turtles, would be very false advertising. I'm sure they'll just release these down the line, my guess is as 2 2-packs (like they did for the first style guide Turtles back in wave 2).
ToyEcstatic
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:22 am

I sure hope so.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:29 am

Don't they usually have disclaimers that promo shots are not of the final product and paint/color may vary?
Freditor
CROM!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:46 am

citysushi wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:29 am
Don't they usually have disclaimers that promo shots are not of the final product and paint/color may vary?
Just checked their site and (from what's currently still on their store) none of the figures have that disclaimer. But yeah, you usually see those type of disclaimers on promo shots.

Again though, I doubt NECA would do this. I'm pretty sure any order placed for the Turtles in disguise 4-pack will be the dark green Turtles. This is probably just a sneaky teaser for things to come.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:04 am

I'm positive we'll see the new colors as a future 2pack. The question will be, are they worth picking up? I've always wanted to have a set in trenchcoat, so perhaps I'll grab these new turtles if I ever find them.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm definitely slightly concerned for the skin colors of my 5 months late Disguise Pack (someone just posted they found another in stores a few pages back - with as scarce as these are, I highly doubt it sat in that store since July), but we all do keep saying the Turtles need to stay in rotation.

That's one way to do it.

And there'll probably be new accessories so psychos like me keep buying them (if they can find them) (I still need the original light Mikey & his accessories) (I still need Leatherhead & Slash's accessories that the VG figures didn't come with) (how many parentheticals is too many?).
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:04 pm

NECA won't pull a bait and switch with those disguise sets. If the four-packs they took orders on go out as style guide turtles I'll swallow my Grogu.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:19 pm

Hey, what you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is your business, I just wouldn't go broadcasting it all over the internet...
ToyEcstatic
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:56 pm

I sure hope those other shade of turtles are not in the new Disguise Sets as well. I also sure hope you won't swallow your Grogu.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”