NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
wildmaiden
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:58 pm

mattmurdog wrote:It's perfect for scalpers and future flippers which, if we were to be honest, make up a large majority of folks in the toy collecting community.
They are obviously not a majority. Who are they scalping and flipping to? Each other?

This idea is silly. It's kind of like BBTS Pile of Loot I guess but with trading built in. I really don't see the point at all other than to make it easier to scalp, but why would they be trying to appeal to scalpers at the detriment of their ACTUAL majority customers? Baffling.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:22 pm

The only thing I can think of is that someone higher up at NECA saw aftermarket prices on some of the Turtles and stuff and decided they wanted a piece of that. I am assuming they're going to get some kind of cut of the digital "sales" and "trades" of these items.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:25 pm

Looks like Veebs got a care package from NECA including the black and white stuff and blue Renet. Van Helsing Splinter is in there too which makes me wonder if he'll be part of the Walmart thing tomorrow. Maybe NECA sent more info on how the whole thing works that Veebs will be able to share either here or on the front page soon.

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:26 pm

Misfit wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:01 pm
We'll find out when tomorrow comes and we see what the MSRP on these is. My guess is $40, but I wouldn't be shocked at $50. And I expect some fees to be mingled in as well, whether they're upfront and transparent is anyone's guess.
That's my biggest worry, that these fees are going to be built in and how this is going to actually affect me.

This isn't a service I will ever use, but I can imagine a lot of flippers using it because it recreates dropshipping which has been all the rage during the pandemic as everyone has a "side hustle" to make extra money. Which is no different than collectors buying multiples to flip and subsidize their own collection.

People should be outrage at how gullible the community is and how we've created this ourselves every time someone buys and sells off eBay and marketplaces. Don't be mad at a service that is setup to capitalize off our own personas and behaviors. Go blame each and everyone that has ever bought more than one to flip/hoard, anyone that has overpaid, and anyone that has ever tried to resell at above MSRP. And if a collector has ever done any of this, don't pretend to be mad now, you're the problem and the source for this abomination.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:52 pm

Misfit wrote:Looks like Veebs got a care package from NECA including the black and white stuff and blue Renet. Van Helsing Splinter is in there too which makes me wonder if he'll be part of the Walmart thing tomorrow. Maybe NECA sent more info on how the whole thing works that Veebs will be able to share either here or on the front page soon.

Or he will be the lucky few who don’t have to deal with the bullshit
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:04 am

We’re living in a golden age for TMNT unless you’re just a normal collector who has to deal with Haulathons, Loot Crate, AutoT, and whatever the next stupid bullshit is that NECA is going to do.

Remember when it was just bad enough figures were a store exclusive? Now we have to jump through hoop after hoop, all while paying more for the priviledge.

First these stores have “collector cons,” which in itself is stupid, now there is an added layer of shit on top of it, lol.

What’s worse is that they tied the accurate Renet and Casey to this, too.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:43 am

Not yet instock, doubt the price stays at $30:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seot/5566018 ... tryType=WL
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:25 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:04 am
We’re living in a golden age for TMNT unless you’re just a normal collector who has to deal with Haulathons, Loot Crate, AutoT, and whatever the next stupid bullshit is that NECA is going to do.

Remember when it was just bad enough figures were a store exclusive? Now we have to jump through hoop after hoop, all while paying more for the priviledge.

First these stores have “collector cons,” which in itself is stupid, now there is an added layer of shit on top of it, lol.

What’s worse is that they tied the accurate Renet and Casey to this, too.
The Haulathon stuff seemed to be rather easy once that first week online got figured out. Lots of product hit the stores and it seemed like everything went online as it was supposed to. I guess the only downside was the flood of new product all at once.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:26 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:43 am
Not yet instock, doubt the price stays at $30:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seot/5566018 ... tryType=WL
At least there's not a digital upcharge, even at the regular price. I'll pick one up if it's still available when I get home from work.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:01 pm

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:03 pm

Here's the language in the listing. This thing is absurd because you basically have to read the fine print to even know that you're not buying an actual figure:

"After Purchase & FAQ:
You will receive a confirmation email from www.walmart.com within minutes of successful order placement.

A second email from [email protected] with access to your PIN will be delivered within 48 Hours*
*Pins are usually delivered in minutes or, at most, within 48 hours depending on additional order validation required by Walmart or your Credit Card company.
Redemption Instructions:
1. Visit https://autotvault.com. Create and sign into your Auto T account (make sure you sign in with the Auto T account you want to redeem your code with).

2. From the menu at the top of the screen, select Claim. Enter the code (do not enter any hyphens or spaces) and click Submit. Then follow the prompts to redeem your AutoT Collectible.

3. Email [email protected] with any customer service questions."
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:10 pm

Jesus. I just assumed the AutoT ended up overhyped and I bought a figure, because I had to put in my shipping address and all. It even had an estimated delivery date when I placed my order!

Wtf, lol.

Edit: My email confirmation for Renet even says “Estimated Delivery: Thu, Oct 13”
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 pm

This is some dumb bullshit, NECA.
Evil Monkey Pope
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:17 pm

When I try to buy blue Renet it suddenly says she's sold out.
lliving6
I wish I had super powers

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:24 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:17 pm
When I try to buy blue Renet it suddenly says she's sold out.
I keep refreshing, but I'm in the same boat.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”