NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
citysushi
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Wed May 05, 2021 5:39 pm

Man, this is going to be such an epic collection by the time it is done. Wonder just how much longer it can last.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:49 pm

citysushi wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:39 pm
Man, this is going to be such an epic collection by the time it is done. Wonder just how much longer it can last.
With everything that's been announced so far, we're looking at around 40 figures (42 if we're not counting sidefigures like baby Shredder or Kerma or variants like bunny B&R). 46 if we're counting Groundchuck/Dirtbag and Wingnut/Screwloose as well.

There's probably 10 to 20 more they could do, depending on how deep they want to go. I can see this line going to at least 60 figures.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 pm

I think we have at least this year and next for NECA to go all out. And I think it's pretty obvious they're doing just that. Following 2022, the line may dabble more with variants and reissues. As long as it remains a strong seller, they'll keep supplementing it beyond next year.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Wed May 05, 2021 6:09 pm

useasneeded4pain wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:55 pm
Zombie F-Body wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:24 am
So has 2021 sucked for finding these?!
I was on a roll last year, found April, Casey, Slash/Leatherhead, and the Musical Mutagen Tour all in-store. But starting with the Rat King set, I haven't found anything new in-store.
I was finding about 50% of them before. Usually about every other release. By that record I should be finding the disguise set and/or the Frogs. No such luck so far. Allegedly the local antique store sent his employees in to get the only drop of disguise sets from the NECA rep before they hit shelves. Scalpers on eBay got the Rat King set. I hit some stores this morning and saw no indication of NECA drop so the scalper I found could have found them across town or out of town. Who really knows anymore!

Far too much competition these days in my area. Every time a truck or collector card vendor hits the outside of every Target in town looks like Black Friday. People camped out with lawn chairs and tents. Not kidding. Allow me an old man moment, turning another year older this week, but when I was the age of these kids that have all the time in the world to hang out at Target waiting for Pokemon cards I was deployed!
gustahdore
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed May 05, 2021 7:08 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
useasneeded4pain wrote:
Zombie F-Body wrote:
I was on a roll last year, found April, Casey, Slash/Leatherhead, and the Musical Mutagen Tour all in-store. But starting with the Rat King set, I haven't found anything new in-store.
I was finding about 50% of them before. Usually about every other release. By that record I should be finding the disguise set and/or the Frogs. No such luck so far. Allegedly the local antique store sent his employees in to get the only drop of disguise sets from the NECA rep before they hit shelves. Scalpers on eBay got the Rat King set. I hit some stores this morning and saw no indication of NECA drop so the scalper I found could have found them across town or out of town. Who really knows anymore!

Far too much competition these days in my area. Every time a truck or collector card vendor hits the outside of every Target in town looks like Black Friday. People camped out with lawn chairs and tents. Not kidding. Allow me an old man moment, turning another year older this week, but when I was the age of these kids that have all the time in the world to hang out at Target waiting for Pokemon cards I was deployed!
I had the audacity to ask a Target employee to look in the back for Turtles last week. A group of card guys formed and were waiting to ask about new card sets but were confused to where the employee went. I let them know he was looking for action figures for me and the utter disgust on some of these guys' faces like, "How dare you??". We're all nerds. Like, get over yourself. That $10 pack of cards you just bought most likely will be worth absolutely nothing. At least my collectibles retain some kind of value and isn't a complete crapshoot.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 pm

Got the first two frogs today great set!! Love this colors on these guys can’t wait for the other two
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Thu May 06, 2021 12:01 am

gustahdore wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:08 pm
Zombie F-Body wrote:
useasneeded4pain wrote:

I had the audacity to ask a Target employee to look in the back for Turtles last week. A group of card guys formed and were waiting to ask about new card sets but were confused to where the employee went. I let them know he was looking for action figures for me and the utter disgust on some of these guys' faces like, "How dare you??". We're all nerds. Like, get over yourself. That $10 pack of cards you just bought most likely will be worth absolutely nothing. At least my collectibles retain some kind of value and isn't a complete crapshoot.
My stores are starting to make the card people wait outside the store they're so annoying. They are the typical stereotype most of us and most people in general probably think about when they think of adults who collect stuff like this. No social skills, low hygiene/grooming standards, are completely obnoxious to other customers and the employees. I hate that we get represented by people like this and tend to hold them in a lower regard. The good people don't get noticed but everyone remembers the bad ones!

