Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
herohunt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:10 pm

I decided to go back and look at the timeline for these in the last year.

Series 3 went up for preorder in April.
Series 1 came out in September.
Series 4 went up for preorder in September (7 months ago).
Series 1 Booster Pack came out in January.
Thundertank went up for preorder in February.

That's it. It's surprising to me they only announced two waves in the last year. I imagine the Thundertank has delayed everything else going forward as far as announcing more waves.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:13 pm

herohunt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:10 pm
I decided to go back and look at the timeline for these in the last year.

Series 3 went up for preorder in April.
Series 1 came out in September.
Series 4 went up for preorder in September (7 months ago).
Series 1 Booster Pack came out in January.
Thundertank went up for preorder in February.

That's it. It's surprising to me they only announced two waves in the last year. I imagine the Thundertank has delayed everything else going forward as far as announcing more waves.
They said that they won't reveal Wave 5 until another of the waves actually hits retail. I hope it's soon, as the wait is rough, and I didn't even jump on these until late in the game!
FlexionDynamo
Customized

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 pm

Me too. I didn't get re-release preorder Lion-o, Mumra and Panthro until right before I got the Thundertank. I refused to get the Thundertank if I had to pay eBay prices on the core figures
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:17 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:13 pm

They said that they won't reveal Wave 5 until another of the waves actually hits retail. I hope it's soon, as the wait is rough, and I didn't even jump on these until late in the game!
They have said this for TCats AND TMNT, yet people are still screaming for announcing the next waves of both lines.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 am

Honestly, I think they are in a bit of an unfortunate situation now. A lot of pre-orders (including the tank) and really not much to show after 1.5 years. And to be fair, the first wave were all re-releases. So really, S7 hasn't actually "produced" anything at this point (a bit harsh, I know).

So I am fine with them holding back on more pre-orders until they actually deliver what was promised a year ago. But that creates another problem - even if all waves release now over the sumer, they are back to square one in their pre-order rotation, i.e. wave 5 will then have a 12 months wait with no releases happening in between. :rolleyes:
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:48 am

Lasastard wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 am
Honestly, I think they are in a bit of an unfortunate situation now. A lot of pre-orders (including the tank) and really not much to show after 1.5 years. And to be fair, the first wave were all re-releases. So really, S7 hasn't actually "produced" anything at this point (a bit harsh, I know).

So I am fine with them holding back on more pre-orders until they actually deliver what was promised a year ago. But that creates another problem - even if all waves release now over the sumer, they are back to square one in their pre-order rotation, i.e. wave 5 will then have a 12 months wait with no releases happening in between. :rolleyes:
While the first wave were versions of Mattel figures, there WERE new extras added to the figures released, so it wasn't JUST a rerelease.
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:41 am

Shouldn’t we have heard something by now of when the next wave is shipping? I know they said wave 3 & 4 are likely to ship before wave 2 , but I thought they said around April/May was when stuff would be on its way?
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:48 am

elvis8batman wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:41 am
Shouldn’t we have heard something by now of when the next wave is shipping? I know they said wave 3 & 4 are likely to ship before wave 2 , but I thought they said around April/May was when stuff would be on its way?
Let me check real quick on their status page for the various pre-orders they have running at the moment. Oh wait, they don't have one, gotta wait for the next interview they give on some youtube channel :lol: But yea, I was under the impression that we would be getting the first batch of figures round about now. Apparently not - wonder what went wrong this time.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:02 pm

I am on board with waiting until they deliver another wave before putting up a new preorder. I understand that the pandemic has thrown a wrench in things for all toy manufacturers, but Super7 has had delay problems well before 2020. They put out unrealistic preorder dates and are usually off schedule by months if not a year.
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:33 pm

I have faith that they'll get all of the pre-orders out eventually. It's frustrating how long it's taking, but it's a cursed property, so I'm used to it. I do take some solace in knowing that once the pre-orders are fulfilled, I'll only be a Snarf away from being done with the line.
Blaster818
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:03 am

Brian and company DO deserve some flack for the constant delays, because honestly he's a push over and lets these companies get away with murder. The virus is definitely at fault but don't hide behind "blah blah blah, we're a small company, we don't have pull like Hasbro and Mattel"... Well... Brian... Mcfarlane and Neca and Jakks Pacific are of the same caliber as Super 7 and they don't see any problems with getting product out. So lets hear your next excuse.
citysushi
CROM!

Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:43 pm

Blaster818 wrote:
Brian and company DO deserve some flack for the constant delays, because honestly he's a push over and lets these companies get away with murder. The virus is definitely at fault but don't hide behind "blah blah blah, we're a small company, we don't have pull like Hasbro and Mattel"... Well... Brian... Mcfarlane and Neca and Jakks Pacific are of the same caliber as Super 7 and they don't see any problems with getting product out. So lets hear your next excuse.
Neca had a heck of a time getting product out in 2019.
Blaster818
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:30 pm

citysushi wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:43 pm
Blaster818 wrote:
Neca had a heck of a time getting product out in 2019.

With all due respect, that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make. Brian is clinging to "the virus" still as his excuse. There wasn't a virus in 2019, plus Super 7 ALSO had a year delay on their last wave of C;ub Greyskull figures... I think I waited nearly a year for those. Its kinda unprofessional to have product delayed several months after promised delivery.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:28 pm

Man I guess some of you guys don’t collect Mafex or Mezco figures...
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:06 pm

There's a lot of waiting across the board when it comes to my pre-orders. I'm waiting on a Hot Toy that's a year late, a Mezco figure that's a year late, and these ThunderCats figures. I think a lot of these companies are in similar boats, so I'm not holding it against them.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”