NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Cartoon Wave

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:44 pm

I mean the head should be a bit larger for the expressions they're doing, that makes sense. I think they look lovely! I can live with a bit shinier plastic, that doesn't bother me so much. But they have the new hips AND ankle rockers? [email protected]#$ great! Those were my biggest wants for these guys! Good news!
AgentLionel
Here comes a new challenger!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:44 pm
I mean the head should be a bit larger for the expressions they're doing, that makes sense. I think they look lovely! I can live with a bit shinier plastic, that doesn't bother me so much. But they have the new hips AND ankle rockers? [email protected]#$ great! Those were my biggest wants for these guys! Good news!
So weird about the shinier plastic. I just mentioned several pages back that I received a Leonardo vs Shredder 2-pack from a seller on Amazon that had a shiny Leo. I don't know if it was a reissue for a factory mistake or what have you but I'm surprised to see that they ditched the matte. Personally, I think the matte takes these figures to the next level. I wonder if it's an extra expense that needed to be cut to make this deluxe pack affordable with the cloth goods and head parts.

Either way - I remedied mine with a very light, careful coat of Testors Dullcote, and now he matches his brothers. I would recommend this to anyone picking up this set who wants them to match the rest of the line in terms of finish.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:21 pm

Even the series 1 turtles are bit shinier than the rest of the line because they’re basically the only figures not coated entirely in paint. And with the first series, it’s a trade-off I’m fine with since these guys get handled the most and I hate chipped paint.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:39 pm

citysushi wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:26 pm
Usagi is probably SDCC exclusive for this year.
If I remember correctly both Neca and Super7 had plans earlier for Usagi, but he's now getting his own animated series on Netflix and that's "complicated" things and both companies are waiting to know when and if I'll be able to add Usagi into their lines.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:25 pm

I mean, I'm going to be completely painting the skin on the two figures I plan to display (Donny & Mikey), so I'll lose all the glossiness that way anyway, haha.
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 am

Man, the updated articulation makes me want to upgrade. But I spent so long and so much on getting the originals. I can't afford to get all four Turtles again. I'll just try to live without the disguise Turtles.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Don't know if anyone got a response back yet, but I contacted the NECA store and got this as a response about the Pizza Monster orders:

"Hi ,

Thank you for contacting us about this. As of now the limit will remain 2. If you placed a order with 3 your order will be adjusted to the allowed quantity.

Thank you,

The NECA CS Team"
bricknator
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm

^ That answer alludes the question. Can we place a second order for a Pizza Monster if we already have an outstanding order of 2.

No answer yet on my question sent to their CS on Twitter. I may ask again via the website.
Popoman
CROM?

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm

bricknator wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm
^ That answer alludes the question. Can we place a second order for a Pizza Monster if we already have an outstanding order of 2.

No answer yet on my question sent to their CS on Twitter. I may ask again via the website.
I'm going to assume that you can't do that considering it defeats the purpose of having a limit in the first place
bricknator
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Correct. Just heard back:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but yes the duplicate order(s) and possibly the first order will be cancelled.

Thank you,

The NECA CS Team
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:18 am

So I’ve seen around social media and auction sites, sightings of the 4 pack in CA, GA, AL, TX, VA, NC, PA, and NY. Tuesday seems to be a day a lot of stores get stocked so hopefully someone from here gets lucky soon!
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:39 am

Texas? Really? Hrm, guess I better hit my stores hard.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 am

Caught the NECA rep this morning in CA but just grabbed the Defenders of the Earth figure I needed and left. He's a little slow and I didn't want to lurk over him but when I left to complete the rest of my shopping I saw the usual suspects lurking around the store. Local antique store sends his kids, nephews, nieces and employees out to the local stores to strip any collectible stuff bare. Checked their ebay's and website and didn't see any TMNT so luckily the rep didn't put any out after I left. However, the game's afoot, eh!

Has anyone had to replace a figure from the NECA store? I'm worried about breakages on the Pizza Monster and want to make sure I have an option other than eBay to replace it if I need too. Is everything final or will they honor defect replacement? Kind of made me nervous pre-ordering. I've been faced with a broken figure over no figure lately with NECA.
superdoug
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:49 pm

Wow I am seeing the disguise set selling for between $300 and $400 on eBay right now and I thought $100 for the two packs was crazy high. I really hope these come out in abundance. I could have seen myself caving in and paying an extra $25-50 to eBay to make sure I get a set because I really, really, really want it and don’t trust distribution but I cannot afford an extra $100 plus.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:08 pm

Yeah, I think scalpers are going to do very well this set, unfortunately. Certainly in the short term as a lot of people want it and it sounds like stores are just getting 2 at a time right now which is insane. That makes it too easy for someone to just snatch the whole stock if they come upon it. This kind of distribution just isn't going to cut it.

I know a lot of people are holding out hope that one of the next two Fridays will contain a pre-order for the set, but I'm pessimistic on that right now. I also wonder if this set will never get a proper pre-order, but maybe as a pair of two-packs later in the year. Maybe Pigeon Pete or Mikey's delivery hat and skateboard wind up as being exclusive to this set or something.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”