NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:52 pm

There's another accessory that isn't pictured there, it's like a handheld device type of thing, and the handle is on the left side.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:25 pm

citysushi wrote:
There's another accessory that isn't pictured there, it's like a handheld device type of thing, and the handle is on the left side.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean now. And is it possible to pop that cable off and plug it in on the other side of the back-pack? It seems like a flexible material.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:05 pm

Fellow FWoosher MikeTRobot helped me in getting the toon quarter scale Donatello. The calendar store had him on sale for 50% off, but none around me had any stock, but Mikey was able to find one near him and we met up yesterday. I know the quarter scale line isn't super popular here, but they certainly are nice. And quite beefy. Also, an interesting observation with Donatello, back when Raph dropped I saw multiple reviews stating that NECA omitted a thigh swivel on the figure. More recently, Anthony's Custome did a review of Don and Raph and noted that there definitely is a thigh swivel, it's just probably stuck on basically every figure released. I never got it to move with my Raph, but Donnie actually came with extra lubricant on the joint and getting his thigh to twist wasn't too bad. I'll have to go back to Raph and see if I can free that thing, but it's interesting because now these quarter scale versions can be confirmed to have every bit of articulation as the 1/12 iteration and then some (these have double-jointed elbows, for example). Balancing them in anything too exotic is definitely a challenge since they're about 3.5lbs, but these are definitely pretty rad and you certainly can't beat that price. If you're into this line, definitely check if you have a calendar store nearby and see if you get lucky. Leonardo is supposedly next, but I have yet to see a solicitation go up for him.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:17 pm

I waffled on getting these, ultimately passed, and now regret it. Anywhere to pick them up reasonably priced or am I SOL?
ToyEcstatic
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:57 pm

I'm just buzzed about the TID getting restocked at Target. New chance at getting them, now with a new Paint.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:17 pm
I waffled on getting these, ultimately passed, and now regret it. Anywhere to pick them up reasonably priced or am I SOL?
BBTS still has him up for preorder, I believe. Amazon has Donatello in stock for slightly more. Not sure on Raph. As I said, if you have a calendar store local (I think it's just called The Calendar Store, or Go Calendar, or something), they may have Donatello. He's 50% off there, but they upcharge to start so he ends up being a little less than 80 bucks.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:24 pm

Freditor wrote:
citysushi wrote:
Oh yeah, I know what you mean now. And is it possible to pop that cable off and plug it in on the other side of the back-pack? It seems like a flexible material.
Not sure. I tried, but it wasn't coming off easily, so I didn't want to risk breaking it. There is a similar tab on the other side though, so it MAY be possible. For now, what I did is use a pointy bit on the right side to go inside the opening part of the gun to kinda hang it there.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 pm

citysushi wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:24 pm
Freditor wrote:
citysushi wrote:
Not sure. I tried, but it wasn't coming off easily, so I didn't want to risk breaking it. There is a similar tab on the other side though, so it MAY be possible. For now, what I did is use a pointy bit on the right side to go inside the opening part of the gun to kinda hang it there.
Yeah, that tab is the peg I was talking about. Seems weird they would put one on the other side if you weren't meant to switch.

Anyway, not a big deal for me. I intend to display him with that other accessory and the gun in his left hand.
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:47 pm

I was rearranging my display when I accidentally discovered something new in regards to rat king. The canister he came with dropped on the floor and I thought it broke. It turns out it opens and has some stuff in it. I have no idea what the canister is and what the stuff inside is supposed to be. But neat detail i didn’t know about.
ToyEcstatic
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:54 pm

Can anyone please let me know if they found any TID at their Targets. Because I really need to get them.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:00 am

SpiderHulkThing wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:47 pm
I was rearranging my display when I accidentally discovered something new in regards to rat king. The canister he came with dropped on the floor and I thought it broke. It turns out it opens and has some stuff in it. I have no idea what the canister is and what the stuff inside is supposed to be. But neat detail i didn’t know about.
Yeah, it's a little fun Easter egg that wasn't really mentioned. Similar to Ace Duck and his bill being swapable
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:28 am

I am thinking about opening up my neca diorama display. Can one of you fine folks measure yours for me so i can make sure I have enough room for it? All dimensions please and thank you. Also let me know how tall with and without the backdrop if you can.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:59 am

SpiderHulkThing wrote:
I am thinking about opening up my neca diorama display. Can one of you fine folks measure yours for me so i can make sure I have enough room for it? All dimensions please and thank you. Also let me know how tall with and without the backdrop if you can.
I posted a review awhile back with some dimensions: “ The finished diorama accomplishes two goals: it looks great and it provides a lot of room for toys. The unit itself is pretty large measuring around 19″ tall, 13″ deep, and 25″ wide. Factoring in the backdrop brings it to around 27″ tall…”

https://thenostalgiaspot.com/2021/05/24 ... e-diorama/
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:58 am

ToyEcstatic wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:54 pm
Can anyone please let me know if they found any TID at their Targets. Because I really need to get them.
If you had read the last few pages, you would see that at least 2 people have found the sets in store.
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:11 pm

Misfit wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:59 am
SpiderHulkThing wrote:
I posted a review awhile back with some dimensions: “ The finished diorama accomplishes two goals: it looks great and it provides a lot of room for toys. The unit itself is pretty large measuring around 19″ tall, 13″ deep, and 25″ wide. Factoring in the backdrop brings it to around 27″ tall…”

https://thenostalgiaspot.com/2021/05/24 ... e-diorama/
Thanks buddy and awesome review!

Most of my stuff is displayed behind cabinet doors like detolf s and a few curio cabinets. The diorama would be in an open space and I have little kids. I do have a lock on my mancave. I collect two sets when I can of the TMNT stuff and closet space is running out. Figure it’s about time to crack this all open. Fingers cross the kids behave.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics