Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
hisdudeness9829
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Fri May 21, 2021 7:06 pm

So, I’m an impatient collector and really want to dive into this line (I know, I know). It looks like Panthro is still around for not terrible prices on Amazon and eBay. Should I get the error pants version or wait for version two at the end of the year? Any advice is welcome!
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Fri May 21, 2021 7:26 pm

First of all, this line is not for the impatient - wave two went up for pre-order in January 2020, and is expected to ship sometime towards the fall 2021.

With that said, I see no reason to get the first release Panthro for Ebay prices if you can still pre-order the fixed second release at the standard price. You'll spend a long time putting together this collection anyway, might as well get used to the waiting and save yourself a few bucks and having to swap pants.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 22, 2021 4:52 pm

hisdudeness9829 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:06 pm
So, I’m an impatient collector and really want to dive into this line (I know, I know). It looks like Panthro is still around for not terrible prices on Amazon and eBay. Should I get the error pants version or wait for version two at the end of the year? Any advice is welcome!
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, but I've pre-ordered near everything on Big Bad Toy Store as I'd rather have the corrected Panthro. Lion-O is supposed to have a slightly improved paint job, too, so hopefully he'll be worth the wait.

I bought Super 7's mummy Mumm-Ra so I'd have something new to tide me over, and I really love it and especially it's wired cape. Hopefully by end of summer/early fall we'll be swimming in these guys!
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 pm

So right now I am only missing Jackalman from Wave 1. Anyone know where I could still find him for a good price?
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 26, 2021 11:09 pm

MikeTRobot wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 pm
So right now I am only missing Jackalman from Wave 1. Anyone know where I could still find him for a good price?
Haven't really seen him for less than about $70. I have the Mattel version, and keep thinking of upgrading, but really, aside from the extra head and the corrected weapons you can send off for from Super 7, there's not much different. I can't convince myself to pay higher than retail for him when the Third Earth Matty version is pretty inexpensive.
Toy Hound
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:39 am

I really hope we get some movement soon. I'm really interested to see who is in wave 5. I understand about the issues with the line and things being out of their control for slowing down. I love Super7 and I'm thankful for them and making figures of the characters that I love and couldn't wait to watch their adventures back in the day, but its been awhile since the preorders went up and I just need a little something to tide me over until the next line releases. Do you folks think that they will do an apology booster pack of extra weapons or maybe a slug figure of someone like a random background snarf or some kind of extra, due to the issue with wave two?
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:57 am

Well, *if* they manage to stick to their latest projections, then I guess we can expect to see a new wave announcement in August or September. It's going to be weird tho, with their baclkog of three waves, all releasing within a month of each other, there will be another really long wait (12months+) until wave 5 would ship, so sometime Q4 2022. This line is cursed, honestly :mrgreen:
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Don't worry, three waves of T-cats isn't going to show up within a month of each other. Super7 has never delivered three waves of anything Ultimates within a month.
Toy Hound
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:21 am

Hopefully once the next few waves release, we get more then one wave for preorder that isn’t spaced out by 6 months
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:06 am

With the Silverhawks reveal getting closer I decided I would need the main cast of Thundercats to go with them so I just preordered on BBTS.

I’ll probably need the main villains too, has there been any discussion about a V2 Jackalman being released like the other V2s?

What about a re-release of mummy Mumm-Ra?
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:06 pm

Somebody's comment in the TMNT forum about NECA potentially losing the TMNT license soon got me thinking- is it possible that that would also apply to Super 7? So in terms of their limited factory resource they have intentionally put Thundercats on the back burner a bit to try to crank out more TMNT?
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:31 pm

scribb wrote:
Somebody's comment in the TMNT forum about NECA potentially losing the TMNT license soon got me thinking- is it possible that that would also apply to Super 7? So in terms of their limited factory resource they have intentionally put Thundercats on the back burner a bit to try to crank out more TMNT?
For a lot of reasons, I highly doubt that's a concern.
Last Archer
Customized

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:57 pm

scribb wrote:
You have to remember that they're dealing with "term license contracts" ( or however they phrase it these days). So it's not so much a matter of "loosing" a contract as the owner of the license simply opting not to renew with whatever company has been producing merchandise for whatever reason(s) they feel justify the decision.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am

Where is that news coming from. I haven’t seen any talk of NECA Turtles ending.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:19 am

september_death wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am
Where is that news coming from. I haven’t seen any talk of NECA Turtles ending.
People are just worried because of the amount they are producing and far they are getting that this could mean they are trying to get as much as possible out as fast as they can. I would put much thought on it.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”