NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:13 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:35 am
Thanks everyone!
Maximoff wrote:Pretty cool I may do the same. Did you cut the newsroom backdrop to fit or did it just work? Also insight into the lights you put in would be great
Yeah, I had to cut the roof top portion off, nothing else was cut though, just let the floor dangle below it into the 2nd floor

Had to fold the left and right panels in a different spot too, but all worked well

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
But what about the lights man; what about the lights! Looks awesome, and I want to do the same.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:27 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Thanks everyone!
Maximoff wrote:Pretty cool I may do the same. Did you cut the newsroom backdrop to fit or did it just work? Also insight into the lights you put in would be great
Yeah, I had to cut the roof top portion off, nothing else was cut though, just let the floor dangle below it into the 2nd floor

Had to fold the left and right panels in a different spot too, but all worked well

But what about the lights man; what about the lights! Looks awesome, and I want to do the same.
Theyre just 2 ikea dioder disc lights. But I think theyre discontinued

But any dim light strip should work too, I used multicolor because I felt the white on a multicolor not being a true white. Would look more like flourecent office lighting and more subtle

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:25 pm

citysushi wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:46 am
I still have not opened my set.

Started hunting Target for a second one. Need second Irma so bad.
I'd open that first one if you only want another just to get a spare Irma. I thought I would want two so I could display her mutated form and her regular form, but she's so boring as far as posing goes that I'm fine with not displaying her in rat form. Her skirt just doesn't really let her use her legs much at all. I'm left wishing that NECA had gone the Super7 route and gave us an optional soft goods skirt for more dynamic posing. Plus, I bet she gets another release (like Vernon) with new portraits and maybe other modifications that will make having two from this set seem redundant. There's a 0% chance as far as I'm concerned she remains exclusive to this set.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:27 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:27 pm
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Theyre just 2 ikea dioder disc lights. But I think theyre discontinued

But any dim light strip should work too, I used multicolor because I felt the white on a multicolor not being a true white. Would look more like flourecent office lighting and more subtle

Gotcha, thanks for the info!
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:05 am

Misfit wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:25 pm
citysushi wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:46 am
I still have not opened my set.

Started hunting Target for a second one. Need second Irma so bad.
I'd open that first one if you only want another just to get a spare Irma. I thought I would want two so I could display her mutated form and her regular form, but she's so boring as far as posing goes that I'm fine with not displaying her in rat form. Her skirt just doesn't really let her use her legs much at all. I'm left wishing that NECA had gone the Super7 route and gave us an optional soft goods skirt for more dynamic posing. Plus, I bet she gets another release (like Vernon) with new portraits and maybe other modifications that will make having two from this set seem redundant. There's a 0% chance as far as I'm concerned she remains exclusive to this set.
Well, main reason I haven't opened is I need to open the box with my new storage containers so I have somewhere to put the accessories, but haven't made the room yet. That, and I just hate having to cut all those ties.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:15 am

I opened up my channel 6 pack last night and followed that up the Wingnut & Screwloose/Dirtbag & Groundchuck packs as well (not to mention the entirety of AoA wave 2 and the Mafex TNBA Batman. I didn’t have much of a chance to check the figures out because opening them all took about 4 hours and after all of that I just wanted to clean everything up and put them away. So perhaps by this weekend I’ll give them all a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:40 am

So has anyone else received a shipping notice from NECA and it states on the fedex website “Estimated delivery date: Pending The delivery date may be updated when FedEx receives the package”.

I got this shipping notice last week and it isn’t changing.

Also, I still haven’t found Dirtbag and Groundchuck. I did see another Wingnut and Screwloose but I already have them.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:47 am

panther10 wrote:
I opened up my channel 6 pack last night and followed that up the Wingnut & Screwloose/Dirtbag & Groundchuck packs as well (not to mention the entirety of AoA wave 2 and the Mafex TNBA Batman. I didn’t have much of a chance to check the figures out because opening them all took about 4 hours and after all of that I just wanted to clean everything up and put them away. So perhaps by this weekend I’ll give them all a closer look.

So you spent 4 hours opening them up and then putting them back in?
panther10

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:55 am

mattmurdog wrote:
panther10 wrote:

So you spent 4 hours opening them up and then putting them back in?
I put them in grocery bags for now. I just recently moved but I haven’t been able to find any display cases yet for any of my figures so I have to make due with shopping bags

ToyEcstatic
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:38 pm

Same Dude, Different video. This time it is Antrax and Scumbug. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4wH7Xrei_0
Freditor
CROM!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:17 pm

ToyEcstatic wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:38 pm
Same Dude, Different video. This time it is Antrax and Scumbug. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4wH7Xrei_0

Yeah, that's been posted a while ago. Here's a much better look at them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=julNwsc ... HottoMotto
ToyEcstatic
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:44 pm

Yeah, you're right. I just wanted it to be the same guy who does those short reviews. Thank you though.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:48 pm

I got my Channel 6 set on Saturday right before I left for work for the day. I haven't had a chance to open it yet, but will get into it all tomorrow.

I stopped into a Target today and saw this:
ImageTarget TMNT by lionpride75, on Flickr

There was:
1 Mondo Gecko
4 Muckman
1 Chrome Dome
5 of the second frog sets
1 Wingnut & Screwloose
1 Dirtbag & Groundchuck

This is the most TMNT product I've seen at one store at one time.

I had told myself that if I saw Mondo in store I would grab him, but I wasn't ordering him online or actively hunting for him. That said, he left the store with me.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:30 pm

I just got my set today. After being delayed to the next day since f***ing Friday.

Also really wish I could've gotten that diorama. :|
panther10

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:06 am

So after taking a good hard look at my figures from the channel six sets and the most recent 2-packs, I’ve decided to go back and rewatch the tv show starting tomorrow. And this time with a little more intent. I’m now on a fact finding mission because I have no idea who Wingnut and Screwloose even are. And the same thing can be said for the Triceratons, Dirtbag and Groundchuck and hell, even Were- Irma and Rat Vernon are a mystery to me. So I’m gonna go back and watch the series and this time I’m not going to stop until all of the characters that I have in plastic have been formally introduced on the show.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”