Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Wed May 25, 2022 12:58 am

mr_mxyzptlk wrote: , but I didn't post the link because I got the last 2 of 6 available.
Nah, it's cool. You can just send me one of them and we'll call it even.

I always really liked the Foot Soldier design, but I've actually stayed away from that figure because he seems to be the one with the most complaints about breakage/stuck joints.

TENIME_art wrote: Heck, I'd just be satisfied & patient if they told us they plan to do the entire Playmates line
They could say that, but would it really matter if they did? It's not like 'we plan to' is a commitment and they could still be like 'nah, this isn't selling to expectations anymore, forget it.' Anthem had a multi-year DLC and ongoing content plan when it released. The game sucked. And everything got scrapped.
All that is to say.. I don't think S7 really needs to -say- anything. If these figures sell gangbusters, S7 is obviously going to keep doing every figure anyone might want to buy. If they're doing burglar cat dude, I can't imagine anyone is off the table.

And for the record, I would absolutely probably buy updates of the Movie Star Turtles. I always really liked those figures.

Freditor wrote: I'd be pretty bummed if we didn't get all 4 rocker Turtles at some point. But even if we did get them, I'm sure it would take years with the pace they're releasing these at.
Oh yeah -- anything with S7, you'd better be planning long-term.

KarlSpace wrote: I'd say Rocker Donny is coming out in Wave 7, and we *might* see the others down the road, but I wouldn't count on it. Same way they set up the first turtle variants with Samurai Leo and Surfer Mikey, then they swerved and went with Punker Don.
I don't see any reason they wouldn't get the whole team out in the variants they start doing. The swerve in using Punker Don was introducing a new variant type into the line-up, but that doesn't mean we won't get Space Cadet Raph, and if we get Undercover Don later, that doesn't mean we won't get Rocker Leo later. In fact, I'd be very surprised if S7 didn't have some soft commitment here to do the entire team in whatever variant group they start doing.
KarlSpace wrote: , but I don't feel the same for Classic Rocker Leo or whatever he is. I think we got Punker Don because Brian is into the punk indie music scene
Brian also likes rock and metal. Leo is a hard rock/indie metal look, and Raph is heavy/hair metal. So I think maybe that's a weird bit of rationalizing of why we wouldn't get them. I imagine it has a lot more to do with 'which Turtle aren't we doing a variant of yet, and what's the coolest variant to do?' If they'd done Samurai Leo and Undercover Don first, maybe the next variant would be Rapper Mikey instead of Surfin' Mikey. I definitely don't think there's an intent to only do certain variants from each group. I definitely think we're getting all of the ones from whatever group they decide to delve into.

But that's just my feeling. I could be wrong.
theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 1:30 am

Man, Shell Slammin' Mike is awesome and I hope we get him.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

WildBill
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed May 25, 2022 4:55 am

Do y'all think Super7 would follow Neca's lead with Chrome Dome in terms of size or do you think it'd end up being closer to the most recent preorder's Robotic Bebop? Guerilla Gorilla sized General Traag? Bendy limbs for Fugitoid? Also, do y'all think mutations figures are on the table? I'd love to see Super7 tackle them as they were some of my favorites back in the day.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 1:07 pm

I'm not sure if they'd push Chrome Dome larger than Bebop and Rocksteady sized. They could, of course, and I worry about that. He could easily be the Mon-Starr of that wave and be $80.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 2:24 pm

I don't see Super7 having any interest in trying to engineer a mutating turtle or other character (they don't even want to engineer elbows on Optimus Prime that bend 90 degrees). I could see them maybe wanting to do human Bebop and Rocksteady or something based on their mutation figures.

Super7 is hard to predict because they literally just base their choices on what people in the office like from the vintage line. Their only "rule" with this line is to include a turtle in each wave. It's possible they just picked their favorite variant for each turtle for the first one, and given their connection to punk rock, it's not a huge surprise they went with Punker Don. I personally do think they intend to do Space Cadet Raph and Undercover Don as one of the few hints we've ever received about this line from Super7 directly is that the ReAction line is a solid indicator of where the Ultimates! line is going, and both of those figures have already been produced for ReAction. They're also doing that trench coat Raph with BBTS so maybe they just wanted to skip a similar Donatello for now until the BBTS exclusive is delivered.
nilocomic
Customized

Thu May 26, 2022 4:07 pm

I hope they keep Chrome Dome at regular scale. I always liked that the original figure was normal sized, cuz the giant one in the cartoon looked out of place.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:05 pm

I'd be happy if Fugitoid, General Traag, and Rat King were on the radar. Otherwise, I have wave five and a Triceraton as open POs.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:16 pm

I would be surprised if Chrome Dome didn't have some size to him. I don't think he needs to be beyond what we've already seen out of Bebop, Rocksteady, etc., but it would be weird if he was the same size as Metalhead and the turtles. If they do a Chrome Dome, it will actually be interesting to see how it compares to the NECA one. I'd be surprised if it came in any bigger than that which will make them the most comparable figures between the two lines.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri May 27, 2022 2:05 am

Does Chrome Dome -need- to be big? I mean yeah, you've got the cartoon thing. But if S7 is just interpreting the old toys in whatever way seems right to them, couldn't Chrome Dome just be basically human-sized?
nilocomic
Customized

Fri May 27, 2022 6:33 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Does Chrome Dome -need- to be big? I mean yeah, you've got the cartoon thing. But if S7 is just interpreting the old toys in whatever way seems right to them, couldn't Chrome Dome just be basically human-sized?
That’s what I figured. He was human-sized in the SNES Tournament Fighters. Hopefully his face would be thinner too, instead the rounder look of the Neca/cartoon version.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 7:21 am

Oh speaking of Tournament Fighters, who was that Street Sharks looking guy? I've got a display in mind assuming they make Rat King and General Traag. I'm pretty sure we should get Rat King at some point. I feel like he's too popular for Super7 to skip. But I'm not so sure about General Traag. If they don't make Traag, I'd be willing to give his spot to that shark guy, I always liked picking him in Tournament Fighters. Was it like Armageddon? Obviously I wasn't that big of a fan if I can't remember his name..
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 12:56 pm

The shard is Armagon. He's from the Archie comics. Right now, a Tournament Fighters version of him is *supposed* to be released in Loot Crate, but no one knows if we'll ever get those Loot Crates.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 pm

Anyone else have the Genesis version of Tournament Fighters and hoping for Sisyphus?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 2:27 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Need? No, but that's true of almost every figure in the line. It's almost entirely subjective, unless Playmates listed the character's height on the back of the card (they didn't). Otherwise, you just have the figure and the card art and those usually depicted everyone roughly the same. The bio does describe him to be "like Shredder," mostly in reference to the fighting styles programmed into him, but one could interpret him as just a fancy, more advanced, foot soldier and make him about the same as that. Seems like the smallest he would be then is Shredder/Foot Soldier, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Super7 went bigger. NECA's being so big might give them reason to do something smaller since we know they're not able to do vac metal as a means of differentiating the two.
WildBill
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri May 27, 2022 4:29 pm

Yeah, I'm all about Chrome Dome not being super sized, but I get a feeling they might supe him up at least to that Robotic Bebop. Another question though is Krang's Android Body. Will they go with the figure that was scaled to the rest of the line with a smaller Krang? The giant with a Krang the same size as the one we're getting in the next wave? Do they eventually make updates of both? There's a precedent for a larger Android Body, but I'd personally prefer one that is more in scale with Shredder. Either way, I'm interested to see how that turns out whenever they get to it.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”