NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Prospects for new NECA Mirage stuff?

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:46 am

Maximoff wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:09 am
Wasn’t it that their molds got stolen or some shit? Or issues with the factory and the factory kept or destroyed them. I feel like I remember hearing that many years ago.
I thought so. I never figured we were getting rereleases of the turtles because of that.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

I wonder if that applies to April as well? I never was crazy about her sculpt so I didn’t pick it up, but I wasn’t sure if she shared parts with other figures they were doing at the time that would lead us to believe they still have those molds. They also included the unreleased variants they had planned for her on that checklist from December so I’ve been assuming she’s coming back (I’m actually surprised they didn’t stick her in a Loot Crate). I don’t know if NECA has ever commented on that stolen rumor. I know Playmates was pissed about the deal Mirage brokered with NECA for those figures, I wonder if they flexed some muscle and were able to get NECA to destroy them to avoid legal action? That would explain the silence, or maybe NECA doesn’t want to publicly admit something of theirs was stolen like that.
chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:07 am

I hope the yellow April gets released (I'm sure she will). I'll throw her with my toon turtles. I couldn't pull the trigger on their toon attempt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:03 pm

Maybe it was already said, but Neca did just confirm on Twitter they are not doing the old turtles again because they were “bootlegged to death.” Sucks for anyone who wanted the official ones and never got them. But it will be cool to get new versions.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:34 pm

I would love to see some mirage turtles that are based on Michael Dooney’s art. But with interchangeable heads that have the multicolored headbands. Because if Neca can’t secure the likeness rights to the 2k3 turtles then this is at least the next best thing as the designs of the turtles are nearly identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisLyne
Super Poseable

Sat May 01, 2021 12:38 am

Sign me up for a set of Dooney Turtles! And for later (Leo/Vol. 1 #10-11 era) Eastman/Laird, which is what I image we’ll get first.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 1:36 am

I'm not so crazy on the Mirage stuff, but I'd be down for anything Archie related.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Sat May 01, 2021 2:21 am

I’m ready for a couple new styles of Mirage TMNT. The Foot would be easy rereleases with new accessories. Triceratons and Utroms are near the top of my list.
citysushi
CROM!

Sat May 01, 2021 2:35 am

Slixta wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:36 am
I'm not so crazy on the Mirage stuff, but I'd be down for anything Archie related.
Mirage, Archie, IDW, heck, even Image, bring it on.
chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 5:14 am

It's not a priority for me, but I would love to have a set of the Image turtles. Tons of interesting storylines and designs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jead
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat May 01, 2021 6:52 am

I'm down for late-Mirage turtles or Image turtles. It'd scratch my turtles itch perfectly. Throw in Casey, April, Splinter, and Fugitoid and I'll collect the whole damn line. I hope they go crazy with the mousers this time around.
dagodfather
Is Gonna Make You An Offer...

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Already in June, is this comic line still happening? I’ve held off on the toon figures for these.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Since it's a comic line, my assumption has always been they wanted to reveal it at San Diego Comic Con and likely as one of those "Check out these new figures, and you can go online and order them right now!" with delivery before the end of the year. Trevor at NECA confirmed they had actively sculpted some new figures, so it's just a matter of when. Always possible things could have changed and they're now a 2022 release, of course.
the-killer-wc
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:40 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:59 pm
I am really looking for new turtle designs for how they looked later in the series where they were boxier and larger. Something like this below

Look I KNOW is the tail, but I can't unseen it as something else.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”