NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
User avatar
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media
Posts: 3639
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Sun May 09, 2021 5:29 pm

When I worked for TRU the only reps we had (at least the ones I dealt with) came from Mattel and Hasbro. They just wanted to make sure we were properly featuring new product. Barbie, HWs and even DC had their own reps. Hasbro sent reps in when a new TF line came out. The Hasbro people knew the product and knew their stuff. Mattel reps were often morons. They weren't allowed in the back room so they'd come in with a print out of product they wanted to stock. So I'd spend an hour or two scanning out and bringing it all down. They'd fart around all day, not stock anything and leave me or someone in the night crew to scan all that product back in and put them back into storage. Lord I hated them!!
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Sun May 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:When I worked for TRU the only reps we had (at least the ones I dealt with) came from Mattel and Hasbro. They just wanted to make sure we were properly featuring new product. Barbie, HWs and even DC had their own reps. Hasbro sent reps in when a new TF line came out. The Hasbro people knew the product and knew their stuff. Mattel reps were often morons. They weren't allowed in the back room so they'd come in with a print out of product they wanted to stock. So I'd spend an hour or two scanning out and bringing it all down. They'd fart around all day, not stock anything and leave me or someone in the night crew to scan all that product back in and put them back into storage. Lord I hated them!!
Lol, yeah i was with tru 5 years and the last 2 years i was there NECA moved to direct to store and become a vendor item. The rep was just as bad as the mattel one. The hasbro and lego reps were good for us though.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Boke18
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Sun May 09, 2021 7:55 pm

I do think they need a better system than whatever vendor they are using. Some stores the NECA vendor has been MIA for weeks. At some stores the Target employees go in back and just stock stuff now because I'm sure they are tired of collectors asking lol.

My store has said they have to wait for the vendor and they can't go in back and bring this stuff out. I've heard this a few times from others collectors as well. But I feel that's more so Target management trying to clamp down on the the problems the store is facing with collectors in general.
Blaster818
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:11 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:10 pm
Good to hear. Yeah no notification on my end either. Still by the time Target sends me an alert (and I've jumped on the site the second I've received one before) it's sold out again.

Well if you want some positive news the alert I got for Rat King/Vernon was instant, I pointed and clicked, and one and done in 60 seconds. These frog boys aren't as popular I may be so bold to say, so who knows. I know that for me NECA is getting into to obscure territory, like I'm completely passing on the Pizza Monster, and Muckman... couldn't care less about them. I need the four frogs, Irma, Burn, a Paddy Wagon, maybe a blimp and a sewer lair playset and I'm good on this line. After that its cherry picking city for me.
User avatar
Maximoff
no more subnics
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hiney
Posts: 8444
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 4:04 am

Merchandise vendors are also so the company can control their stock and display. The area right next to Neca that has all the McFarlane and others various lines has been an absolute wreck for months because it’s targets job to stock and organize. Literally there was an opened Billie Eilish doll chilling on the shelf with the remnants of its opened box for over a month at my store. But the Neca section at least gets reorganized every week because they have to send photos in to show they did their job. LEGO does this because they are really specific with how their stuff is displayed. A close friend of mine is a rep for Nintendo and does targets, Best Buy’s, and GameStop’s all across my area.
User avatar
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media
Posts: 3639
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 10:41 am

I remember hitting the old TRU on Black Friday at the time the 7" Chris Reeve Superman figure was making the rounds. A supervisor friend told me the rep walked in and literally said "F#$% this!" and walked out. He was pissed so he went in the back and started stocking the box. Luckily for me I got Superman and the Adam West Batman. The supervisor said the rep was MIA for a month and it was getting ridiculous. A complaint was raised to NECA but nothing came of it. After that the rep started showing up less frequently so the supervisors only started stocking product themselves and it was like a golden age for NECA. When the rep did show up she'd complain about what they were doing but still came whenever she wanted.

Funny thing about the current Target rep, the Target employees just flex whatever product into the NECA section so about a month and a half ago, last time the rep came in that I noticed, he grabbed a stack of MEGO Stan Lee's in the NECA space and just chucked them over to the video game endcap. I was like "Yeah, get that MEGO junk out of here." He smiled. I told him how excited I was for the NECA Universal monsters so I could get rid of my MEGO ones and he looked like I just explained how the intermix chamber on a Galaxy class starship worked so I guess in hindsight these reps know nothing of the product and it's just a job.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 2:12 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:I remember hitting the old TRU on Black Friday at the time the 7" Chris Reeve Superman figure was making the rounds. A supervisor friend told me the rep walked in and literally said "F#$% this!" and walked out. He was pissed so he went in the back and started stocking the box. Luckily for me I got Superman and the Adam West Batman. The supervisor said the rep was MIA for a month and it was getting ridiculous. A complaint was raised to NECA but nothing came of it. After that the rep started showing up less frequently so the supervisors only started stocking product themselves and it was like a golden age for NECA. When the rep did show up she'd complain about what they were doing but still came whenever she wanted.