My rep has been MIA for almost a month but I'm on good terms with most of the employees in the electronics and toys area so they often check the back to see if the NECA shipment is at least back there. No dice in all this time. Wonder if it's tied up at the docks with everything else?
citysushi
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 12:44 am

My Target has a sign that all the card stuff that costs $10 or more is only sold on Friday at 8AM.

Are the card people even worse than the GI Joe people?
superdoug
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 06, 2021 12:53 am

I have seen some signs posted about cards and limits and stuff. I never paid too much attention to it. Are cards really in that high of a demand? Is it for playing games, collecting or for flipping? Is it you buy a pack and hope to get lucky with getting the card you want or are the packs limited or exclusive? Just curious. My card collecting days were way way back when I was little and in elementary school collecting the turtles cards. I remember saving up my money to buy packs and trading with my friends to get the complete sets for the first two movies and the cartoons. They used to come with a piece of gum way back in the day.
CrumpsBrother
HULK SMASH!

Thu May 06, 2021 5:22 am

Cards are huge. Big, big, money, and even the new stuff is worth money. Pokémon, sports, everything. In fact a new card shop opened up in town here, only cards. No comics, no toys. Haven’t seen one of those since the 90s around here.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu May 06, 2021 5:28 am

I was unaware that printed collector cards were still a thing. I thought everyone used amino for that kind of thing these days. Hell I frequently go on eBay and will buy a complete collection of trading cards that came out in the 90’s, and I’ve often been able to find complete runs for under $40. So for those out there who are would be scalpers and speculators who are thinking that if you have a handful of cards and you think you’ve got the winning hand...I got news for you...that’s not gonna last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
useasneeded4pain wrote:
Zombie F-Body wrote:

Only things I've ever seen on a shelf, have been a shredder 2 pack and baxter/splinter

Everything else I've lucked out with mostly via targets website... really hoping these go up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 6:15 am

panther10 wrote:I was unaware that printed collector cards were still a thing. I thought everyone used amino for that kind of thing these days. Hell I frequently go on eBay and will buy a complete collection of trading cards that came out in the 90’s, and I’ve often been able to find complete runs for under $40. So for those out there who are would be scalpers and speculators who are thinking that if you have a handful of cards and you think you’ve got the winning hand...I got news for you...that’s not gonna last.

Honestly, pokemon and Magic have lasted and stayed strong since the 90s, i dont see those in any danger of decreasing

Standard trading cards, sure. But not the gaming ones, which is what is hot now and has never really fizzled

TinkerersAssistant02
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 06, 2021 9:39 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:15 am
panther10 wrote:I was unaware that printed collector cards were still a thing. I thought everyone used amino for that kind of thing these days. Hell I frequently go on eBay and will buy a complete collection of trading cards that came out in the 90’s, and I’ve often been able to find complete runs for under $40. So for those out there who are would be scalpers and speculators who are thinking that if you have a handful of cards and you think you’ve got the winning hand...I got news for you...that’s not gonna last.

Honestly, pokemon and Magic have lasted and stayed strong since the 90s, i dont see those in any danger of decreasing

Standard trading cards, sure. But not the gaming ones, which is what is hot now and has never really fizzled

Yeah, the card reselling game has been huge for scalpers this past year or so. Pokemon especially, but many others too, and even some of the sports stuff. Like others said, we're talking Black Friday levels of hysteria: camping outside the store overnight/lines around the building or block, stampedes/fights, using family members/children to get around one case per customer rules, buying up the cereal aisle for the exclusive Pokemon cards that come in certain brands, etc. As bad as reselling has got for figures since corona hit, it's even worse for cards.

And I don't even care about cards myself, I just know all this from what I've seen and heard, both physically and online.

And even in the case for the cards that generally might not hold value long-term, that won't deter the scalpers. They aren't the sentimental type. They just move from one hot-ticket item to the next as soon as demand fades. And like spideyboy said, some types, like Pokemon and Magic have held their popularity pretty well since the 90s card mania.

But as for Turtles: got my hands on a Frog 2-pack. Pretty nice set overall, looking forward to getting the other 2 brothers in the future.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 11:47 am

Placeholder page for the frogs is up so set your reminders and hope for the best:

https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant ... A-82039411

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics