NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Misfit wrote:I preordered all of this stuff from a Canadian retailer and now have the dilemma of "Do I just grab them if I see them or continue to wait?" I already caved on the first frogs two-pack, and it would be really pointless to buy all of this stuff twice. NECA has apparently not given Canadian suppliers any indication of when this stuff will ship to them (last set released north of the border was Traag and Granitor).
Same. I ordered from a reliable site, but it seems to take forever for Canada to get these. Meanwhile, I see stuff pop up on the neca store.

My issue with this line is that it feels so sporadic. You don't know when things will go on preorder, if you will be able to get it, how long it will take, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ActionGuy2882
I wish I had super powers

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Do we know when the Newsroom 4 pack will be coming out at Target, and what’s the likelihood that it might show up on their site? I didn’t preorder because I didn’t want the extra stuff, but I am now regretting that decision…
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:56 pm

Really bummed that I’ll be at work when these hit. Hope I get lucky in store.

And for the accessories pack people were talking about for the toon line, I think adding some mousers and more baby red pizza monsters would be great. I wouldn’t mind more rats for the King. We also need their turtle fish tank they were dropped out of both intact and smashed connected to ooze of the purple variety or pink from the first episode, four baby turtles and the rat splinter came in contact with. If we get a human hamoto yoshi in the movie line then I think a cartoon one is a sure thing as it’s even more iconic. Maybe just wishful thinking on my end. But I’d dig that flashback scene.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:26 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 pm
Misfit wrote:I preordered all of this stuff from a Canadian retailer and now have the dilemma of "Do I just grab them if I see them or continue to wait?" I already caved on the first frogs two-pack, and it would be really pointless to buy all of this stuff twice. NECA has apparently not given Canadian suppliers any indication of when this stuff will ship to them (last set released north of the border was Traag and Granitor).
Same. I ordered from a reliable site, but it seems to take forever for Canada to get these. Meanwhile, I see stuff pop up on the neca store.

My issue with this line is that it feels so sporadic. You don't know when things will go on preorder, if you will be able to get it, how long it will take, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's hard to figure. Someone recently asked Randy on Twitter about distribution in Canada and he literally didn't know what was going on there and said he'd check. I ended up with two Metalheads last year because I wasn't sure what was going on with the Canadian release and never found him in stores, so I jumped on NECA's pre-order. I think the Canadian order I had placed months previously shipped the following week. I'd rather not wind up doing the same this time around, but the retailers, suppliers, and now seemingly NECA have no idea when this stuff will ship.
ActionGuy2882 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 pm
Do we know when the Newsroom 4 pack will be coming out at Target, and what’s the likelihood that it might show up on their site? I didn’t preorder because I didn’t want the extra stuff, but I am now regretting that decision…
NECA is speculating they'll show up in October. I wouldn't expect an online sale though, I think what NECA sold direct last week was the only online sale and the rest are ticketed for in-store only.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Movie Yoshi & Saki? Meh.

Cartoon Yoshi & Saki? NEED.
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:54 pm

I'm so tempted to order Muckman and Mondo during their order tomorrow, but I also have them pre-ordered at a Canadian store. But those orders seem to take up to a year to finally show up. I'm still waiting on my previous order for Splinter/Baxter, Vern/Rat King and a bunch of other stuff. I know I will get it all eventually, and the wait doesn't really bother me, but just not knowing when it will arrive is a tad annoying.

I notice most Canadian sites aren't offering pre-orders for new stuff any more (no TiD set, ultimate foot soldier). Was there some implication that Walmart might get the exclusive rights to releasing the TMNT toon figures in Canada? I thought I had read that somewhere.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Calbretto wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:54 pm
I'm so tempted to order Muckman and Mondo during their order tomorrow, but I also have them pre-ordered at a Canadian store. But those orders seem to take up to a year to finally show up. I'm still waiting on my previous order for Splinter/Baxter, Vern/Rat King and a bunch of other stuff. I know I will get it all eventually, and the wait doesn't really bother me, but just not knowing when it will arrive is a tad annoying.

I notice most Canadian sites aren't offering pre-orders for new stuff any more (no TiD set, ultimate foot soldier). Was there some implication that Walmart might get the exclusive rights to releasing the TMNT toon figures in Canada? I thought I had read that somewhere.
I know some stores (like ecollectibles) offered the deluxe Foot Soldier. I think CMD may have as well, but I'm not certain. I think the Turtles in Disguise set has not been offered outside of the US except through NECA's own storefront. And it sounds like it may never be as I think Randy responded to someone recently inquiring about a UK release and he indicated only through their store. Maybe things will change.

And yeah, for me it's just the not knowing. I don't care about waiting so much, I'm an adult who can wait for toys, I just worry about the rug being pulled out from under some of these retailers and they're never fulfilled. This is definitely exceptionally long of a gap for some of these releases. Last summer it was basically 6 weeks, but as you pointed out, Canada hasn't even received Splinter/Baxter and we've had that in the States since December.
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:41 pm

My biggest concern is wondering if I should try and go for both of them or just go after one and just take the L on the other? I don't want both to sell out as I'm trying to add both to the cart, but getting them both makes the shipping fee easier to digest.
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:53 pm

NECA posted that the Punk Frog 2 pack pre-order they had up with the TiD sets was taken down a day early because they reached their pre-order cap. I'm surprised to hear that. I didn't think they had a cap for these pre-orders.
I put my order in for the TiD set since I was a bit worried those would come down early as well. They're saying to get your orders in before midnight to ensure you don't miss out.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:07 pm

Already asked this question but... do we know when they'll be shipping out the TiD sets?
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:10 pm

Freditor wrote:Already asked this question but... do we know when they'll be shipping out the TiD sets?
The date says TBA but I would have to assume it’s close, right? I mean these are definitely in stock now because they have been handing them off to Target stores in batches. Surely Neca has an entire supply of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 pm

They are made to order.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 pm

citysushi wrote:
They are made to order.
So not that close then?
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:04 pm

Is there another Foot Soldier variant on the horizon? Seeing one with a coat and hat on Alie now. They also have 2 packs for like 33 bucks. Thinking about getting them.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:30 am

Freditor wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 pm
citysushi wrote:
They are made to order.
So not that close then?
Not particularly. In the “before times,” you’re looking at 60 days to manufacture and another 60 in transit. I’d guess 6 months is a conservative estimate.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”