Funny thing about the current Target rep, the Target employees just flex whatever product into the NECA section so about a month and a half ago, last time the rep came in that I noticed, he grabbed a stack of MEGO Stan Lee's in the NECA space and just chucked them over to the video game endcap. I was like "Yeah, get that MEGO junk out of here." He smiled. I told him how excited I was for the NECA Universal monsters so I could get rid of my MEGO ones and he looked like I just explained how the intermix chamber on a Galaxy class starship worked so I guess in hindsight these reps know nothing of the product and it's just a job.
100% just a job. They come in, stock the shelf, take a photo, and leave to the next store. They repeat for a completely different company. They have nothing to do with neca directly, unless they are instructed by their manager to take product, box it up and ship it back to NECA. Thats why target doesn't clearance old neca stuff generally (seen them clearance NECA as "damaged" though even though it isn't), it just gets sent back to neca eventually. Same reason when toys r us went out of business NECA product that came in after they became "vendor items" wasnt included in liquidation sales. The reps went into most stores, took all the items on their list, boxed it and sent it back to neca.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Maximoff
no more subnics
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hiney
Posts: 8444
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 4:33 pm

For sure a job. I’ve seen my rep also stocking books or dvds. Neca hires a rep company or many rep companies across the country to send an employee out to stock their items. That’s it. My rep is at least a little nerdy in that she wanted that Elvis Stitch plush, but mostly she just knows the product as it exists. Like the annoyance of too many Godzilla figures taking up space. She knows turtle stuff is popular because enough people have come up to her asking for them. Like any employee you’re going to have people who do the job and people who slack off or are just insane.

I don’t know if contacting Neca will fix a rep issue. I’ve noticed on Twitter when people show them how sad looking their targets Neca section is they will ask for a location to probably check if they have a rep in that area. But quality of employee is probably left to the rep company.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 4:51 pm

weizie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:31 pm
Zombie F-Body wrote:When I worked for TRU the only reps we had (at least the ones I dealt with) came from Mattel and Hasbro. They just wanted to make sure we were properly featuring new product. Barbie, HWs and even DC had their own reps. Hasbro sent reps in when a new TF line came out. The Hasbro people knew the product and knew their stuff. Mattel reps were often morons. They weren't allowed in the back room so they'd come in with a print out of product they wanted to stock. So I'd spend an hour or two scanning out and bringing it all down. They'd fart around all day, not stock anything and leave me or someone in the night crew to scan all that product back in and put them back into storage. Lord I hated them!!
Lol, yeah i was with tru 5 years and the last 2 years i was there NECA moved to direct to store and become a vendor item. The rep was just as bad as the mattel one. The hasbro and lego reps were good for us though.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
We never had a NECA rep when I was at TRU, but the other reps...hoo boy. Hasbro rep seemed spacey/drunk and would always try to steal more space for things. Spin Masters reps kept to themselves and would also try to steal more space for Bakugan and things. Mattel rep was a joy. She was my favorite person, would always help if need be, knew her stuff, super friendly. Barely saw the Lego rep, but she'd come and do her stuff and be done. Nintendo rep lady was very nice too, gave me free swag when I'd chat with her. Xbox rep was just very "here to do the job and leave" and the Sony rep never showed up. Fun times.
User avatar
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media
Posts: 3639
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Only social media I do is Instragram mainly for contacting NECA and I'll message them periodically about the lack of product. Haven't ever heard back but I'm sure it's me and a thousand other people doing it too. They know. Same thing with bigger companies like Sony and Microsoft. I've got a special savings account set aside for a Series X and PS5 but at this stage I think bigfoot coming over and hanging out is more likely to happen than me actually finding one of those things. Guess I can pay some bills off with the money or get some Bitcoin!
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4030
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 7:48 pm

The Sony, Nintendo, & XBox reps always gave me free swag when they would come in. I'm pretty sure I have a box somewhere filled with random crap & a million lanyards.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media
Posts: 3639
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 pm

I got a Bay movie 1 TF button from a Hasbro rep! Only thing I ever got. Like coins in the army. I was always gone when some big wig officer came in and gave everyone coins.
citysushi
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Mon May 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 pm
I got a Bay movie 1 TF button from a Hasbro rep! Only thing I ever got. Like coins in the army. I was always gone when some big wig officer came in and gave everyone coins.
Aw man. :(

I been working for the Army for 11 years, and I've only gotten 1 coin. :(
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17320
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Tue May 11, 2021 5:35 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm
get some Bitcoin!
You can just give me that money. It'd be doing the same thing. :wink:


No sign of turtles or frogs around me that I can see. NECA sections are pretty empty at the moment at the stores I have hit.
User avatar
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media
Posts: 3639
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Tue May 11, 2021 8:36 am

citysushi wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:11 pm
Zombie F-Body wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 pm
I got a Bay movie 1 TF button from a Hasbro rep! Only thing I ever got. Like coins in the army. I was always gone when some big wig officer came in and gave everyone coins.
Aw man. :(

I been working for the Army for 11 years, and I've only gotten 1 coin. :(
I got my first of two pulling CQ at the training company HHC over a weekend in boot at Benning. Some BG came in and since we showed him "proper military courtesy" he handed the two of us coins. Other came when the BC during our Noble Eagle deployment had his own coins made and gave everyone in the BN one. The rest were just the commemorative base ones I bought at the PX!

NECA responded to my DM today and asked for store numbers and would check on it. They did say that the area is being recorded as stocked regularly. Think I may put in for one of those ambassador gigs since I'm there so much.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”