NECA: TMNT Movie Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
citysushi
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Movie Series

Wed May 12, 2021 4:23 am

No shipping notice for either set yet, but maybe they already shipped and I just didn't get the notice (hopes).
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed May 12, 2021 5:09 am

citysushi wrote:No shipping notice for either set yet, but maybe they already shipped and I just didn't get the notice (hopes).
If you have the FedEx delivery manager app then you will see a tracking number on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 pm

Just got notice....and my accessory set is already out for delivery?! Cowabunga!

Update: Four walking, talking (baby) turtles spotted in Springfield, MO!

NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Mine is out for delivery as well. And I kinda don't know why I ordered it aside from FOMO. These will all just get stored.
TCRI
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed May 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Only reason I never pre-ordered this is because I believed they were going to be available overseas.... I'm in the UK and could do with the high shipping. But now I'm starting to regret it.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 7:40 pm

Mine delivered today. Shocked that I had the “out for delivery” email this morning...it’s usually two weeks from the level creation to delivery when I order direct from NECA.
panther10

NECA: TMNT Movie Series

Wed May 12, 2021 8:16 pm

I got my set in and immediately decided to put some heads on a redundant set of turtles I have set up on my Soto themed diorama display. I think I underestimated how silly these alternate portraits look because even for Soto standards, seeing the turtles face off against a bunch of foot soldiers, Tokka and Razar, and the super shredder looks unbelievably goofy with these giant grins plastered on their faces. I just can’t take this seriously at all.

featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Finally, the best moment in the movie!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 8:27 pm

I don't think these new head portraits are intended for battle poses. They're all taken from specific scenes in the film that are fairly light-hearted. They're for people who don't just want to pose their turtles ready for battle, which is why I passed on the set. I just don't have the room or desire to create such a display, though I may regret that once I have April and Danny.
panther10

Wed May 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Misfit wrote:I don't think these new head portraits are intended for battle poses. They're all taken from specific scenes in the film that are fairly light-hearted. They're for people who don't just want to pose their turtles ready for battle, which is why I passed on the set. I just don't have the room or desire to create such a display, though I may regret that once I have April and Danny.
Oh no doubt that these figures were meant for recreating more lighthearted scenes in the movie, but most of the movie sets and characters from those scenes are in short supply so we kind of have to make due with what we have. If that means displaying these turtle heads with the goofy expressions against a horde of shambling bad guys for the sake of a little levity, than so be it.

Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Wed May 12, 2021 9:34 pm

I definitely only ordered the accessory pack because I was already getting the diorama and I just added it to the order. But now that I'm seeing it in peoples' hands, it is pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to setting up the baby turtles and using the accessories in my displays.
panther10

Wed May 12, 2021 9:40 pm

The extra bits and bobs are nice, but what we really need next is an accessory pack for the diorama itself, complete with furnishings and backdrops for the walls. Until that happens, I don’t think I’ll ever stick my turtle figures inside the dio. No sense in doing that if it will always look incomplete

Samurai8472
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 1:04 am

Just asking but would anyone be willing to sell one of the accessory heads? Please PM me if you are wanting to do that.

I'm particularly interested in the Mikey head.
Child_of_the_90's
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu May 13, 2021 3:18 am

Just got a notice for both the toon dio and the accessory pack.

I may need to get another set of turtles just to use the new heads with. Also, really looking forward to the baby turtles as I never picked up the 1/4 inch versions.

I really hope the Toon 4-pack gets an online release as those are the looks I want for the toon dio.
crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 13, 2021 7:38 pm

How do we go about swapping the heads? Hot water? I tried just pulling, but was afraid I was going to break something...

Wasn't sure if NECA figures could handle being put in hot water.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”