Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:24 pm

Same (though, with Hammerhand, and FINALLY the wave 1 Valaverse Action Force stuff)!
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:32 pm

Got Bengali and Hammerhand in this morning!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:34 pm

chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:31 pm
xTIMMYxCOREx wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 pm
Looks like they over produced the Hook Mountain Lion-O… didn’t sell out at the show and now it’s also on BBTS!
Would be nice if BBTS was also getting the GITD Turtles. I'm definitely interested but not so interested in I wanna pay that amount up front a year before they actually ship.

As for Lion-O, bummed I payed the higher S7 shipping but glad it'll be available for more people. Kinda looks like EVERYTHING they had for SDCC is available on BBTS which is... surprising. Unless they planned for them to be kind of a co-exclusive the entire time?
They were super clear in all their messaging that “whatever was left over from the Con will go on the website,” implying they brought their full stock to sell at the con. Brian Flynn answered as such in IG comments too.

Just think none of this stuff sold as well as they thought it would, or just overproduced.
dagodfather
Is Gonna Make You An Offer...

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:12 pm

I have the original Mattel Lion-O, which suits me just fine, I think. However, I’ve noticed there is a Super 7, V2 out there. What is the difference between their V1 and V2?
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:20 pm

Roufuss wrote:
chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
xTIMMYxCOREx wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 pm
Looks like they over produced the Hook Mountain Lion-O… didn’t sell out at the show and now it’s also on BBTS!
Would be nice if BBTS was also getting the GITD Turtles. I'm definitely interested but not so interested in I wanna pay that amount up front a year before they actually ship.

As for Lion-O, bummed I payed the higher S7 shipping but glad it'll be available for more people. Kinda looks like EVERYTHING they had for SDCC is available on BBTS which is... surprising. Unless they planned for them to be kind of a co-exclusive the entire time?
They were super clear in all their messaging that “whatever was left over from the Con will go on the website,” implying they brought their full stock to sell at the con. Brian Flynn answered as such in IG comments too.

Just think none of this stuff sold as well as they thought it would, or just overproduced.
They're going to say 'whatever is left over will be sold online' to maximize profits during the show. Doesnt sound as appealing and exclusive for the attendees if they say that have a huge chunk of stock earmarked for online sales afterwards and theyll be easily available online for anyone who wants one.
canprime
CROM!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:22 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:20 pm
Roufuss wrote:
chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:

They're going to say 'whatever is left over will be sold online' to maximize profits during the show. Doesnt sound as appealing and exclusive for the attendees if they say that have a huge chunk of stock earmarked for online sales afterwards and theyll be easily available online for anyone who wants one.
Yeah it would be a bit like shooting yourself in the foot before the Con.

This is good news for Canadians as BBTS usually has better shipping rates/options than Super7.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:59 pm

dagodfather wrote:
I have the original Mattel Lion-O, which suits me just fine, I think. However, I’ve noticed there is a Super 7, V2 out there. What is the difference between their V1 and V2?
Extra head, extra accessories, slightly different paintjob.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:47 pm

I just got Frozen Lion-O and while I expected the new arms/legs I didn't expect the new torso joint or heads that are now two part (hair & head different pieces vs one solid like the previous). Not a huge thing but it is an improvement. The new torso is so incredibly similar to the old its surprising they even bothered but it look sliiiiightly better to me and has a better neck joint so thats a solid win in my book. I'm a sucker so I'll definitely get a standard colored should they release ANOTHER one on this body (and they already had me with the LJN version).

I've honestly been incredibly turned off by Super7's Transformers and all of their TMNT stuff that isn't the turtles themselves - but this Lion-O is good enough that I put in orders for the rest of the main cast & mirror Lion-O even though the main dude is kinda the only T-cats character I really have any nostalgia for but if I'm happy with Tigra/Panthro/Cheetara I'll definitely go back for at least Mumm-ra if not a few others.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:50 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
dagodfather wrote:
I think what they mean by the 2.0 in most listings is that its a re-release of Super7s Lion-O (which already had all those extra bits). Nothing really different between their first and second releases from Super7 other than sometimes some better paint on the faces but either are worth going for over Mattels just for the extra accessories.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:57 pm

Ah, my bad.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:28 pm

This guy seems quite salty about Lion-O V2: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/37PkFsIjmA4
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:51 pm

chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
dagodfather wrote:
I think what they mean by the 2.0 in most listings is that its a re-release of Super7s Lion-O (which already had all those extra bits). Nothing really different between their first and second releases from Super7 other than sometimes some better paint on the faces but either are worth going for over Mattels just for the extra accessories.
I'm actually considering seeking out a Mattel Lion-O because his colors are more vibrant than the Super7 versions. I've noticed as the line is carrying on the tcats are looking more and more vibrant, almost making Lion-O seem out of place when viewing them collectively
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:59 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:51 pm
chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:

I'm actually considering seeking out a Mattel Lion-O because his colors are more vibrant than the Super7 versions. I've noticed as the line is carrying on the tcats are looking more and more vibrant, almost making Lion-O seem out of place when viewing them collectively
I donno, I've got both Mattel and S7 in front of me, and I'm not seeing much, if any difference in vibrancy of colors. They look like a pretty close match. If anything, the Mattel unitard looks just a bit darker/duller. But skin is the same. Even the hair on Mattel is just slightly darker. I'd take a picture, but I don't think my camera or lighting will pick up the differences.
Jd1000
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:10 am

Wave 5 is outstanding. Best wave yet I’d say.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:13 pm

Awesome figure, he just oozes personality

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”