Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:20 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:02 pm
sepster wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:39 pm
TENIME_art wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:00 pm
Having my individual Mouser orders drop, but no word on my complete set (or anyone else from it), I'm assuming singles are coming in first.
Do you mean the 5-Pack? I had one ship out with my latest POL.
Treating the Mouser 5-Pack as a "single figure," yes, I have two sitting in my POL as well.

But the full wave "TMNT Ultimates! Wave 6 Set of "5 Figures" (4 figures and a Mouser 5-Pack) $274.99" has yet to be fulfilled, and I have not received any e-mails for Slash or Ace, because I did not order them separately, the way I ordered two of the Mouser 5-Packs.

Gotcha. I ordered them individually as the Mousers, Ace, and Slash we're all I was interested in.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:05 am

My concern on Mister Mucky, is that they just told everyone how expensive glow in the dark shit is now, and we've heard from the...other guy, can't remember his name, how he thought they should charge more for Muckman. And they JUST charged more for Robot Rocksteady. So price is going to be stupid high, and it's an exclusive. Not a good combination.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:13 am

PantherCult wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:42 pm
Well, if they get done with the "Glow in the Dark" variants - they can shift to translucent variants like they'll be doing with Thundercats - Invisible Tygra (already pre-ordered) and Ghost Jaga (confirmed to be coming, but not formally announced) for sure, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they do a translucent "speed run" variant of Cheetarah too.

Maybe they can do a recolored variant that works like they did with frozen Lion-O? they'll find other ways to do repaints, I'm sure.
That frozen Lion-O looked pretty neat, I’d be interested in that kind of variant for turtles. Maybe it would get me to buy Ray?
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:29 am

I just don't see the point of them. Even as a kid, I never liked gimicky figures, I always wanted them to look as "normal" as possible.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:34 am

Super7 made a GiTD Muck Man figure?

Being this is a triple-whammy of big fig + GiTD + exclusive, it's gonna be expensive. I'm guessing $70-80. And I'm out. Passed on original MM since I have no attachment, and while he will pretty neat in GiTD, he won't be $80 neat. If it turns out to be like $50 and available on BBTS, I may bite.
But I don't think we've seen the last of the GiTD variants. Shredder in Toxic Green as he "mutates" into Super-Shredder. Blue Splinter as "Spirit of Splinter". And I think they'll do April in the green jumpsuit version that came with the news van; and they'll tempt everyone by only making her outfit GiTD and giving her an "improved" head that everyone will want to put on their v1 April.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:36 am

Handsome wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:29 am
I just don't see the point of them. Even as a kid, I never liked gimicky figures, I always wanted them to look as "normal" as possible.
Same. I only like gimmicks when they don't hinder any posability, and fit the character even when not in use.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:09 am

PantherCult wrote: Well, if they get done with the "Glow in the Dark" variants - they can shift to translucent variants like they'll be doing with Thundercats - Invisible Tygra (already pre-ordered) and Ghost Jaga (confirmed to be coming, but not formally announced) for sure, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they do a translucent "speed run" variant of Cheetarah too.

Maybe they can do a recolored variant that works like they did with frozen Lion-O? they'll find other ways to do repaints, I'm sure.
The most obvious repaint, and I imagine they're waiting on this until the line is a little older, is storage shell Turtles. For a line like this, where we wouldn't be expecting a gimmick, it's just the turtles we already have with colored belts and weapons, like they did with the GITD ones. Super easy. Super cheap. Super 7.

A color-changed (but probably not color-changing) Ray variant is another obvious one to get to.

Translucent is maybe a little harder to place into the line as spirits and all that aren't a big thing. But, taking a page from Articulated Icons, I think a 'shadow Foot Soldier' done in a smokey translucent would look really cool, and makes some amount of sense. More sense than the GITD version, at least.

Variant April is almost a sure thing. But, like with the storage shell turtles, I expect she'd be just a repaint, not really a 'gimmick' repaint like GITD or Translucent stuff is.

Detrimental_Fig wrote: My concern on Mister Mucky, is that they just told everyone how expensive glow in the dark shit is now, and we've heard from the...other guy, can't remember his name, how he thought they should charge more for Muckman. And they JUST charged more for Robot Rocksteady. So price is going to be stupid high, and it's an exclusive. Not a good combination.
I have zero doubt the absolutely justified complaining about Muckman's price will be immediate.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:06 pm

I'm guessing Muckman will be 75. The turtles were 65 and those molds have long since paid for themselves, so if Muckman comes in at the same price that would be a bit of a surprise. Though personally, 65 is still too much for a gimmick version of a figure I already have. Admittedly, a very good figure I already have.

And yeah, I hated gimmicks as a kid. Well, action features mostly. Glow-in-the-dark and color change stuff didn't really move the needle one way or another for me, unless the color change was part of the play. I think I had a Batman Forever Robin that changed from Dick to Robin and the mask was a color change feature so if you wanted him to be wearing it you needed to always have a cup of water nearby. The old TMNT line was actually pretty good about those gimmicks, aside from the wacky action turtles and the later boxing ones. The Toy Biz X-Men and Spider-Man lines are where it could really hurt, like every Wolverine with spring-out claws looking ridiculous because there was no room for elbow joints. I remember being so disappointed when they did the 90s Sabretooth and he had an ugly action feature that just ruined it for me. Magneto with a sparking chest, Banshee with a giant whistle sticking out of his back, there were some bad choices there.
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:48 pm

Misfit wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:06 pm
I'm guessing Muckman will be 75. The turtles were 65 and those molds have long since paid for themselves, so if Muckman comes in at the same price that would be a bit of a surprise. Though personally, 65 is still too much for a gimmick version of a figure I already have. Admittedly, a very good figure I already have.

And yeah, I hated gimmicks as a kid. Well, action features mostly. Glow-in-the-dark and color change stuff didn't really move the needle one way or another for me, unless the color change was part of the play. I think I had a Batman Forever Robin that changed from Dick to Robin and the mask was a color change feature so if you wanted him to be wearing it you needed to always have a cup of water nearby. The old TMNT line was actually pretty good about those gimmicks, aside from the wacky action turtles and the later boxing ones. The Toy Biz X-Men and Spider-Man lines are where it could really hurt, like every Wolverine with spring-out claws looking ridiculous because there was no room for elbow joints. I remember being so disappointed when they did the 90s Sabretooth and he had an ugly action feature that just ruined it for me. Magneto with a sparking chest, Banshee with a giant whistle sticking out of his back, there were some bad choices there.
You bring up a good point, and I actually am curious about how collectors here would feel if Super7 just did normal, articulated figures of characters or waves that were gimmick-heavy.

Like, I had a mutated leopard April that could transform from human to mutant, but I would have preferred just a straight up cat April figure. Or the Mutant Master wave that let you swap parts to create classic (and oddly proportioned) turtles or swap the pieces to create armored up mystical warriors. I don’t think any kid didn’t just keep them in the latter mode.

Obviously, as an adult collector, I don’t really need the gimmicks. I don’t need a Leo with spin-kick action or a Mike with popping cartoon eyes. I would like to see some of those versions just given a “back to basics” approach though.

Like, I love the Cyber Samurai wave (and they’d look great fighting Robo Bebop and Rocksteady). I don’t need spring-loaded fist launchers, but I would love those designs given actual articulation.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:38 pm

Looks like Veebs got a shipment from Super7 today. Check his twitter feed if you want to see a pic of one of the new Mikey heads on the old body. Colors look to match up just fine.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:53 pm

They better not do the STORAGE SHELL Turtles as just repaints, without their STORAGE SHELLS, lol.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:58 pm

Now I'm tempted by that Ace Duck.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:06 pm

Why the hell are there pink lines between the bottom row of teeth? I mean, I know what they were going for... but it looks terrible.

I'm definitely done with Super7, especially with what they charge for these where I live (80-85 bucks). I'm just gonna get Punker Don (if they don't mess him up) and any other rocker Turtle they might release because those were some of my favourite Playmates figures.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:24 pm

It probably looked better than green lines between the teeth like the vintage figures had (or brown for Donny).
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:52 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:24 pm
It probably looked better than green lines between the teeth like the vintage figures had (or brown for Donny).
How 'bout no lines? Why do they insist on giving Mikey buck teeth?
The top row doesn't have any which makes it stand out even more.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics